Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
I unloaded my piece of crap 2014 Palazzo 36.1 this weekend because of all the problems with the large slide (and many other issues too). It has been into the dealer on several occasions for problems with the large slide. About 8 months ago, the dealer installed the triple track. Then, in November, 2015, while retracting the slide, it stopped about 4" from the complete retraction. Was able to use the controller to override and get the slide in. Tried process again, same issue. Took it BACK to dealer. They had the coach 3 weeks (again). Dealer replaced both motors with the upgraded ones, replaced the controller in the compartment, and made some roller adjustments. Picked up coach on Wednesday, opened slide 1 time...went to retract, it stopped 10" from being fully retracted. Ended up having to completely remove the rear (brand new) motor and call all the strong men in the neighborhood to assist me in manually pushing the extremely heavy slide in! What a nightmare! There have also been MANY other issues with this coach since day 1 of purchase! Thor has extremely poor quality control! If you're looking to purchase one of these coaches, I suggest you RUN the other direction! You will regret buying it! After all these problems, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough!

Been there done most of the above ---what did you trade for ??

Russell

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #44

Why would you take your coach to a dealer. No wonder folks have problems. Take it to the MFG

StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #45

JBird,
Wow That is terrible about your Palazzo. It's sure not what we want to hear when we are getting ready to upgrade to the triple track system on our own dime due to our two track slide failing on our 2014 33.2. After reading about all of the Palazzo slide failures and speaking to other Palazzo owners with slide failures we are a bit panicked there is no long term fix for this slide problem. We can't just get rid of our Palazzo. We put a substantial amount of $$ down when we purchased this motorhome a few months ago. As soon as you leave the dealer it already loses value. Who do you even sell it too with most dealers and others aware of the large slide problem? Are there buyers out there for these coaches? What would the new buyer do to fix the problem?
We actually love the look and floorplan of the 33.2. We bought this coach after retiring and want to travel the country. It has not worked out so great yet but we keep hoping. We just want ours fixed so we can enjoy it. Did you buy a new coach?
Old 01-12-2016, 09:02 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafury9 View Post
JBird,

Wow That is terrible about your Palazzo. It's sure not what we want to hear when we are getting ready to upgrade to the triple track system on our own dime due to our two track slide failing on our 2014 33.2. After reading about all of the Palazzo slide failures and speaking to other Palazzo owners with slide failures we are a bit panicked there is no long term fix for this slide problem. We can't just get rid of our Palazzo. We put a substantial amount of $$ down when we purchased this motorhome a few months ago. As soon as you leave the dealer it already loses value. Who do you even sell it too with most dealers and others aware of the large slide problem? Are there buyers out there for these coaches? What would the new buyer do to fix the problem?

We actually love the look and floorplan of the 33.2. We bought this coach after retiring and want to travel the country. It has not worked out so great yet but we keep hoping. We just want ours fixed so we can enjoy it. Did you buy a new coach?

Suggest you contact Thor and arrange to take your coach to them you will not regret it they took care of my slide out.
Last but not the least as the saying goes Trust but verify what people has to say about this product.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I unloaded my piece of crap 2014 Palazzo 36.1 this weekend because of all the problems with the large slide (and many other issues too). It has been into the dealer on several occasions for problems with the large slide. About 8 months ago, the dealer installed the triple track. Then, in November, 2015, while retracting the slide, it stopped about 4" from the complete retraction. Was able to use the controller to override and get the slide in. Tried process again, same issue. Took it BACK to dealer. They had the coach 3 weeks (again). Dealer replaced both motors with the upgraded ones, replaced the controller in the compartment, and made some roller adjustments. Picked up coach on Wednesday, opened slide 1 time...went to retract, it stopped 10" from being fully retracted. Ended up having to completely remove the rear (brand new) motor and call all the strong men in the neighborhood to assist me in manually pushing the extremely heavy slide in! What a nightmare! There have also been MANY other issues with this coach since day 1 of purchase! Thor has extremely poor quality control! If you're looking to purchase one of these coaches, I suggest you RUN the other direction! You will regret buying it! After all these problems, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough!

Wow, what a mess.

Sorry for your THOR problems. Hope all goes well from now on .
Old 01-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
I traded the Palazzo in on a 2015 Forest River Berkshire XL 40RB and I'm hoping for the best! I know ALL manufacturers have some issues, but hoping slide problems won't be one of them with this new coach since they are hydraulic. I can deal with the small stuff.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #49

Palazzo triple track failures?

Quote:
I traded the Palazzo in on a 2015 Forest River Berkshire XL 40RB and I'm hoping for the best! I know ALL manufacturers have some issues, but hoping slide problems won't be one of them with this new coach since they are hydraulic. I can deal with the small stuff.

Same here traded for a 2014 Berkshire. 390 FL

I saw no way these slide issues would be corrected so I took my loss and traded too. (Much happier now) Some say the 3-Trac will fix it. I think not. Maybe if total slide box and rollers are redone too.

I ve had my FR Berkshire 16 months just one issue. The frig quit?? Whirlpool sent tech to my location and installed new compressor. Not so fond of the on demand water heater but we have learned how to live with it.

I for one will never own another coach with a full wall slide. Just too much weight and mass to move. Just my opinion!!

Russell
Old 01-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #50

Ducks yet,
We contacted Thor and after many weeks got a response from them, but unfortunately they are not interested in helping us because they said our coach is out of warranty. The only thing they offered was the phone number for Total RV's parts department. Our Palazzo is a 2014. We bought it with only 7300 miles on it in May 2015. Who would have thought that we would have to sink several thousand dollars into a pretty new coach with such low miles on it. Frustrating for sure.