Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Palazzo 33.3 "Park Friendly"

I was looking at the Thor floor plans for the Palazzo 33.2 and 33.4. The first bulleted statement says -"Compact 34 Ft. Diesel Pusher Motorhomes
(State & National Park Friendly)
" I do not see the statement "(State & National Park Friendly)" on other Thor RV floor plans.

Does anyone know what the statement "(State & National Park Friendly)" means? Why is the statement not on the Palazzo 33.3 floorplan or other floorplans?

starka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is stated because some regional parks have RV length limits...this varies from county/region/State.
Aimed at the 35' limit parks. But obviously would not apply to those parks that have a 24' limit.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
"I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance", S.Coleridge 1797
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:19 AM   #3

OK -but the Palazzo 33.3 Bunkhouse is the same length as the 33.2 and 33.4. Also the 33.3 has the same measurements and weights but the floor plan does not say "(State & National Park Friendly)". Is there something about the Palazzo 33.2 and 33.4 that make them more Park friendly?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You got me there...great catch
https://thormotorcoach.com/palazzo/floorplans/
Of those that are reported to be under the 35' Nat'l Park limit (not a uniform limit), I see the remark on the 33.2 and 33.4...but not the bunkhouse 33.3.

Probably just a typo, because all 3 are listed at 34'9".
Also, the typical Diesel Pusher owner might not think they can use "less improved" campsites. The Palazzo line manager (all the lines are assigned to an executive/manager within the company) probably wants to invite Palazzo owners to think about their options with this statement. The Palazzo line is an entry level DP, but they are beautiful and very versatile.

I have contacted TMC about errors on the website, and they have made corrections...plus, we strongly believe the factory checks iRV2 for customer feedback. So say Hi!

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
"I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance", S.Coleridge 1797
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went with a Miramar 33.5 for similar reasons: for MOST of the national parks we researched, less than 35' seemed to be a magic number.

From reading posts and talking to other RVers, seems it's a combination of either the size of the sites, the access roads or perhaps both.

Good luck with everything!
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #6

Palazzo 33.3

Thanks for the responses to my inquiry. I've been researching state and national parks and understand the 35' limit. I just wondered if there was more to it than promo. BTW, it's good promo because it certainly swayed me toward the Palazzo but I'm not there yet. You might see a lot more of me during the next 18 months and then I'll be on my way.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #7

Palazzo 33.3 "Park Friendly"

I'd be very careful with any promo any dealer or manufacturer put out. Kinda like salesmen sometimes.

Now I would research any coach I was looking at very carefully here on this site and a few other sites. Lots of great info out here on the web.

Although they say if you saw it on the web it has to be true?? You might question that too !

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:18 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
National Parks

Not clear how often they update all the marketing materials so that might be a factor in why just Palazzo.

Also, I found a thread about size of MHs for sale. Some suggested that for a MH the size of a palazzo, the national parks are potential consideration.

All in all, seems like a way for Thor or the dealer to find a benefit for that particular size.
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #9

Thank you

Thank you for all the information. We are looking at Class A diesels or gas and would like to visit state and national parks. We heard about the 35 foot limit and noticed the Thor Palazzo 33.2 and 33.4 were the only RV's that indicated "State and National Park Friendly". We were wondering if there were other restrictions besides length. We have asked RV sales people as well as RV sales managers but they all said they had never heard of such a restriction. This forum is great.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #10

Smile ...no problem

Doheny State Beach campground
DanaPoint CA
Attached Images

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:20 AM   #11

Nice

Nice RV, Nice Campground. Thanks for the post.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by starka View Post
Thank you for all the information. We are looking at Class A diesels or gas and would like to visit state and national parks. We heard about the 35 foot limit and noticed the Thor Palazzo 33.2 and 33.4 were the only RV's that indicated "State and National Park Friendly". We were wondering if there were other restrictions besides length. We have asked RV sales people as well as RV sales managers but they all said they had never heard of such a restriction. This forum is great.

I m not too concerned about the 35' limit. We now have a 40' coach and never worry about that 35'. We have stayed in many state parks with this 40' coach. I don't think we have stayed in any National parks but have driven thru several.

As to the Palazzo I would recommend you look at the Forest River Legacy. It is an almost identical floor plan and better built in my opinion.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #13

Exactly
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #14

most 'campgrounds' have more room than you may be lead to believe - sometimes their websites even show 'max lengths' but do not really tell you the true depth of the backin or pullthru - and some will state such as '30' max' but will then also show a site depth of '65'... which is plenty of room, even with a tow vehicle.
I don't know that we've ever left a park or campground due to a length issue - maybe moved to a longer site, but never left.
If I ever run into a possible question of site size, I use google maps overview. Many times it will even show rv's parked in sites - you can even get an idea of the length of the sites by the size of the units there. If two ac's on the roof, then probably at least a 30-35' coach or fifthwheel.
I dont like reservation sites, especially state parks, that mandate a certain site at time of reservation, especially if you've never seen the campgrounds. Admittedly, I will input my rig as 30' just so that I'm not locked out of potential sites that will certainly provide enough room, but their system would not show it otherwise. If I get there and find a problem, it usually can be worked out, though I've yet to have this happen to us.

Don't sweat it - it's a learning experience for everyone - and it gets easier with time.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote