Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #393

X2--I also had this issue. The fourth time my system was rebuilt, the Thor tech found the issue and added the extension plates on two of my slide plates. I think they got parts out of the wrong bin at the factory. Since then,(almost 19 months) with the triple track upgrade, the only problem was that a couple of the screws in the added plates came loose, one all the way out and almost stopped the roller under the slide. Since then I check screw tightness on these plates. I also added a couple more screws on each.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
X2--I also had this issue. The fourth time my system was rebuilt, the Thor tech found the issue and added the extension plates on two of my slide plates. I think they got parts out of the wrong bin at the factory. Since then,(almost 19 months) with the triple track upgrade, the only problem was that a couple of the screws in the added plates came loose, one all the way out and almost stopped the roller under the slide. Since then I check screw tightness on these plates. I also added a couple more screws on each.
Is knowledge like this that makes this thread and IRV2 such a must to watch and read. Good info
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:48 AM   #395
MKM

Here's another big thanks to Mark Stanley.

After almost 3 years of ownership with never a hint of a problem, our large slide stopped working. Thor's response was beyond expectations.

After a week long trip to Yosemite the last week of May, I was getting things ready for our big trip to Glacier and Banff. It was Sunday, June 19 that my slide problem occurred. After finding Mark's contact info here, I sent him an email. We were planning to leave in 11 days, on June 30. Mark replied first thing Monday morning. He said he would ship the parts to my house to arrive by the end of the week. Their Phoenix based tech, Craig, was in California all week but would do the repair at my house the following Monday.

On Friday, the shipping company showed the parts not arriving until Monday. Then Monday, the tracking still did not show them out for delivery so I called them. It was a trucking company and apparently they lost the package and now showed it wouldn't arrive until Friday, July 1, at the earliest. Not good. I called Mark and he also had been trying to find to package. He said it was too late to get something out that day and would see what he could do. He knew we were leaving Thursday morning.

I did not hear from Mark on Tuesday. Our family decided we would go anyway even if the slide wouldn't extend and make the best of it.

I got a text from Mark early Wednesday morning to give him a call ASAP. When I did, I couldn't believe what he said. He had overnight end the parts UPS and they should here by 9 am. Craig was on a flight from California and should be at my house around the same time. Wow! He asked if I had a few items Craig would need to help with the repair which I did. The parts showed up as well as Craig.

Craig was a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and over 30 years experience. He said he does about one slide repair/upgrade a week. He also said he has never had to repair a triple track upgrade that has been done. After 6 hours of work in the desert heat, the new system was installed. I do a lot of small repairs and mods myself and Craig provided numerous tips and ideas

We have used it now quite a bit with no issues but two noticeable differences. The slide is now extremely quiet during operation. But the big one is this. I have been chasing a very annoying sequel noise from the wall next to me while driving. I thought it was related to the bunk rail system and have tried several adjustments. It must have been the support for the big slide because now our Palazzo is as quite as ever while driving. We could not believe the difference.

Many will say Thor should be taking care of these out of warranty slide issues with the early models and I agree. But I think Mark went way beyond what should be expected of any manufacturer in what he did for us.
MKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM View Post
Here's another big thanks to Mark Stanley.

After almost 3 years of ownership with never a hint of a problem, our large slide stopped working. Thor's response was beyond expectations.

After a week long trip to Yosemite the last week of May, I was getting things ready for our big trip to Glacier and Banff. It was Sunday, June 19 that my slide problem occurred. After finding Mark's contact info here, I sent him an email. We were planning to leave in 11 days, on June 30. Mark replied first thing Monday morning. He said he would ship the parts to my house to arrive by the end of the week. Their Phoenix based tech, Craig, was in California all week but would do the repair at my house the following Monday.

On Friday, the shipping company showed the parts not arriving until Monday. Then Monday, the tracking still did not show them out for delivery so I called them. It was a trucking company and apparently they lost the package and now showed it wouldn't arrive until Friday, July 1, at the earliest. Not good. I called Mark and he also had been trying to find to package. He said it was too late to get something out that day and would see what he could do. He knew we were leaving Thursday morning.

I did not hear from Mark on Tuesday. Our family decided we would go anyway even if the slide wouldn't extend and make the best of it.

