Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #1

Ready to go!

Palazzoblues is ready to go. I hope!

Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Palazzoblues is ready to go. I hope!

Our 36.1 is the same color as yours. Hope you have a great trip! Looking good
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks awesome !!
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #4

looking good! Have a great time!

BTW is that top down on the Jeep?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
looking good! Have a great time!

BTW is that top down on the Jeep?
LOL, Yeah... Saturday I got finished with the Ready Brake install. So I had to hook it up and check it all out. I actually did pull the jeep about 5 miles like that, was too lazy to put the sun-rider top back up. But I must say, it looked pretty cool!

Go look at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/which...ad-196776.html to see my ready brake install.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #6

great photos, looks alot like my install. One thing though, the breakaway cable should be longer than the emergency cable... only when the e-cable fails you want the breakaway system to engage.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #7

Quote:
great photos, looks alot like my install. One thing though, the breakaway cable should be longer than the emergency cable... only when the e-cable fails you want the breakaway system to engage.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I was going back and fourth on the instructions. In the instructions they show the break away cable zip tied to the Ready Brute. I really did not like that. I guess that's what it would take if I lengthened it out so it would not hit the ground. The way it is now, It might pull on it if I make a sharp right turn.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #8

I didnt like the zip tie thing either, instead I opted to go with masking tape. very easy for the cable to "break away" and has held up surprisingly well. just leave some slack where the bar pivots.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
I'm soooo glad you've finally got major problems behind you and ready to enjoy the Palazzo. Your experience has been an education for us all.

Need to bring it to the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach next month - give us all a chance to give you a high five!!
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
I'm soooo glad you've finally got major problems behind you and ready to enjoy the Palazzo. Your experience has been an education for us all.

Need to bring it to the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach next month - give us all a chance to give you a high five!!
I will be there, but only for the first day or two because we come in on the Saturday before the rally. We reserved HH48.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #11

Quote:
I didnt like the zip tie thing either, instead I opted to go with masking tape. very easy for the cable to "break away" and has held up surprisingly well. just leave some slack where the bar pivots.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I can see you used the MOPAR wire harness too. Did you install that yourself. If you did, all I can say is good job. I did mine and when I had to drill the huge hole through the firewall I was having second thoughts. I made dang sure that huge plug connected up to the harness inside and made sure the lights worked by plugging the thing up to the 7 way trailer harness before I bored that hole!

I can also see in order to get the brake cable through the bumper you had to move your license tag up a bit. Here in NC we don't have front tags so I picked up one of those nice and shinny chrome Jeep plates. It's now on the front of the Palazzo! LOL
Old 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #12

yes, I did the DIY on the whole setup winch and all, you did a great job as well. One good thing about the license plate is I tuck the readybrake loop behind it, I use a Currie baseplate which acts as a skid plate as well. Its kinda stealthy and wont ever know its a toad unless you look for it.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #13

The Palazzo and the Jeep really look good together. I love the matching color scheme!
Our Palazzo is Cinnamon Shore and our Honda CRV is black so they don't look like they were "meant" to be together, but I really love my Honda!! Besides, opposites attract, right?
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
The Palazzo and the Jeep really look good together. I love the matching color scheme!
Our Palazzo is Cinnamon Shore and our Honda CRV is black so they don't look like they were "meant" to be together, but I really love my Honda!! Besides, opposites attract, right?
Hit Like --->