Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Moderator Note: All off-topic discussion of the Palazzo versus Newmar LE 3436 has been moved to a separate thread. It can be found here... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/pala...-a-184392.html

PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON TOPIC. Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #86

Thor wants me to send my 33.2 back to the factory. I have demanded a new unit. I cant believe people are settling for a repaired unit. Why couldn't they get it right the first time? This all blows my mind. Please help me understand your rational.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Take the offer, I think anyone going to factory has been satisfied.

As to getting another one.....I don't think digging your heals in on that demand will get you on the road enjoying things.

Now if they can't fix it it which I doubt then try getting a new one but U have to play it their way for now.

By the way what was the build date on yours?
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #88

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post

Thor wants me to send my 33.2 back to the factory. I have demanded a new unit. I cant believe people are settling for a repaired unit. Why couldn't they get it right the first time? This all blows my mind. Please help me understand your rational.
They will pick up and deliver your coach. Give them your list of concerns and they will get it right. I know it is frustrating but the only way to get a new coach is if it is non repairable or your state has a lemon law you can use. The service center does a real good job. Give them a chance, they are not the factory
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #89

We picked up our 33.2 the first week of October. It had just come off the line a few days before that. Slide goes out, slide comes in. No broken rivets. Over 3,000 miles so far. I wish everyone was having our experience. Happy Thanksgiving all!
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #90

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have to agree with those who were fortunate enough to have their coach worked on at the Thor repair facility. To those of you who are having issues with the Palazzo slides or other manufacturing issues, I know how frustrating it can be to pay that much money to be having structural problems that should have been addressed at production, but I believe that Thor will offer the support you need and deserve. I just returned from the repair facility with a slide issue on my Challenger (2011). It was 2 years out of warranty and the factory repaired the slide issue at their cost. I am very impressed with the support that Thor is providing, and I feel that the factory will assist you in any way they can - even coming to pick up the coach and delivering it to you if necessary.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #91

Quote:
Having just completed repairs at the factory I can say that if I were given the choice between another coach or having mine fixed at the factory, I would send mine back every time. The work they do there will result in a better Than new coach every time. The factory has a certain amount of time to get these coaches built and not everything comes out right. I am not saying that this is right but that is just the way it is today. The techs at the service center are not rushed, they have great pride in their work and will not release a coach till it is perfect in their eyes. They go through the complete coach performing a PDI that no customer or dealer could do as they know these coaches inside and out.

Just my .02

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Bill View Post
Having just completed repairs at the factory I can say that if I were given the choice between another coach or having mine fixed at the factory, I would send mine back every time. The work they do there will result in a better Than new coach every time. The factory has a certain amount of time to get these coaches built and not everything comes out right. I am not saying that this is right but that is just the way it is today. The techs at the service center are not rushed, they have great pride in their work and will not release a coach till it is perfect in their eyes. They go through the complete coach performing a PDI that no customer or dealer could do as they know these coaches inside and out.

Just my .02

Bill
Did Thor Motor Coach reimburse you for wear and tear on your unit with the added miles and your down time without the coach? (Tires, engine, fuel, etc) There has to be compensation somewhere to cover this. There are just too many gotchas in that process.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #93

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:

Did Thor Motor Coach reimburse you for wear and tear on your unit with the added miles and your down time without the coach? (Tires, engine, fuel, etc) There has to be compensation somewhere to cover this. There are just too many gotchas in that process.
They generally work with you. You just have to tell them what you want within reason. I've seen them bend over backwards to satisfy their customers, which I'm one that they have satisfied and went beyond what was required
Old 11-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #94

Quote:
Hey you gotta have some place to go anyway.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Well, unfortunately it does not work that way for me. I work a full time job and cannot take off work to go have something that I just purchased brand new (because I did not want to go through all this hassle) repaired. We only intended to use the Palazzo on short weekend get-a-ways. The amount of miles it will take to get my unit up to Elkhart and back will be like putting years on my RV. Thor, are u reading my comments??? Us hard working non-retired folks make up the very existence why you are still in business.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post

I didn't get reimbursed for fuel or wear and tear (normal use), one because I didn't ask for it, and I was on the road anyway. What they did do for me was upgrade my sofa with one containing a bed. I thought my sofa had a bed because the first coach I test drove had one and the one we bought didn't, and er didn't know it. They also repaired my countertops that were scratched while at the dealer. I don't know where you live, but I'm sure besides being without your coach for a short period you will be satisfied with the repairs. Ask for some other compensation if it is that important to you. Good luck, I hope you get what you want and can enjoy your coach.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #97

leatherneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Well, it looks like the Palazzo Slide Gremlins got us again!! Calling THOR in the morning! It is Hurricane Season around here and if we had to evacuate in a hurry we would be up the proverbial creek!! UGGGGGGG!!!!
I have a 2013 thor palazzo ad the dealer replace the slide. Thor knows they have a problem. Try you dealer first for help. My is fix and working good.
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #98

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post

I have a 2013 thor palazzo ad the dealer replace the slide. Thor knows they have a problem. Try you dealer first for help. My is fix and working good.
Her leatherneck where did you take it? I'm heading back to Elkhart end of March

Tags
slide