Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Now that's pretty funny, why don't you look at my earlier posts when I was buying one and saying the slide issue was no big deal, until I realized it was.

Then I started looking at other brands, the Legacy, Excursion and Tiffin.

So you're way off base.

Don't shoot the messenger not bashing at all, just discussing, if U care not to discuss

You need not read my posts so then you will not not get so tired !!!!!
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
Now that's pretty funny, why don't you look at my earlier posts when I was buying one and saying the slide issue was no big deal, until I realized it was.

Then I started looking at other brands, the Legacy, Excursion and Tiffin.

So you're way off base.

Don't shoot the messenger not bashing at all, just discussing, if U care not to discuss

You need not read my posts so then you will not not get so tired !!!!!
Messenger...we got you message loud and clear, you do not like the Palazzo because some are having slide problems. I feel sorry of those who have had slide problems but I do not rub their nose in it by touting some other model RV. There have been a large number of posts about the slide therefore anyone looking at the Palazzo would understand that some owners have had problems and Thor has stood by these owners to get things fixed. Do you think you are making things better buy your continued criticism of the Palazzo and your promotion of some other model?
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Now that's pretty funny, why don't you look at my earlier posts when I was buying one and saying the slide issue was no big deal, until I realized it was. Then I started looking at other brands, the Legacy, Excursion and Tiffin. So you're way off base. Don't shoot the messenger not bashing at all, just discussing, if U care not to discuss You need not read my posts so then you will not not get so tired !!!!!
You are welcome to start a new thread so those of us subscribed to this one are not bothered by notifications of your off topic posts. I have no problem with your comments but prefer them posted in an appropriately titled thread.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
You are welcome to start a new thread so those of us subscribed to this one are not bothered by notifications of your off topic posts. I have no problem with your comments but prefer them posted in an appropriately titled thread.
X2, agreed!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #19

Quote:
I don't see how you can compare the bunk 3845 which is 4' longer, bigger engine and chassis to the Palazzo bunk model. I saw your other post that it is $40,000 more...not really about $25-30 msrp so take the discount off that and it's more like $20, but it's not apples to apples in size.

Of course you left out a few important differences quality of build no slide issues with their own design. In fact they built the very first slide in the industry.

Customizable to about what ever you want.

Most important is the comfort steer system standard, the only other make is Newell that include that system.

The options you mention

res fridge $3200 with batteries % pure sine wave 2000 watt inverter
mcd $1000
dual pane not sure but about $500 but with newmar being insulated better do you need them.
Led is $475 for over 40 of them in the 36' model

So there's about $5000 less 28% discount or about $3,500 net cost.

I think you can get a Newmar 3845 for about $170K

But what will the resale value be on each down the road, time will tell.

I still consider the Palazzo a great buy but the Newmar may just be better for some.

I think a test drive in strong winds or a blowout with that steering system may make all the difference.

I drove another demo yesterday, it was two fingers on the wheel self centering like a good car, two semi's passed one real fast didn't feel them at all.

A final point is that when first looking at an entry level DP I always assumed Newmar was way above my budget only to find it is competitive.

Off topic, but, here is the quick scoop on the Newmar 3845. It is a $236K base plus the options mentioned to get "apples to apples" with the Thor or about $175K discounted which is right with the Berkshire 390BH. So, it is more, quite a bit more. If you can afford that, go for it. I purposely chose the Palazzo because I liked it better than what I saw from Newmar, Tiffin and Forest River since it had more of a contemporary interior and external design. I have put 10,000 miles on my coach this summer and drive it with a single hand all the time, towing my car even side winds and passing semis. Tire pressures are very important. And, did everyone who bought a Berkshire, Tiffin or Newmar make a mistake? No, they made a purposeful decision. Folks here chose the Palazzo for good reasons. Coming on to a Thor thread and citing the virtues of a competing product is effectively telling folks they made a bad decision. Ask questions about the Palazzo, get your information, make a decision and then join the brand specific forum for support, learning and fun!

As for the slides, I like the design of the Palazzo. Proprietary means expensive down the road for repairs. If Thor uses some common off the shelf components like the Schwintek system, it will mean better serviceability when it gets older. Maybe they did not execute correctly on the early models, but, that is a standard teething issue with first year releases. Happens in cars, as well. Never a pleasant experience when things go wrong but you have to give credit if the manufacturer backs up the product and addresses the problem.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Moderator Note: All off-topic discussion of the Palazzo vs Newmar LE 3436 has been moved from the "Slide Issues" thread to this separate thread.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #21

Evergreen Owners Club
[QUOTE=jimbo2013;1811103]

Having said that we may still buy the 33.2 if these problems are not reported on units built after August when the new upgrade on the slide equip was done.

I took deliverie of my 2014 33.3 AUg, 2nd and I have the new slide part's as I have NO problem's with either slide .
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #22

[QUOTE=mikebrls;1819658]
Quote:

Having said that we may still buy the 33.2 if these problems are not reported on units built after August when the new upgrade on the slide equip was done.

I took deliverie of my 2014 33.3 AUg, 2nd and I have the new slide part's as I have NO problem's with either slide .
Took delivery on my 2014 33.2 Aug, 23 and have had no slide issues.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
here is the quick scoop on the Newmar 3845. It is a $236K base plus the options mentioned to get "apples to apples" with the Thor or about $175K discounted. .
Well it's not $236 base, that's the Ventana not the Ventana LE
it's $211 base, the one I spec out is 216 or $152K net

A few $$ more than the Palazzo

[QUOTE=mikebrls;1819658]
Quote:
Yep but as of of few weeks ago there were still more problems being reported so we kept shopping.
Quote:
[QUOTE=Indy1951;1819737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

Took delivery on my 2014 33.2 Aug, 23 and have had no slide issues.
Yet!

I sincerely hope you don't have any problems and enjoy your coaches to fullest.

But one thing is for sure if you get your coach to Thor it will be fixed and that should give all the owners the piece of mind on your investment.

Enjoy
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Enjoy your Ventana. Let us know how it works out and where you are getting these amazing prices.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #25

Quote:

That was the MSRP price for a Ventana LE 3845 with TVs for bunks, windows for the bunks, dual pane, upgraded fridge (2000W inverter, extra house batteries), to get it to par with the 33.3. But, still would not have the outside TV, overhead bunk or more contemporary styling. I have seen them advertised for $189K (discounted) but I expect it would be more like $175K with a decent discount.

The Newmar is 4 feet longer, more HP and has the ability for a washer dryer, but, much like the Berkshire 390BH, the bedroom, bathroom, and bunk area is a bit cramped since that is sacrificed for the living area. After being in all of the them, open and closed, we chose the Palazzo. We liked the fact that there was counter top space in the bathroom, the range could be covered for additional counter space and we were trying to keep the length to about 35 feet.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #26

Now that the administrator split this thread off and I am not in the market for a new MH plus the very big fact I love my Palazzo I am unsubscribing from this thread.

Enjoy and Happy RVing!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I am beginning to think that you are a plant from Newmar to talk down the Palazzo.
That's pretty funny, but clearly you have not seem his past posts on the Thor thread, where he had been all in favor and even pushing the Palazzo. So, just like me, he's changed his mind after learning more about Newmar.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Every coach MFG can have problems as long as the MFG recognizes that fact they can be resolved.
To compare one MFG against another because of problems does not work.
It is necessary for owners to have a list of GOOD DEALERS to rely on to get their coach's in good working order to enjoy their coach.
I have post some post's to try and get those results.

Sticky for GOOD DEALERS.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote