Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #1

I need help with Lippert LCI Level Up coach leveling jacks

On my 2015 Palazzo 33.3 coach the Lippert leveling jacks are causing me some trouble. I used them about 4 weeks ago and they worked fine.

Now when I try to level the coach (I always use it in manual mode,) I press and hold the front jack button to lower the front jacks until they touch the ground. I continue to hold the button and the jacks will only extend a little bit more. They should continue to extend to raise the front of the coach and even enough power to raise the front tires of the ground if I wanted (which I never do, that's too scary for me)

The pump motor runs but it is as if the hydraulic fluid is in a bypass mode and returning the hydraulic fluid back to the tank instead of feeding to the top of the 2 front jack cylinders.

I haven't checked the cylinders yet to see if they are bypassing fluid around the pistons, but I don't think so, since the exact same thing happens with the rear jacks. I can't imagine all 4 jack cylinders failing at the same time.

If all 4 of the jacks check out to be ok, and are not bypassing fluid around the jack cylinder pistons, does anyone have an Idea as to what to check next ?

I added 1 quart of fluid and tried it thinking it was simply low on fluid , but it still acts the same.

I will do a recalibration on the panel also, but I really do not think this will have any bearing in it.

I can replace the hydraulic pump unit, but at almost $1,900 , I want to exhaust all other options first.

When I purchased the coach in Florida, the dealer said the previous owner did something to the leveling jacks and they did not work so they ordered 4 new valves for the manifold, installed them and then it worked perfect.
I am trying to contact them to ask about their repair, but I haven't been able to talk to their tech yet.

I also ran the system in automatic mode when the coach was on a level concrete floor in my garage , and it worked perfectly, but the jacks only needed to touch the floor and not extend very much. It went thru its' routine and gave me a green light showing the coach is level.

I do not believe the auto level would work on an unlevel surface , since it will not work in manual mode on an unlevel surface.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Bob
ky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds more like the solenoids than pump. Wonder if the dump valve is sticking? You would need to check voltages on dump valve or pressures.

Lippert has a great tech line. They helped me figure out a wiring issue.
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corc View Post
Sounds more like the solenoids than pump. Wonder if the dump valve is sticking? You would need to check voltages on dump valve or pressures.

Lippert has a great tech line. They helped me figure out a wiring issue.
Is his the dump valve on the side in these 2 pictures ? In one picture, I removed the coil.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84F4B7D5-12EB-42E5-BC2F-A140C34D4A7A.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	259897   Click image for larger version

Name:	76E5940C-6ACE-466D-A0AA-10E6DA7118E7.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	259898  

ky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, I do not know. Never had the need to track it down. I would call Lippert, they were helpful to me.
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, lippert, need help