Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
I personally think the only thing that would start Thor in the direction of say a recall and upgrade of the slide system would be a class action suit. It may be time to lawyer up on this issue.
I think first we need a huge presence here. Not enough people have spoke up. Every '13 & '14 Palazzo owner who have added their name to the list of Palazzo owners on this site need to speak up. If those who think it will be alright, those who don't want to get involved or those who say they don't have any problems are doing themselves a huge dis-credit.

I want to say something else about the (lawyer up Idea). Let me tell y'all something, Thor Motor Coach replaced my Palazzo 2 times.(That was only becuse there were so many problems and mistakes made by Camping World in the beginning) Will they replace it again, probably not. There were no lawyers involved. I'm telling you folks. Speak up and be heard. That will be the best way to get Thor Motor Coach to do what's right. [Moderator Edit]
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #30

Palazzoblues I'm getting ready to have my slide fixed at Camping World and because I'm familiar with your story I am very nervous. Just thought I'd share that with you.

As far as organizing and speaking up in order to get a recall, that is probably a better route to go for all involved (Thor and 2013/2014 Thor customers) but would require some effort on our part. I think this forum is a great place to start something like that but I agree we would need as many people as possible and therefore it might be prudent to include other forums, facebook pages etc. to garner support.

That being said maybe we should start with a poll of all Palazzo owners to find out how many have actually experienced slide failure, how many are worried about slide failure and how many are convinced it's not a problem at all. I think a poll like this would get people thinking about it and provide us with some data to present to Thor.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #31

I am just speculating but I would assume that Thor gave Lippert the specs of the slide that they needed to move and Lippert told Thor engineering that their system would handle it. Thor was probably all over Lippert with the numerous failures and Lippert came up with the fix of high torque motors, steel shafts and beefier rollers. That doesn't seem to be working either. With the track record that Lippert engineering dept. has so far I am not convinced that the third track is going to work either.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #32

On Second thought maybe a class action is the best coarse.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
I am just speculating but I would assume that Thor gave Lippert the specs of the slide that they needed to move and Lippert told Thor engineering that their system would handle it. Thor was probably all over Lippert with the numerous failures and Lippert came up with the fix of high torque motors, steel shafts and beefier rollers. That doesn't seem to be working either. With the track record that Lippert engineering dept. has so far I am not convinced that the third track is going to work either.
The third track is not new, I have seen it before on another RV manufacturer. Somewhere between Lippert and Thor engineering they got it wrong on the longer, heavier slides!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
My Two Cents

I have an early 2014 33.2. We did not order the washer dryer, the drop down bed or the outside TV as my lovely wife did not want them. I have had problems with the propane regulator, hydraulic hose, generator, vacuum pump, doors and drawers, caulking, delaminating veneer, wrong size middle cushion for the dinette, bedroom slide not sealing on one corner, etc., etc......

I have not had any problems to date with the large slide. I did, however, take it to my dealer any (CW) and had them install (under warranty) the upgraded components. I still haven't had any problems with the slide, BUT, I cross my fingers every time I touch the that slide button.

I am currently on my way to Elkhart to have them check the dealer's upgrade of the slide components as well as to fix the material that covers the slot for the water and drain plumbing. There are a number of other relatively minor issues that I am having Thor fix also. (Did I mention that my leveling jacks will no longer retract automatically?)

Given all the above information, I feel very fortunate that I haven't had problems with the large slide. I do commiserate with those of you who have had issues and agree that Thor should step up and fix the problem.

Put me on the list as one owner who will always worry about the slide failing.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #35

See if the triple track can be put on the 13 & 14 units. While you are talking to them at the factory Thanks

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
l believe you have the sequence right. When I was at the Elkhart service facility recently they told me that Lippert paid for the slide repairs so it is in Lippert's interest to have less problems. It hits their pocketbook directly not to mention future sales. I believe that Thor will never recall our Palazzos and install a triple track. Many units have no problems so far and that will be used as a reason not to recall.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #37

Key word is no problem so far?? My bet is they will be problems unless a proper fix is applied. I feel the fixes so far are just patches to get us further down the road !!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #38

There are a lot of us that have had problem with the large slide and there will be many more. We have a one year warranty and then it's on use. I really can't see any one not wanting to have this corrected. Thor and Lippert own this problem.

Gary
Garyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #39

So far I am glad I purchased the 5 year extended warranty. They are replacing one of my leveling jacks due to leaky seal off the extended warranty now. So if my slide fails, they will get to fix that as well.

2013 palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
I have an early 2014 33.2. We did not order the washer dryer, the drop down bed or the outside TV as my lovely wife did not want them. I have had problems with the propane regulator, hydraulic hose, generator, vacuum pump, doors and drawers, caulking, delaminating veneer, wrong size middle cushion for the dinette, bedroom slide not sealing on one corner, etc., etc......

.....I am currently on my way to Elkhart to have them check the dealer's upgrade of the slide components as well as to fix the material that covers the slot for the water .

Wow. Just Wow. It is inexcusable in a new six-figure coach. Incredible.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Where or who did you purchase Warranty From?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
So far I am glad I purchased the 5 year extended warranty. They are replacing one of my leveling jacks due to leaky seal off the extended warranty now. So if my slide fails, they will get to fix that as well.
Where or who did you purchase the extended Warranty From? What did that cost and what is the deductable per each incident?

Thanks!
Don K
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #42

if it is a dealer warranty, I hope they are a good dealer... My local dealers just dont know enough about RV's... what a crazy industry.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote