Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #15

I bought my 2014 33.2 new and had them remove the washer and dryer and give me credit for them. Then I put a countertop dishwasher in the space and still had some room for storage. I love my dishwasher. The plumbing and electrical is right there for it.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #16

Thanks!

We did get an inspection and fluid analysis done and last week decided to go ahead and purchase the Palazzo. It was amazingly well kept (it was a trade-in and we saw it immediately after the dealer relocated it to Florida before they did anything to it) and only a few minor issues that the dealer is handling.

I really appreciate all the insights about laundry vs. storage. Right now we are leaning towards removing it as we are not sure how often we will have sewer hookups. Since we plan to sell the Palazzo after our year of traveling we will put the washer & dryer into storage with our stuff (along with the cushion to make the dinette into a bed and perhaps the air mattress for the overhead bunk).

We may wait and see how our trial run of packing all our stuff into the Palazzo goes before making our final decision. I can see how it will be really handy if we have hookups!

Thanks again for all the insights.
Cheryl
CMcGGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:04 AM   #17

Inspection

Just curious,
Who did you have do the inspection and how did you find them?
mcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Just curious,
Who did you have do the inspection and how did you find them?
We did an internet search and found 2 inspectors in the Orlando area. Hubby spoke with both and decided on 2B Limitless RV Inspections based on background of inspectors.

We were able to follow the inspector around on his initial visual inspection and he pointed out various things (things to watch for, ongoing maintenance tips to avoid problems, etc). That probably took close to an hour. He then spent another 1.5 - 2 hours looking things over more carefully without us hanging over his shoulder. As we are new to RV's we considered it money well spent ($10 per foot = $330).
CMcGGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcGGray View Post
We are contemplating the purchase of a 2014 33.2 for a year of travel - moving most every day seeing as much of the lower 48 as we can before settling down in a new house with an elderly parent.

We are trying to decide if it makes sense to remove the washer & dryer and use that space for storage. We were expecting to use laundromats so are looking for opinions about how useful it is to have laundry in the RV and how adequate the storage might be for a year of constant travel.

TIA!
Find out from the dealer what the re-sale value of the rig will be with and without the W & D, since you only plan on keeping it for a year. Yes, you will gain a little additional storage space but when you consider all of the current indoor storage, including under the bed, there is quite a bit if you pack smart. You can also get plastic bins with lids and put tons of stuff in your outdoor storage compartments too.

Our rig has the W&D too, which we originally were going to have the dealer remove for a credit, but didn't. We spend most of our time going to/from race tracks and at the tracks themselves. Few of the tracks have full hookups but they usually have electricity. I cant tell you how many times we have used the dryer when an unexpected rain storm soaks you. The washer has a low water setting so for small loads it doesn't put that much of a dent into your onboard water supply. You can also use both the W&D as a hamper to store dirty clothes, even if you don't wash the clothes.