Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Palazzo Windshield Wiper Replacement

I tried to add this to an old thread, but it was 597 days old and would not allow me. I just spent about the last three weeks trying to find a replacement for my passenger side windshield wiper blade. I called Thor and they told me that the wiper blades were distributed by Diesel Equipment and are Tru Vision. Looking at all the fit charts for numerous vendors, it appears the only Palazzo listed in the Tru Vision Chart is a 2013 with a wiper blade part number of TV8-32. (Actually listed under Damon) I called Tru Vision and the lady looked up in some book and told me the part number for a 2014 Palazzo is BA800JH, and is not a TV8-32. Being in Canada she was at a loss where I could purchase some. I hate to order them over the Internet , pay delivery because normally free delivery only applies to the lower 48 states, pay the duty and more than likely brokerage fees and then find out that they do not fit.
As mentioned earlier in the previous thread, others have used the Bosch Micro Edge 28 inch wipers. I located some Bosch Micro Edge wipers, but the J hook on my wiper arms were too wide for them. My J hook width is 12mm while the standard J hook width of wipers is 9mm. Retaining the existing clip does no good as it is also too wide to fit the Bosch wiper arms. I wonder if the earlier posters had 2013 Palazzo’s?
In the end I found Trico RV blades their part number 67-324. They are 32 inch blades and I retained the existing clip. The Trico spec books list the 2014 and 2015 Palazzo under Four Winds. I hope this info helps others in something, that should be so straight forward.
One interesting thing I found, if you google "BA800JH" you get a link to Newmar documentation with the schematics for the whole wiper assembly.

Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 04:12 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I downsized to a 29 inch long blade with the universal attachment after the same frustration of finding a replacment blade. Also, it only costs around $8.00 each! So far so good and no limiting of clear vision is noticed!

Don

Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:28 AM   #3

I ordered two 32" blade assemblies from Amazon about a week ago. They are sitting in the basement right now. I will try to install them later today, maybe they don't fit from what you said. They are J-hook but I had not considered the width of the J-hook.
On my previous RV I did downsize the blades with no adverse effect so was surprised to find these blades at a reasonable price.
I will post my installation results later today with the ordering info IF they fit! If they don't fit I will advise that also.
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #4

OK, I just installed the new windshield wiper blades on my 2013 Palazzo 33.1. They seemed to be an exact replacement of the ones on there, which I assume, but don't know for sure, were OEM.
I ordered them from Amazon and the listing is "TRU Vision 32-inch J-Hook Heavy Duty Wiper Blade Assembly" $41.09 for the pair with free shipping. The listing shows they are from Diesel Equipment Company but that is not on the packaging anywhere. It says Tru-Vision in Elkhart, IN and model # is TV8-32. They are 32 inches/800mm.
Interestingly the packaging on both had been opened by someone and then resealed. I inspected them carefully and found no damage or issues with them.
Hope this helps.
It should not be difficult to order from Amazon in Canada. Or Tru-Vision is a common wiper blade brand so you might try a local auto parts store too.
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I tried to add this to an old thread, but it was 597 days old and would not allow me. I just spent about the last three weeks trying to find a replacement for my passenger side windshield wiper blade. I called Thor and they told me that the wiper blades were distributed by Diesel Equipment and are Tru Vision. Looking at all the fit charts for numerous vendors, it appears the only Palazzo listed in the Tru Vision Chart is a 2013 with a wiper blade part number of TV8-32. (Actually listed under Damon) I called Tru Vision and the lady looked up in some book and told me the part number for a 2014 Palazzo is BA800JH, and is not a TV8-32. Being in Canada she was at a loss where I could purchase some. I hate to order them over the Internet , pay delivery because normally free delivery only applies to the lower 48 states, pay the duty and more than likely brokerage fees and then find out that they do not fit.
As mentioned earlier in the previous thread, others have used the Bosch Micro Edge 28 inch wipers. I located some Bosch Micro Edge wipers, but the J hook on my wiper arms were too wide for them. My J hook width is 12mm while the standard J hook width of wipers is 9mm. Retaining the existing clip does no good as it is also too wide to fit the Bosch wiper arms. I wonder if the earlier posters had 2013 Palazzo’s?
In the end I found Trico RV blades their part number 67-324. They are 32 inch blades and I retained the existing clip. The Trico spec books list the 2014 and 2015 Palazzo under Four Winds. I hope this info helps others in something, that should be so straight forward.
One interesting thing I found, if you google "BA800JH" you get a link to Newmar documentation with the schematics for the whole wiper assembly.
I purchased the Bosch 40728 28" blades as stated in a previous post and they did work perfect. About $12.00 each. You do have to keep the clip from the OEM blade and transfer it to the new blade. It is a 28" blade but it does a good job.
gramps2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:15 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
I downsized to a 29 inch long blade with the universal attachment after the same frustration of finding a replacment blade. Also, it only costs around $8.00 each! So far so good and no limiting of clear vision is noticed!

Don
Don, would you be so kind to tell us what make you downsized to? From the latest posts and the earlier thread it appears to me that 2013 Palazzo which came with the TV8-32 wipers have only a 9mm wide J hook and can use the Boch Micro Edge wiper. On my 2014 the 12mm wide J hook is too wide, thus have to use the Trico or the Tru Vision BA800JH. My 2014 is a 2014.5 I wonder if Thor changed the wiper assembly for the last half of the production year?
Old 10-30-2015, 04:25 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
It should not be difficult to order from Amazon in Canada. Or Tru-Vision is a common wiper blade brand so you might try a local auto parts store too.
Thanks Bob. I did the whole auto parts store route here in Canada during my three weeks. Not one carries them. Amazon.ca would come up with US vendors, but again the BA800JH was the uncertain variable. When I go south this winter I will pickup a couple of spares at a more reasonable price.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:30 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
Don, would you be so kind to tell us what make you downsized to? From the latest posts and the earlier thread it appears to me that 2013 Palazzo which came with the TV8-32 wipers have only a 9mm wide J hook and can use the Boch Micro Edge wiper. On my 2014 the 12mm wide J hook is too wide, thus have to use the Trico or the Tru Vision BA800JH. My 2014 is a 2014.5 I wonder if Thor changed the wiper assembly for the last half of the production year?

Sorry I don't know if they changed arms or anything. I simply have the arm with the "J" end and walked into Walmart and looked for the longest wiper and read the back of package for the type of fitting that would work on my arm. I found the Bosch brand fit it correctly. I guess I lucked out as I did not measure the width of the arm at the "J" end. I am on the road now and do not have a tape measure that will measure in mm, but is just 7/16" in width.

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Don. If the Bosch fit it then it would be the 9mm which is the standard for any automotive.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement