Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post

My coach has pulled to the right ever since the test drive. We love the 36.1 layout and the price. That is why we bought it. I did not buy a top end Newmar or Winnie... I get that. I just want what I did buy to work.
CW told me the pull was fixed at delivery. It was not. I took it to Freightliner Jax. Still pulled. I took it to Freightliner Lake City FL. Still pulled. Took it back to CW where I bought it. They told me don't take it to Freightliner. Said they "screwed it up." CW undid what Freightliner did. Still pulled.
:(
Take it to Josam's in Orlando. It won't pull when they are done. Not only are they experts at performing all axle alignments, they manufacture the alignment systems.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Per-Delivery Inspection (PDI) PRIOR to sale. Once you sign the papers the dealership has less incentive to work quickly. Again this frustrates the buyer when they must return to the shop, wait days/weeks, to correct some issue(s) that should of been found during the PDI.

As for the slides, Thor instructs you to level prior to deploying the slides. I have observed at dealerships that they have the slides out, because it makes the interior look larger, and they are not on the jacks. Again a lazy or untrained dealership staff. You have no idea how many times the slides have been operated incorrectly at the dealership. If you see this at a dealership I would move along and shop someplace else. I mentioned this to Mark Stanley, Thor Marketing Director and he assured me that all dealerships know the correct procedure but he also knows that they will do what ever...

Thanks again for your comments!

I could not agree more with this statement Jack well put.

We can all have issues with a new coach myself included and other new Newmar owners case in point FWS's.
It may help to vent but it does not solve the problem working a with comparable dealer and the factory is the only way the problems will get resolved.

People that have been to factory or are going should talk to factory Rep's and start asking questions for help as to dealers that will be able to perform the necessary repairs we do it with Newmar and most owners have had good results.

You can post dealer contacts in the GOOD DEALER Sticky top of forum.
As you post in that sticky I will move your link to first post so they all will be in the first post.

If you have a FL Dealer your satisfied with also we can add that dealer also just make note of that fact.

If dealers do not cooperate they can lose their franchise, that's how it works with some big Corporations.

Thor I am sure wants to stay in business
and not take the bad feed back that has been posted on this forum lately.
You all selected their coach's for a reason so its up to us to work for that good reason you took in your selection process.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RE: You can post dealer contacts in the GOOD DEALER Sticky top of forum.
As you post in that sticky I will move your link to first post so they all will be in the first post.

If you have a FL Dealer your satisfied with also we can add that dealer also just make note of that fact.

Thanks for your help 007.
Although I live in SC I went to St. Augustine CW for my Palazzo and I was very satisfied. Good PDI that included a lot of education before I signed any papers and stayed overnight in their on-site hookup area.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Thanks for the reply! In most cases those that were able to get to the factory were able to get their problem corrected in a few days. What I have observed is a level of frustration when dealing through the dealership and not taking an active part in the problem by not contacting Thor directly to verify dealer stories about waiting for parts and warranty authorization. I feel that some shops tend to blame their slow and poorly managed operation on the manufacturer.
The next thing that I have observed is the lack of or poorly conducted Per-Delivery Inspection (PDI) PRIOR to sale. Once you sign the papers the dealership has less incentive to work quickly. Again this frustrates the buyer when they must return to the shop, wait days/weeks, to correct some issue(s) that should of been found during the PDI.

As for the slides, Thor instructs you to level prior to deploying the slides. I have observed at dealerships that they have the slides out, because it makes the interior look larger, and they are not on the jacks. Again a lazy or untrained dealership staff. You have no idea how many times the slides have been operated incorrectly at the dealership. If you see this at a dealership I would move along and shop someplace else. I mentioned this to Mark Stanley, Thor Marketing Director and he assured me that all dealerships know the correct procedure but he also knows that they will do what ever...

Thanks again for your comments!
Jack,
Thanks for your excellent comments.

I have been to several dealers including some whose lots are not level and slides are out. I am sure there is a lot of damage done right their on their lots but it may not all show until later.

I wish we had a way of informing all prospective Palazzo buyers about the necessity for a very thorough PDI by they buyer, not the dealer, before signing any papers. I was a total newbie so found a very thorough PDI list to use. I also needed to learn the systems so I made sure we ran everything except the AGS and I have a video recording which I have used a few times to remind me about some things. I also stayed overnight at the dealer. There was one significant problem found that was fixed immediately but would have been a major problem if it had not been noted until I was 100 miles down the road.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #61

Any Palazzo owners with any windshield seal issues out there ?
J.Kuralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kuralt View Post
I previously posted that I had several warranty issues that THOR addressed immediately to my satisfaction. I have had one additional warranty issue since those repairs (leaking water pump) which THOR is also addressing to our agreed resolution and to my satisfaction.

