Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #337

I find it amusing that the owners of the 33.1 and the 33.3 are so vocal about how they don't have slide failures. You don't have the same size slide as the 33.2. Your coaches historically haven't had slide failures! Until you have walked in our shoes please don't comment on a problem/coach you DON'T HAVE!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
I find it amusing that the owners of the 33.1 and the 33.3 are so vocal about how they don't have slide failures. You don't have the same size slide as the 33.2. Your coaches historically haven't had slide failures! Until you have walked in our shoes please don't comment on a problem/coach you DON'T HAVE!!
Well said.

I had my 36.1 slide fixed last year and we haven't used it yet this year. Warranty expires May 1st so I need to get out and try things soon.

Wish me luck!

Allan
alindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #339

Quote:
the 33.3 and the 33.2 have the same size slides... However, the 33.2 has more weight having the fridge and the W&D. The bunks on the 33.3 is not heavy at all, just bulky. But, these are the main difference between the 33.2 and 33.3.

I do hope you sell/trade your coach fairly soon. I am sorry you are going through this ordeal.... the thing is, a lot of people do read these forums. I know Thor (service dept) read this forum and they know quite a few members of this forum (me included). The Palazzo community is quite small... It doesn't take much for people (potential buyers) to figure out that your coach your are trying to sell or trade is a lemon, dealers included. The internet is a weird thing... It can help you a lot, but it can also hurt you. Ive been on forums for a long time and Ive learned that people should be selective on what they post (especially if you have a long history on the sight)... no one wants to buy someones headaches. So I say... walk quietly but carry a big stick. I hope you dont take this post in a bad way, just trying to help.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLola View Post
We took a bigger than expected loss on a Forest River Class A in order to get away from the poor quality and almost non-existent customer service. We did manage to sell it for more than the dealer was offering in trade by listing it fairly low on RV Trader.

But we now have a Winnebago DP and we love it.
Which Forest River Class A did you own? Which Winnebago DP did you end up with?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
the 33.3 and the 33.2 have the same size slides... However, the 33.2 has more weight having the fridge and the W&D. The bunks on the 33.3 is not heavy at all, just bulky. But, these are the main difference between the 33.2 and 33.3.

I do hope you sell/trade your coach fairly soon. I am sorry you are going through this ordeal.... the thing is, a lot of people do read these forums. I know Thor (service dept) read this forum and they know quite a few members of this forum (me included). The Palazzo community is quite small... It doesn't take much for people (potential buyers) to figure out that your coach your are trying to sell or trade is a lemon, dealers included. The internet is a weird thing... It can help you a lot, but it can also hurt you. Ive been on forums for a long time and Ive learned that people should be selective on what they post (especially if you have a long history on the sight)... no one wants to buy someones headaches. So I say... walk quietly but carry a big stick. I hope you dont take this post in a bad way, just trying to help.
Thanks Ferdinand. I know you are trying to help.
Yes we even tried to remove weight in our slide by removing the W/D. But the slide failed again anyway. It just proves what I have said all along: our slide box isn't square so it will never be right. It is just a defective coach, no that doesn't mean it is a defective line of coaches. Ours is just never going to be right. We know it and so does Thor.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by alindsay View Post
Well said.

I had my 36.1 slide fixed last year and we haven't used it yet this year. Warranty expires May 1st so I need to get out and try things soon.

Wish me luck!

Allan
Hi Allan,
Thor has been fixing the slides past the warrenty period. But that doesn't change the fact that it takes time away from your RV use to allow for slide repairs.
We are also having a problem with exhaust fumes entering the coach while we are driving.
Just keep meticulous notes on any and all repairs/communications with Thor in case you need the info later.
Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #343

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Several posts have been deleted for personal attacks which are not allowed on iRV2. Please discuss the issue without taking jabs at other members. If you have a problem with a post, just hit the Report Post button and a staff member will take care of it. Thanks.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #344

We had a 2014 FR3 25 DS. We now have a Winnebago Forza 34t. The Winnebago costs twice as much but was well worth the upgrade now that we know we will use it.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #345

Quote:

I too am truly sorry you have had such problems. You have continued to be very gracious in spite of your problems. It is not universal however. We have had our 33.2 since September 2013 without a single slide problem and the tracks look pristine. It has the refrigerator, washer and dryer so we have all the weight. The slide has been in and out so many times it is impossible to count. It makes no sense how one person will have so many problems and others like me have none.

I hope you find a solution.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
I too am truly sorry you have had such problems. You have continued to be very gracious in spite of your problems. It is not universal however. We have had our 33.2 since September 2013 without a single slide problem and the tracks look pristine. It has the refrigerator, washer and dryer so we have all the weight. The slide has been in and out so many times it is impossible to count. It makes no sense how one person will have so many problems and others like me have none.

I hope you find a solution.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

I can see how one could have issues and another one would not.

When I had an independent slide expert give me a price on fixing mine he showed me where my slide box was out of square.

So if one is square and the next one is not there in my opinion lies the problem. And the reason why some have lots of problems and others no problems. !!??

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #347

Hi Bob (HDRoadking),
Thank you for the supportive post. Yes I agree it is strange that one person with a Palazzo can have no problems and another person can have repeated problems. The only thing I can figure is that, as I have said before, if the slide box isn't square the slide is never going to be right. Also I believe it all comes down to "who on the line built the coach". Whether it comes down to employee error, or line tool malfunction. If the coach has build problems coming off the line, the coach will spend all of its days having problems.
I have had many conversations with happy Palazzo owners and I try to tell them all the same thing: If your coach hasn't had any issues so far, it probably won't. I am happy for those that have trouble free coaches (if not a little jealous) But, these coaches are built by humans and humans make mistakes. Ours just happened to be the mistake for that day. Yes, we hate the fact that our coach isn't right! It is upsetting to go coach shopping because we are forced to and know that the coach that fits all of our wants and needs sits in our back yard with a faulty slide. We really did love our Palazzo, that is why we bought it. But when a relationship doesn't work, you get out of the relationship. We will miss all of the really nice people that we have met through our ownership (the mean people we won't miss). But hopefully we can someday own a coach that was well built and void of major problems. Yes, I said "major". No, we aren't unrealistic!
Thanks again for being so nice!
Karen
Old 04-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLola View Post
We had a 2014 FR3 25 DS. We now have a Winnebago Forza 34t. The Winnebago costs twice as much but was well worth the upgrade now that we know we will use it.
So glad you finally found the RV happy place. We look forward to the day when slide problems and trips to the repair facility are distant memories.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #349

OK, been there, done that, Slide is now triple track upgraded and working fine. Upgrade was not auto but decided upon by record of problems repaired and a specific triple track upgrade request from customer. People at Elkhart treated us good, the mechanic was extra special, any questions just ask.......... 2014 Pallazo 36.1
Walt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt21 View Post
OK, been there, done that, Slide is now triple track upgraded and working fine. Upgrade was not auto but decided upon by record of problems repaired and a specific triple track upgrade request from customer. People at Elkhart treated us good, the mechanic was extra special, any questions just ask.......... 2014 Pallazo 36.1
Happy to hear Thor stood tall and upgraded your slide tracks. Hopefully now you can enjoy your RV will less "slide drama" worry.
Safe travels!

Tags
slide