Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Has anyone relocated their soundbar?

In my 36.1, the soundbar is located over the doorway. No matter how high the volume, it's very difficult to hear with the helicopter...I mean, A/C running and while sitting at the dinette.

I was thinking of relocating it across the main cabin over to the couch side and maybe placing it on the underside of the cabinet there by the windows. I plan on replacing it with something of better quality and more compact size if I can figure out how to go about it.

The question is, is there an easy way to relocate those wires over to the otherside? I know, I know, nothing in these coaches is easy, but if you were to do it, what would be the easiest way to go about it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #2

Go with a wireless soundbar

Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I haven't found any wireless soundbars as of yet. They have wireless subwoofer models, but no wireless soundbars. If you know of any, please let me know!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You need to search on bluetooth rather than wireless. See here Best Soundbars with Bluetooth in 2014
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that Bluetooth will only work wirelessly with devices such as iPads, iPhones and the like, not with televisions. They all require either HDMI, analog or optical cables. I've been searching for months. So far, I've found nothing.

When a soundbar is described as 'wireless' it is referring to either to the above mentioned devices, OR, wireless subwoofers. I purchased one of these for the coach's bedroom yesterday. It must connect to the television with a wire but it is wireless to the subwoofer and my Apple devices.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #6

i moved ours from under our main tv(where we never used it anyway) to above the driver/passenger seats for use with our SatRadio or iPhone music, while driving. I don't have mine attached to the tv, but you would only need to route a connector line to it from the tv. Sometimes you can use the trim of the slide, the overhead bunk, and overhead cabinets to hide the line.

'14 FordFocus, KingTailgater2 DishHD, 200w/10a mobile SOLAR, 75,000+ miles
all continental US states, Alaska, and yes, most of Canada!
MisterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Great idea! I may be able to run it from the cabinet and over to side via the front dash, then up along the side of the slide. Hadn't thought of such a simple path.

Thank you so much. I love this forum. Such nice and helpful folks. Wish there were more like all of you in this crazy world we live in these days.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #8

i've found, over the last 14 months, that much is possible, if you give it some time, thought, and effort. I've sometimes made 'changes', only to realize a month later a much easier route was available.
i.e., mobile satellite antenna(KingTailgater). Worked great for a while when setting it outside and storing it in a small exterior bay when traveling. Thought that would be the way it went from then on, but one day asked myself: why can't I just mount it on the roof and never have to 'store' it somewhere(?). No, not possible, mounting it and worrying about running the coax cables thru a hole in the roof would be too much trouble, and maybe even a little risky. Right?

Then it hit me- why do we always assume that it must be done the 'regular' way?

I devised a easy way to provide a simple mount, at the rear, within easy reach of the roof ladder. I then decided to bypass any roof 'entry holes' and simply run the coax cables down the ladder, thru the radiator cover, under the driver side of the coach, and into the wet bay where my sat connection is made.
It has worked flawlessly - I arrive at my site, or wherever I am parking for the night, turn on the receiver, and wait for it to find the satellite, then watch tv. I seldom have to ever actually move, or even touch the dish... and it stores out of site on the roof! sweet : )

'14 FordFocus, KingTailgater2 DishHD, 200w/10a mobile SOLAR, 75,000+ miles
all continental US states, Alaska, and yes, most of Canada!
MisterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I replaced the TV with a Samsung TV and know I don't need the sound bar!!!! The The Jensen TV is not very good. Also replaced the TV in bedroom!!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that Bluetooth will only work wirelessly with devices such as iPads, iPhones and the like, not with televisions. They all require either HDMI, analog or optical cables. I've been searching for months. So far, I've found nothing.

When a soundbar is described as 'wireless' it is referring to either to the above mentioned devices, OR, wireless subwoofers. I purchased one of these for the coach's bedroom yesterday. It must connect to the television with a wire but it is wireless to the subwoofer and my Apple devices.
You could purchase a bluetooth transmitter which would plug into your TV and then transmit to a bluetooth enabled receiver. For instance if your radio is bluetooth enabled it would pickup the signal and play it over your coach speakers. You might get lag in the sound, the lips would not be synced, but for sports it would not matter. Here is one, not endorsing it http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ronics&sr=1-21
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Isn't your TV sound wired thru your surround sound system so that you can use that?
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I have to turn my sound bar on if I want to use it. I now only have to turn my tv up maybe 50%. I'm in Texas we run the air all the time and it is loud!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
We replaced both televisions as well. Neither are loud enough when the helicopter ACs are running. While I love the idea of bluetooth, I just can't watch television with a lag. In the bedroom, I am halfway through running an optical cable from the television down into the wall and through an existing opening in the bottom of the slide where the washing machine and other wires are located and then into the wet bay. That's as far as I've gotten. Now I just need to run it through the compartments or under the coach with a wireloom (whichever is easier) then up under the bed where there is already a bundle of wires coming in. From there, I am going to attach the soundbar to the underside of the cabinets over the headboard. The wire and plug will be hidden behind the headboard. I've already pulled the headboard off the wall. It was attached with just a few very thin headless nails into the foam wall.

The main cabin television is my next project. I think the easiest way to do it is to run it through through the dashboard unless I can find entry points below the cabinet and somewhere on the large slide on the opposite wall where the couch is.

Thank you all so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated
Old 10-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Bluetooth sound bar

Bought a Bluetooth sound bar and mounted it under cabinet over couch. (2014 33.2) bought a Bluetooth transmitter, around $20. I turn TV sound off and don't notice any lag. Maybe I'm just slow, but even with A/C on high I can hear TV easily. Peter

Tags
cat