Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #1

Key for overhead bunk

We have not used our overhead bunk until recently. The key will go into the lock, but I cannot turn the key to the off position. It will turn a little bit, but not enough to turn it off. Any ideas!! The key appears to fit????

Barb
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #2

I've never removed my key from the first time we used the bunk, and left in the ON position. I guess this is a safety feature to keep someone from 'accidentally' lowering the bunk while someone or something is underneath, or raising it while someone or something is in the bunk(maybe more to keep 'kids' from playing with it). Of course, it will not operate no matter with key or not while the engine is on anyway.
I suspect that the key you may be trying to use is actually one of the outside 'storage bay' keys that look very similar. (It would be nice if all of these locks were just keyed the same, but Thor purchases all of these products 'off the shelf' from suppliers, with locks and keys already installed.)
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is the engine running or off and/or is the ignition key on or off? That may be the problem. There may be a safety where the bed or key cannot be operated with the ignition key on.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #4

The key is the correct key - I called Thor and confirmed that. Also, engine not on. I can synch the motors, but one side does not stay up