Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #15

Allen,

I wish I could have jumped on this thread way earlier. I was dealing with my own Palazzo problems last night. I completely sympathize with you. You have a right to speak your mind. We are not trying to protect any brand or any one. We are just trying to speak up and let it be known that there are problems.

To that end, I find it amazing how that different owners seem to come up with problems that are the same. This tells you something about the brand. It tells you a whole lot. Then next time I hear someone say that every coach has problems and there is not a perfect coach, I will just reply back with, The Palazzo has more than its fair share.

I also had that exact same problem with the coolant leak. I got under that POS and tightened the hose clamp myself. Problem solved. Should we as owners have to do this, well no, not on a brand new motor home. In 2 to 5 years, yes. But still, it is frustrating and time consuming.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #16

Well, unfortunately THOR is less than helpful. 2 calls to the 877 number and have yet to receive a call back.

I used an email of a person I found and they started by saying this isn't a THOR problem and are less than helpful.

Freightliner did step up and offer to coordinate between the service center and THOR. They even offered to eat the warranty work if THOR won't. It's not a money issue to me but more of a "who is responsible" situation now.

So, I'm not impressed with THOR Customer service.....the frustration continues.
alindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #17

Resolved!

It was very frustrating and time consuming but I think this is finally resolved.

It took Freightliner getting involved to coordinate between THOR and the repair facility. The THOR rep didn't want to call anyone or get involved. When Frieghtliner pointed out the loose connection was the heater hoses to the dash of the coach, THOR gave in and decided it was their responsibility.

Note some sarcasm? yes, lots of it. Thor never did call me back and the person I exchanged emails with was not willing to assist to the degree needed.

If your coach is working as you want or you are able to repair your own items, great, you can ignore this thread.

If you need warranty work, based on my experience, it will take a lot of persistence and a bulldog approach. By this I mean you have to be pleasant in your discussions but don't give up.

I'm now writing a letter to the CEO. Probably will go into the circular file but if the leader of the company is made aware of these concerns, hopefully something positive will occur.

Like I said in a previous post, it only take one bad employee to hurt the reputation of the entire company. If the company leadership is made aware of that and handles the situation, then I can be forgiving.

If the leaders ignore these concerns, then shareholders need to be informed and they can decide on a course of action...the timetable for something like this is long I'm certain but certainly better than legal action.

If you have a concern, I would suggest you also write a CEO letter. The more people that do this, the better chance of success we have in improving things.

Some of you won't agree with my course of action...so I suggest you offer a better alternative for correcting the quality and morale issues at THOR.

Allan
Old 05-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Some of you won't agree with my course of action...so I suggest you offer a better alternative for correcting the quality and morale issues at THOR.
Allan, your last statement speaks volumes about this company. I wish you good luck.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad you got your issues resolved.

But thankful that I'm on my third Thor product and just don't think I could be happier with the product or the service! Camping World is a different story but I don't fault Thor for that. My Lippert steps failed after 6 months but I don't fault Thor for that either.

I'm pretty happy I didn't buy a Palazzo
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #20

Round two - got the coach home and the repair shop didn't fix it properly - WTH?

For clarification - I love my Palazzo..the layout is great...the features are what I wanted and it is a joy to drive. The problems have been minor and hopefully, this is the end of my frustration.

I am expecting the repair facility to fix my leak and then I'm off to make some mods. Again, I love my Palazzo and am looking forward to many trips.

Allan

Tags
thor