I am very pleased with the rapid and responsible manner in which THOR has addressed my issues. I am also very happy with my 33.1.(you can look at my previous posts, which aren't many, and see pics)

Having said that....now the response to your question.

Upon taking delivery of my unit from RVOne in Orlando I did not notice the windshield gasket was pulled away from the upper turn of the windshield on the drivers side.

We took delivery and immediately drove close to home and went to a local campsite to "wring-out" and "familiarize" ourselves with the new rig. At that time I found the gasket was protruding out. I called a local THOR dealer(who does not sell DP's) and concluded, after talking to them, that they weren't touching my rig.

I called an independent windshield company who came out and inspected the gasket and said no big deal, the gasket needs to be reset and additional adhesive applied. They said it would be $150.

I then sent pics to and called THOR and went over all my issues and they said take the unit to Ft Lauderdale RV and they would fix it all.

I did take it------they did fix it----as well as did some additional work I wanted done( for my account)......and I am pleased.

Regards
Rich
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kuralt View Post
Had the same issue. Seal was re-glued by dealer with no further problems.
Was told by the glass company doing the repair that our wind screen is glued in. The outer seal does not hold the glass in nor is the final stop for water. It only covers up the area.
Factory reps told me the same when there.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #64

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Take it to Josam's in Orlando. It won't pull when they are done. Not only are they experts at performing all axle alignments, they manufacture the alignment systems.
Josams did my alignment and did a great job . but it seem's to good " maybe "

when on flat road the coach drive's perfect " steering wheel straight " now when driving on a road with a crown to the left or the right the coach will have some pull either way the crown is , and I would say that 90 % of the roads in Florida have a crown to the right for rain drainage so there is a pull to the right most of the time " small pull " I was thinking of getting a " Truecenter " or a " safe T plus with trim kit " to help with this .

any other Palazzo owners have the same problem with crown's in the road ?
again first Rv so don't no if this is normal or not , very small pull to left or right depending on the crown or pitch of road .

even in my car driving down here in florida when holding the wheel straight she drive's straight but when you let go it will 90 % of the time drift to the right a lot slower then the Rv but still drift's

thank's
mike
Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #65

A drift as a result of the crown of the road is normal. My coach pulls right even when driving in the left lane. The coach will pull right, up the left lanes crown, across the center, and down the right lane.
When I'm driving in any lane and I let go of the wheel the wheel immediately turns right and that's the way the coach goes.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #66

Had another alignment from camping world. Still pulled. Took it to freightliner for a third time. They added the maximum amount of caster (sp) according to freightliner in SC. Still pulled. Freightliner lake city fl sent driver to my house to get coach to look for other issues. Steering linkage, tires, power steering etc.
I've not heard from them yet. They've had it one week. I hope they find it or I'm gonna get a lawyer. Lemmon law MUST apply here. CW twice and freightliner 4 times.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #67

Quote:
Had another alignment from camping world. Still pulled. Took it to freightliner for a third time. They added the maximum amount of caster (sp) according to freightliner in SC. Still pulled. Freightliner lake city fl sent driver to my house to get coach to look for other issues. Steering linkage, tires, power steering etc.
I've not heard from them yet. They've had it one week. I hope they find it or I'm gonna get a lawyer. Lemmon law MUST apply here. CW twice and freightliner 4 times.
Reading your last two posts it sounds more like a bent/misaligned frame and a Freightliner chassis issue. If the coach was that out of balance you would see it when you put it on the scales. Let us hope that Freightliner can find and solve the problem.
Is it safe to assume that you are working through Freightliner in Gaffney, SC and not directly with some Freightliner shop via your dealer? If Freightliner Gaffney is not directing this effort I would get them in the loop quickly...
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Reading your last two posts it sounds more like a bent/misaligned frame and a Freightliner chassis issue. If the coach was that out of balance you would see it when you put it on the scales. Let us hope that Freightliner can find and solve the problem.
Is it safe to assume that you are working through Freightliner in Gaffney, SC and not directly with some Freightliner shop via your dealer? If Freightliner Gaffney is not directing this effort I would get them in the loop quickly...
Excellent point. A neighbor with an Itasca took it to the local Freightliner shop several times with a steering issue and did not get resolution until he went to Gaffney.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #69

Quote:
I hope they are doing an ALL wheel alignment, not just the front. You might be surprised how many rear axles are not properly aligned or even bend as a natural part of welding mounting hardware to the axle housing.

As for Lemon Laws, I've not heard of a state yet that extends coverage beyond passenger cars and pickup trucks.

BTW, the best alignment shop on the east coast and possibly the entire country is Josam's in Orlando. They are also design alignment equipment.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #70

Quote:

SC told me to go to freightliner lake city fl.