Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #1

Rattle in the Convection Oven area - 33.2, 2014

I have a really obnoxious rattle in the Convection oven area when going down the road. Sounds like lightweight metal on metal hitting.

Anybody else experience this? And, do you know of a fix?

Thanks,
Dave
DMBanwarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #2

Could it be oven parts or contents that are a normal part of the oven that are moving and causing the noise ?

I remove everything but the glass turntable. I wrap the glass turntable with a large enough towel to completely encase it. In addition, you could use a large piece of packaging material to pack it tight and stabilize it so there is no movement whatsoever. I find just the towel works for us.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
PGD

Is there an exhaust fan built into the convection oven or right above it? There is usually a flap on the outside covering the the opening that can flap around in a wind.
PGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A screw has fallen out? Some other post on Palazzos have spoken of screws not done correctly.

Good luck
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #5

Well, for starters when I am traveling, I put some of that rubber shelf liner material under the turntable and under the rack that sits on top of it. I suspect you have eliminated that source as well.

On mine, I found there was a contact point at the lower back edge of the oven and the mounting bracket. I put a little piece of felt there to isolate them from each other and annoyance solved. Good luck!
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Not on the Palazzo. Would be good to have though.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #7

Thanks for all the prompt replies and help

Thanks for all the thoughts on this. One item I did find that could be the source is the metal filter. I removed it and will see how that goes when on the road. I can always stick it back in when needed, or maybe find a way to make it more secure.

DW had wrapped the glass turntable in a cloth before as was suggested.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #8

We do not wrap anything in the micro way with no noise.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #9

We take out the metal shelf in the microwave, we have found this solves the problem. We store our bread and a roll of papertowels in ours when we are traveling. It helps reduce the metal "clanging" noise and it makes everything close at hand if we stop to make lunch.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBounder View Post
I have a really obnoxious rattle in the Convection oven area when going down the road. Sounds like lightweight metal on metal hitting. Anybody else experience this? And, do you know of a fix? Thanks, Dave
We have the same problem and the DW can go back and put pressure on the underneath of the microwave and stop it. All the screws are tight. I have an appointment in Elkhart in June and that is on my list. Fortunately my list is rather minor compared to others on this forum.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We take out the metal shelf in the microwave, we have found this solves the problem. We store our bread and a roll of papertowels in ours when we are traveling. It helps reduce the metal "clanging" noise and it makes everything close at hand if we stop to make lunch.
My DW likes your "We store our bread and a roll of paper towels in ours when we are traveling" idea. Thanks!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #12

Convection oven noise while traveling

I do the same what RKNOLA does, except I remove all parts first hand. I store all the parts in the dish towel draw that I have set up under the stove. Everything is tucked in between the towels to avoid noise. This works super.
usrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #13

The Solution to the Rattle from the Microwave Oven

I started this thread because of an obnoxious rattle in my microwave oven area that was really irritating. None of the obvious causes/solutions helped (e.g. wrapping plate in towel, removing loose metal filter, etc.).

I took it to my dealer (Leo's Vacation Center, MD). They found that the microwave was not installed properly at the factory. It was not fully inserted into the mounting bracket that affixes it to the wall. There is a removable wooden piece above the microwave to access the bracket screws. They reset the bracket and the microwave and it is completely fixed now. The coach is very quiet going down the road now.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments. Very happy now and wanted to pass along my particular fix. BTW, if your microwave appears to be canted downward about 5 degrees in the front, you likely have the same problem. Once fixed, it is level.

Dave