Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #379

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corc View Post
Please add me, new Palazzo 2018 33.2
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Palazzo. This is an excellent and active owners group so be sure to check back often and share your experiences and questions. Wishing you happy and safe travels in your new coach!
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #380

Please add me to the list. Just brought home a 2018 36.3 that we traded in for our first rv, a 2017 Thor Chateau 30d. Had the itch to go bigger and better.
pixelpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #381

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpro View Post
Please add me to the list. Just brought home a 2018 36.3 that we traded in for our first rv, a 2017 Thor Chateau 30d. Had the itch to go bigger and better.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your shiny new Palazzo! Good choice for your first DP! Be sure to post pics in the New Rig Show Off section.

Lots of good advice here and be sure to share your new coach experiences. Best wishes to you.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:44 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpro View Post
Nice! Welcome to the family.
HobieBaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #383

Bought another Palazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuk View Post
Ok, so very bad news...for now. I am NOT a new Palazzo owner after all. I sold our class c 10 days ago, and after a long search negotiated on a 2018 Palazzo 33.3 out of state and put down a $5000 deposit. This was a new unit at a dealer. Scheduled the delivery date, flew out of state, arrived and salesman picked me up from the airport. On the way to the dealership in their car I was informed that the Palazzo had a bit of a problem with a sensor they had discovered the evening before (they informed me the night before my 730am flight but said it was just a sensor reset and delivery was expected as planned). On the ride from the airport to the dealer they said that the sensor problem was taking longer at freightliner so I would need to wait at the dealer a few hours (still not seeing my coach for the first time because it was at freightliner) eat and then take delivery. I waited about 2 hours and they informed me that the problem was bigger than they thought and after 5 hours of tear down feightliner determined it needed a new engine control computer. They said I would need to pick it up in a couple of days. I told them I wanted to cancel the deal given all the signs of a lemon on my hands. They told me that it was no big deal, there is a recall/service bulletin on this issue and all of the freightliner chassis need this replacement. Is this true?? I had a clause allowing me to cancel if not satisfied with the unit. They agreed they didn't want me to have to buy that unit and agreed to refund my deposit. I never saw the Palazzo! I got a ride home to the airport and bought a one way ticket home and arrived to tell my wife we had no motorhome. Interestingly, the lot boy drove me to the airport and said that he was glad I didn't buy that Palazzo cuz "it had major problems". "We couldn't get it to drive more than 5mph and had to have it towed 30 miles to freightliner a few days ago". Interestingly, the sales folks never told me about the tow a few days prior to my delivery date and I could have cancelled my trip had I known it was that bad. By the way, I am still awaiting my $5000 deposit refund from 5 days ago. So, I guess you can remove me from the Palazzo owners forum. This has been a disaster. Too bad. I really like the Palazzo. At this time I am looking at Pace Arrow/Holiday rambler and also searching for a new Palazzo. Any suggestions? I need to fit under a 12 ft garage door. I sure hope they give me my deposit back. I will reveal the dealership later and critique them depending upon whether I get my deposit back.
OK, maybe I'm crazy but after my experience quoted above I just signed a deal for another 2018 33.3 at another dealer in another state. I searched for a month and went to a large rv show and to multiple dealers. There is simply nothing on the market as good as the Palazzo for the money. I hope this one isn't a lemon. Someone please share some good palazzo experiences for me to read. I hope to pick it up next week. I will update you.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:44 AM   #384

Thor Owners Club
We have loved our 2018 36.3. Haven't had any mechanical issues to speak of (knocks on wood). We struggled with Camping World to get some things addressed that needing fixing - primarily changing out the sofa for recliners - but we have thoroughly enjoyed the coach... Be sure to post pictures when you take delivery!!!
pauleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:40 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleyboy View Post
We have loved our 2018 36.3. Haven't had any mechanical issues to speak of (knocks on wood). We struggled with Camping World to get some things addressed that needing fixing - primarily changing out the sofa for recliners - but we have thoroughly enjoyed the coach... Be sure to post pictures when you take delivery!!!

We love our 2013 33.2. It is perfect for us and our 2 1/8 dogs.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #386

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Palazzo33.3 2015

Hi we also had alot of trouble, but took ours to the Indiana factory for warranty repairs. They are AWESOME. everything was fixed, we could sleep in it at night with full hookups. Now we LOVE our Palazzo !!!
queenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #387

Quote:
OK, maybe I'm crazy but after my experience quoted above I just signed a deal for another 2018 33.3 at another dealer in another state. I searched for a month and went to a large rv show and to multiple dealers. There is simply nothing on the market as good as the Palazzo for the money. I hope this one isn't a lemon. Someone please share some good palazzo experiences for me to read. I hope to pick it up next week. I will update you.
We have had our 33.3 for almost 2 years and 20,000 miles !!!! Had no Idea We would enjoy it this much !!!! We live near a LARGE rv dealership so we on occasion stop in and look at newer, bigger Coaches but nothing compares !!!!! Love the size, Height, etc. the Cummins-Allison-Freightliner combination is excellent. And now that we have had bunk beds, It would be hard to go with out, not only for the sleeping but the storage is Greatness !!! We had a list of small warranty issues at the end of the first year as we expected would be the case. Nothing Major. And along with the helpful people on this forum I am able to take care of many issues that come up on my own.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #388

good to know! Thanks. Nice to hear some positives once in awhile. I am scheduled for delivery pickup of the new unit 2/26/18.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #389

Good to hear. The coach seems very nice for the money. Can't beat it.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #390

We have been very happy with our 2014 33.2 Palazzo. I have found that the slide issues some others have had have been no problem for us. We are meticulous on how we operate them and level the coach. And, I think that has a lot to do with it. Perhaps some recieved units that the dealer didn't use correct precautions on. The Indiana Rally Techs have been great for any small things that needed help. I agree about best bang for the buck. Simply cannot be beat for the price. Hope you have fun with it.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #391

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Congrats on your decision, wise indeed. You are flat out right, the Palazzo is unmatched for features, coach, chassis, and price. We've had our '18 33.2 since July and logged 5K before winterizing. We've really loved it. We went to Hershey in Sept and toured every DP there. We came away more certain than ever we had done our research and made the right decision. Be sure to post pics when you take delivery. Best wishes!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #392

My new Palazzo 33.3

Finally closed the deal on a 2018 Palazzo 33.3.. I have a few questions for the forum members.
1. What is the brown light type switch with a red glow light on the passenger side of the master bed....on the actual bed frame, below where the bedspread hangs?
2. I got 2 small silver keys with my coach. I think one might be the outside TV (haven't tried to open i yet) but I can't figure out what the second one is for (they are different). Any ideas??
3. I get a Low battery voltage message on the freightliner dash display when I start the motorhome for about 30-60 seconds. During that time, my auto levelers also say low voltage and won't work.
4. My front hood under the windshield that opens for generator is very loose and rattles. the top latches but the bottom can be pulled on either side about 3 inches outward and it bangs and rattles when hitting bumps. Any ideas?
5. the aluminum shade bars banging on aluminum window frames is not music to my ears....foam pieces or ??? to solve this problem.
The coach drives like a dream and has plenty of power. I put 1400 miles on her this week.
6. Has anybody figured out the VegaTouch mira app for remote control of the coach systems? Mine just hangs on "Syncing" with coach.
If there is a better place for me to post my questions as a new Palazzo owner, let me know.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180228_170527.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	194169   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180228_112019_001[1].jpg
Views:	56
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	194170  

Click image for larger version