Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #15

We have been Rv ING over ten years without one the last Rv we bought the wife said I would like to try one. We had heard all the bad about them but had one friend that said she like hers wife thought it would help if we done nothing but towels. Just got back from three weeks on the road and don't know how many times she told me how surprise she was about how much she like having it. Get one happy wife happy life.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
My wife loves the stacked WD. She has said any new RV must have a washer and dryer.

Steve
Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #17

We would not be without a W/D or at least a combo. We even first bought a different floor plan than the one we really wanted to get the W/D hookup. Thankfully (or not $$) the floor plan we really wanted added the option a year later and we traded.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #18

My DW also loves the stacked W/D. As she is the expert, I defer to her. Besides, the laundry is beyond my skill set.

BTW. The reason you are not seeing posts about the 33.4 is that it is a new model. I think it will sell really well as the opposing slides will really open up the living space.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #19

Because I have hated laundromats my entire life, purchasing anything without at least a combo was absolutely out of the question
Our 1st used 5th wheel had a non vented combo. It worked just fine. Because it was in the lower half of a tall closet there was room for stackables and when it died it was cheaper to get stacks. That was 10 years ago. When we searched for our Monaco DP it was a requirement that my stackables had a home.
We actually gave up a bedroom slide for that space.
Did I tell you that I hate laundromats??????
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
One thing I really wanted was a washer/dryer in our rig. When we found our rig and it already had the w/d I was thrilled. When we take long vacations it's a dream to throw a load in, head out for the day and come back to clean laundry. It was also great not to come home to piles of laundry!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #21

No right or wrong on this one, and for sure we all may have different priorities, and that's just fine!

Our coach has the combo washer/dryer in one unit. It's fine for small loads, especially items you don't care about wrinkling. We can usually go 3-4 weeks very easily, getting by with doing small loads for socks, undergarments, T shirts, etc. This is allows us to decide when and where we want to go do a 'get it done' series of loads of cloths and sheets and towels out of the way. Don't like the look of a place, we don't use it.

Our coach had room to take out the counter and install a stacked unit in the same footprint. We elected not to. Instead we made deep cabinet storage above the countertop covering the washer/dryer combo. It's two shelves of linen and towel storage, and two shelves of miscellaneous clear storage boxes storage. (We loss our two 'junk drawers' when we replaced the Norcold 1200 with the Samsung, so very glad we have those two shelves where we now have moved junk drawers, to 'junk clear plastic storage boxes'!).

I suppose if we had a 42-45' coach, I might have gone ahead and put in the stacked washer and dryer, and do agree that would have been a nice feature to have. But, I look at our setup as a good compromise. We can do some of our wash as and when and where we want to, and then catch up and within 2 1/2 hours be done with the wash for 3-4 weeks.

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #22
YC1

Would not be without one full timing. We did not get the stackables which would be nice however the space over the washer/dryer combo allows for tons of storage.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #23

We love the washer dryer. We use it at least every other day when traveling
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
The person doing the wash is the only opinion you need to consider.
Ha ha ha... the DW is the one do the wash... but I have to carry the load, the soap, the quarters, etc. Would that count?
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
...Keeping a ready supply of quarters on hand, or,
buying a different "laundry card" at the latest campground, because this one uses different cards from the 5 others which you have that still have $20+ on them from OTHER campground laundromats...
You are right... Being there, done that and I still have a $10+ on the card that not sure when I will be using that again...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
We had the 5er plumbed for a washer/dryer. Janet decided that she preferred not having them installed. Coach came with them. Now that we have them we would be very reluctant to go to not having them. Convenience = priceless.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
The person doing the wash is the only opinion you need to consider.

X3
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #28

Wife absolutely insisted our RV had several items- generator, automatic levelers, and a stacked washer & dryer. Our Palazzo had it all. We have only used a laundromat for large, bulky items. SHE is happy, and that's all that matters!

2014 Thor Palazzo 35.1
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote