Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Picked up 2018 33.2 DP Question service Light won’t shut off in generator compartmen

Hi Everyone

We picked up or MH on Abbotsford and driving across the U.S to home in Ontario
Staying at the FlyingJ which has been great.
couple things appreciate some help if you might know the answer
1. Does anyone know how much diesel the generator uses during the overnight while you’re sleeping period of 7 hours.
2. the service light on top of the compartment where the generator does not shut off there’s no switch on it.
3. The back of the coach passenger tire area is lower than the drivers side is that ok? We noticed this when we parked at flying j.
Dashboard at night while driving flickers off Every 18 seconds than comes back on
Thanks everyone we are in Utah leaving here this morning heading home on the I80
travel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2018, 06:27 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Another question for you all is what does the fault recycle in the hot water tank mean?
Old 11-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #3

Generator should only burn about a quarter of a gallon an hour.

I'm not at the coach right now, but I believe the light switch is on the backside of the light.

The back should be pretty even. Were you sure you were on level ground when you noticed it? The airbags will try to keep it fairly level. if ground sloped up to passenger side, it would mean the tires on that side would be up under the coach more.

"Fault recycle on hot water tank" - Where are you getting that? I don't recall ever seeing that.
vmyoung61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

Also - The generator won't run the fuel below 1/4 of a tank. It will shut off.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmyoung61 View Post
Generator should only burn about a quarter of a gallon an hour.

I'm not at the coach right now, but I believe the light switch is on the backside of the light.

The back should be pretty even. Were you sure you were on level ground when you noticed it? The airbags will try to keep it fairly level. if ground sloped up to passenger side, it would mean the tires on that side would be up under the coach more.

"Fault recycle on hot water tank" - Where are you getting that? I don't recall ever seeing that.

It says it on the wall panel to the right of the washroom door this is a 2018 palazzo
Maybe it’s not on earlier models??
Old 11-11-2018, 04:59 AM   #6

The switch for the light up in the front generator area was missing on many of the early 2018 builds, especially on the 33.3 models. I’m not sure about the 33.2 models. There’s a thread in this forum that many members wrote about. The fix was for the dealer to install a switch or to replace the light fixture with one with a built in switch like those in the storage bays. Some members just installed a switch themselves
auto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:37 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_man View Post
The switch for the light up in the front generator area was missing on many of the early 2018 builds, especially on the 33.3 models. I’m not sure about the 33.2 models. There’s a thread in this forum that many members wrote about. The fix was for the dealer to install a switch or to replace the light fixture with one with a built in switch like those in the storage bays. Some members just installed a switch themselves

Thank you.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel5 View Post
It says it on the wall panel to the right of the washroom door this is a 2018 palazzo
Maybe it’s not on earlier models??
You are correct. We don't have it.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Everyone

1. Does anyone know how much diesel the generator uses during the overnight while you’re sleeping period of 7 hours.
2. the service light on top of the compartment where the generator does not shut off there’s no switch on it.
3. The back of the coach passenger tire area is lower than the drivers side is that ok? We noticed this when we parked at flying j.
Dashboard at night while driving flickers off Every 18 seconds than comes back on
Thanks everyone we are in Utah leaving here this morning heading home on the I80
My 2018 came with a switch on the light in the generator compartment, just like the ones in the storage bays. I'm in Utah! Have a great trip
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Answers:
1. 1/2 gal per hour is my experience.

2. Is a factory issue, warranty will install one.
3. Did not notice this on mine. 2018 33.3
4 Software fix from freightliner. You can turn lights on and then start the engine to fix this in the meantime.
mountainpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, light, service