I got a text from Mark early Wednesday morning to give him a call ASAP. When I did, I couldn't believe what he said. He had overnight end the parts UPS and they should here by 9 am. Craig was on a flight from California and should be at my house around the same time. Wow! He asked if I had a few items Craig would need to help with the repair which I did. The parts showed up as well as Craig.

Craig was a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and over 30 years experience. He said he does about one slide repair/upgrade a week. He also said he has never had to repair a triple track upgrade that has been done. After 6 hours of work in the desert heat, the new system was installed. I do a lot of small repairs and mods myself and Craig provided numerous tips and ideas

We have used it now quite a bit with no issues but two noticeable differences. The slide is now extremely quiet during operation. But the big one is this. I have been chasing a very annoying sequel noise from the wall next to me while driving. I thought it was related to the bunk rail system and have tried several adjustments. It must have been the support for the big slide because now our Palazzo is as quite as ever while driving. We could not believe the difference.

Many will say Thor should be taking care of these out of warranty slide issues with the early models and I agree. But I think Mark went way beyond what should be expected of any manufacturer in what he did for us.
Awesome!... Our two track setup has been pretty good, but Its good to know that there is an upgrade when needed. Glad you are on your way and Thor seems to be doing the right thing.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #397

wow, that is fantastic customer service! Really above and beyond imo. You hear so many negative things about Thor on the internet, it is nice to hear some positives as well
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #398
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update and one of the few positive posts about service.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #399
MKM

New Triple Track Schwintek System

I'll also add that although Craig may be somewhat biased, being employed by Thor, he could not say enough good things about the department he works in. He has worked for several manufacturers and said Thor, by far, will spare no expense when it comes to getting units repaired. When he, or other techs, tell them what is needed, it gets done with no questions asked. He also said that Mark, who is also an experienced tech, will never ask you to do something he's not willing to do himself.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #400
MKM

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468354917.932083.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	132833

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468354945.414154.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	132834
Old 07-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #401

Thor also replaced our rear Column and lower rail on the rear of our main FWS back in January.
Because we were in CA at the time of the work, they approved to have a mobile tech come out and install it there, but I was not confident that it could be done at a State Park where we were for a while, and not really confident that a Mobile tech could handle this on his own.

We opted to wait and have it done at the Wakarusa service center in Mid February. Other than 1/2ft of snow and ice, and below freezing weather, the service guys took care of it, and several other items, all in a single day.

No problems since. Thanks Thor : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #402

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Thank you for the update and one of the few positive posts about service.
Actually, we hear many positive posts on Thor service.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #403

I think THOR is awesome
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #404

Fleetwood Owners Club
Craig is a wonderful tech and a true asset to Thor. He has been to my storage location to fix a few problems for me. Thor is truly a customer service oriented company. I can't say enough good things about them and about Craig!!!!
Bosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:15 AM   #405

I join this website yesterday to share my problems with the Schwintek triple track system on my 2015 Thor Ace 30.2 (23' slideout). When Thor mounted the interior steel mounting plates, a screw on the top plates hit one of the pinion gear drive blocks, locking it to the vertical housing so it no longer could float on its gibs as designed.

The slideout functioned fine but it developed an annoying knocking sound right behind my head. It was the hexagonal drive shaft rattling because it had worn open the hole it sits in.

Last night I wrote down what I did to fix this but the document grew too large to post here. A site moderator recommended posting this shorter message and offering to send the full document to anyone interested. He said people could contact me with a "private message"?

My fix probably won't help many people. I'm a mechanical engineer with a machine shop at my house.

I just want to recommend people to inspect for a screw on the interior mounting plate that is 1.78" above to .38" below the rivet that secures the plastic gib to the vertical housing of the slide mechanism. Unfortunately on my RV you can't see this rivet until you remove the mounting plate.
JohnCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #406

Thor Owners Club
Hello All,

I am an owner of a 2013 Palazzon 33.2 purchased only 5 months ago. On a trip last week I got to my destination and the large slide would not move out. There was a technition at the KOA and he said the shear pin broke on upper right side motor. I have warranty but I am going to take your advice and call Thor to see if they can put a little extra into it since the warranty should cover the expence of the repair.

One thing the Technition said is that my unit had the smaller motor in it and he thought there was a recall on that design. Are any of you aware of this recall he is referring to?

Also, anyone know of a good contact at Thor to call for service?

Thanks,
Marc
TRAVLTYME is offline   Reply With Quote