Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #1

Palazzo owners... do you have this?

ME-BMK Battery Monitor Kit

It attaches to your ME-RC50 Remote Control so you can monitor your batteries.

Apparently, the autostart is also another option the the Magnum inverter uses... the more I read about this inverter/charger... the more Im impressed.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Never seen it before. Where does it connect and where do you get it?

What I would really like to see is a load monitor like what is show in the manual but we do not have.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

i went to an RV show a couple of weeks ago and played around with the me-rc50 and its' menus... when i pressed the meter button, some battery information came up, volts, amps, soc, float...etc. I thought, cool... nice option. Then I looked on the net and saw that the magnum inverter/charger uses the devices I mentioned above to communicate to each. In fact, it also communicates to the auto generator start based on the info picked by these devices... since the meter optioned worked on the me-rc50, i assume that the battery monitor kit is attached somewhere in the rig (maybe in the battery compartment area... i dont have a Palazzo to look at... but I did order one today.

whats cool about this device is that you can monitor how much electricity you use up and reset it anytime you want... perfect for trying to size a solar charging system.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
i went to an RV show a couple of weeks ago and played around with the me-rc50 and its' menus... when i pressed the meter button, some battery information came up, volts, amps, soc, float...etc. I thought, cool... nice option. Then I looked on the net and saw that the magnum inverter/charger uses the devices I mentioned above to communicate to each. In fact, it also communicates to the auto generator start based on the info picked by these devices... since the meter optioned worked on the me-rc50, i assume that the battery monitor kit is attached somewhere in the rig (maybe in the battery compartment area... i dont have a Palazzo to look at... but I did order one today.
Best wishes with your Palazzo. Which model did you order?

The Magnum controller is over the door. It does show voltage and current charge but I don't see load information .
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #5

here is the manual... look at page 13. It is a resettable amp hour run time. rah out. We got the 33.3 silverleaf... good deal with camping world here in NJ, Lakewood.

http://www.magnumenergy.com/Literatu...20(ME-BMK).pdf
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #6

Quote:
ME-BMK Battery Monitor Kit

It attaches to your ME-RC50 Remote Control so you can monitor your batteries.

Apparently, the autostart is also another option the the Magnum inverter uses... the more I read about this inverter/charger... the more Im impressed.
We have this control panel and it is located in the cabinet above the entry door. It controls the inverter, auto-start generator, auto-start A/C, etc. It would appear that it may be an option because others do not have it installed from the factory...
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the new Palazzo. I'm sticking with gas until we retire then I think diesel with an air ride will be in order

I've owned three Thor products so far and found them all to be a great product for a great price. I've been using Lakewood CW for four years and have found them to be a great place to deal with.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
We have this control panel and it is located in the cabinet above the entry door. It controls the inverter, auto-start generator, auto-start A/C, etc. It would appear that it may be an option because others do not have it installed from the factory...
I cant imagine it to be an option... it should be standard, since there are few options to get on the Palazzo... overhead bed, outside tv, front mask. Thats it... thevrest are int/ext colors, but i may be wrong. If mine doesnt cpme with one, its def gonna get one.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #9

Redridge: I've been reading my ME-RC owner manual since u brought it up---I'm glad it is interesting to you. I very technology challenged an it only confuses me. Study it well and when I have a problem I get with you. Thanks. Russell. Ha
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #10

no problem... Im an instrumentation and control engineer so this stuff is right up my alley... I will create a thread of my technology findings of the Palazzo and keep you guys posted... to me its not complicated and really appreciate the tech behind this motorhome. But the prob is even though I know the individual components and how it ties with each other... Im still an RV newbie, my first RV.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #11

May work great. I can explain how to dump gray & black tanks. You explain the inverter. Ha
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #12

its a deal then...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Please do..............
That's one thing I need extra help with.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #14

Quote:
I cant imagine it to be an option... it should be standard, since there are few options to get on the Palazzo... overhead bed, outside tv, front mask. Thats it... thevrest are int/ext colors, but i may be wrong. If mine doesnt cpme with one, its def gonna get one.
I only suggested that it may be an option because some people did not know what it was or where it was located. My coach was a RV show model and it had all available options, some of which I would not of paid for if I ordered direct from Thor, i.e. outside TV.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote