Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #1

Honest Opinion on a 2018 Palazzo 37.4

So I wanna know your thoughts about this rig or about this brand in general. We’re considering stepping up to this from a gas rig. The dealer came back this afternoon with a pretty good price on both our existing unit and for those 2018.I felt like for the value it was pretty good, please let me know your thoughts?
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're at 9K miles, 11 months, and 4 dozen nights camping in our '18 33.2. I am utterly convinced after my first year of ownership it's one of the wisest (and certainly most researched) purchase decisions we've ever made. Any issues have been promptly taken care of by Thor with no problem or delay. We moved up from the gas coach like you are considering (probably for all the same reasons too). The 37.4 is a great floor plan. Good luck with your purchase decision and happy to share our PDI we used for the Palazzo, just PM me.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
II hate to be negative but from a new owner (2018 Palazzo 36.1) I would seriously reconsider. We are in the midst of uncovering new issues every day it sits in our driveway. The workmanship on ours is horrible. The latest idiotic thing we discovered is they hooked the refrigerator to a GFI circuit. Water leaks in every single plumbing fixture including the washer which flooded the interior. I could write a book on the crap we have found. Not to mention what we have fixed ourselves.

Seriously rethinking our decision.
ZuCrew2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #4

I went to buy a used class c and ended up with a New Palazzo Ha....Funny how that happens. It was not an impulse buy tho, I did ALOT of research before I made the purchase. So after 2 years and 23k miles I am very pleased. Having said that I have had several boats and rv,s so I was fully aware of the repairs and Maintenance issues that arise. Plus I read several posts about the first year issues as well. At the end of the first year we had several items on the warranty list, some I corrected my self Others taken care of by the dealer....... Water heater, central heat, loose antenna, loose and leaking plumbing fittings etc. Nothing was a show stopper or a major deterrent. Over all I am VERY happy with the Palazzo, I carry some extra parts and tools to perform repairs and Maintenance along the way. Today I am having a new windshield put in it and we are off to Oregon next week to escape the Texas Heat.

I am not familiar with the floor plan of the unit you are looking at, We have a 33.3 which has the bunk beds which we love for the storage and extra bed if needed. We do not have a washer-dryer and it has never been a problem, We find laundry facilities are just fine at the parks as we pass thru. It would be nice to have a second bathroom but like the washer and dryer it is not a must and I really don't want to haul the extra weight around.

Good Luck on your decision !!!.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workmanship - Honest Opinion and pictures

This is a follow up to my previous reply regarding our decision to purchase our 2018 Palazzo Motor Coach.

I wanted to share with the group several pictures from some of the workmanship we have discovered. We are in the midst of trying to resolve the issues with the dealer and Thor and I'll post how that goes later, but EVERYONE who owns a Palazzo should see this because it cannot be good for any of us when it comes to trade in or resale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw from cabinet.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	209706

Name:	HORRID WORKMANSHIP.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	209707

Name:	MORE HORRID WORKMANSHIP.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	209708

Name:	Upholstery.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	209709

The picture of the screw that isn't screwed in completely is the reason I found the disgusting workmanship in the cabinets. I was putting cork adhesive shelf paper in the cabinets so things would not slide so easily. Something kept catching my hair and when I looked up to find what was snagging my hair, the screw was sticking out. Mind you, the hideous botched job of installing the cabinet is the one that is directly over the DRIVER.

I have a video of the shower doors that were not properly sealed which we discovered on our first trip out. This was after we discovered the washing machine was not hooked up correctly as well as the icemaker line.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but do your homework before you buy. DO A THOROUGH inspection before it leaves the dealership.

And lastly, document everything!

I hope we don't have any further discoveries but I have a feeling we are far from done.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What is wrong with hooking a refer to a GFCI protected plug?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #7

We love the 37.4 floorplan. However the problems keep piling up and we have taken the RV out of service until they are fixed. We took delivery in mid April and so far have had a slide cover break, the inverter go bad, a stress crack in the windshield and GFI and lighting control issues. In addition a new fireplace and navigation system are on order. So a lot of things not working. Many we could live with but the electrical and slide cover need fixed before we can take it out again. All new RVs will have issues but I’m now feeling we’re seeing more than our fair share for only three months and 2,600 miles. Would I still buy it yes it’s what we wanted at a very good price point. But it has been a challenge to stay positive given the issues we’ve had.
Apex Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:53 AM   #8

Hey thank you very much. I understand the issues. Frankly I’m amazed they can go down the road and still be in one piece. I am not defending poor workmanship. I think I’ve just gotten used to stuff screwing up.I swear at the house there is something always getting screwed up. I thought for the value of the 37.4 it was actually pretty good. We haven’t finalized anything. My kids make the final decision. They’ve had bunks and this unit doesn’t. It has the drop-down bunk over the drivers area, and a foldout sofa bed. I’ve always said I wanted a special place for all of us. But the problem is the kids are getting taller or their bunks are getting smaller. Either way They’re not fitting well. I know the coach I really want but it’s double the price point and some point I need to retire. So that’s what made me think we might enjoy this price point of a coach. So thank you for the input.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:00 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Imagine this: you leave your fully stocked refrigerator and go out for the day. The GFI trips and you have no power to the refrigerator. Everything in it spoils.

There is NO logical reason for a refrigerator to be hooked to a GFI.

Bathrooms yes. Refrigerator?? Not
Old 07-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
Hey thank you very much. I understand the issues. Frankly I’m amazed they can go down the road and still be in one piece. I am not defending poor workmanship. I think I’ve just gotten used to stuff screwing up.I swear at the house there is something always getting screwed up. I thought for the value of the 37.4 it was actually pretty good. We haven’t finalized anything. My kids make the final decision. They’ve had bunks and this unit doesn’t. It has the drop-down bunk over the drivers area, and a foldout sofa bed. I’ve always said I wanted a special place for all of us. But the problem is the kids are getting taller or their bunks are getting smaller. Either way They’re not fitting well. I know the coach I really want but it’s double the price point and some point I need to retire. So that’s what made me think we might enjoy this price point of a coach. So thank you for the input.
Very well put !!!! And In no way do I defend poor workmanship either. I will say in all fairness many of the items I have had trouble with IE. Water pump, water heater, central heat etc. are not items specific to just the Palazzo brand. It took about a year to get the bugs worked out on these "new" appliances. Btw the drop down bunk is handy and our son has graduated from the bunk bed to the drop down for more room. But it does come in handy for storage and an extra bed if needed. Best of luck to you and keep us posted !!!!!
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #11

Honest Opinion on a 2018 Palazzo 37.4

It is my opinion along with discussions with owners of even million dollar coaches is that it takes about 2 years to iron everything out. This is our second THOR coach and we are very happy and now have a very righteous coach. Always keep in mind that if a problem has to do with the chassis, all other brands in similar price point have the same chassis
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
OMG ! That is ridiculous! No excuse!!!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
So I wanna know your thoughts about this rig or about this brand in general. We’re considering stepping up to this from a gas rig. The dealer came back this afternoon with a pretty good price on both our existing unit and for those 2018.I felt like for the value it was pretty good, please let me know your thoughts?
I have been through ups and downs with my new Palazzo and I have had some interesting problems...just see my posts. But that said, I still love my coach and for the money I am thrilled. Every issue I called Thor about they immediately provided a solution. So far so good. I would definitely buy Thor again. I have the 33.3 with the bunk beds and the overhead bunk. We love it for the grand kids. Good luck. Be prepared for some adjustments and repairs (most of which you can do yourself as I did).
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #14

I was an Allison Transmission Field Service Tech in a former life, I had Prevost and MCI customers tell me the same thing, 18-24 months to get the bugs worked out of their coaches.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote