Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky bob View Post
We were. About 20 ft on the other side of the tree.
I will refrain from any more comments, sorry if I bothered anyone.
Bye
it didn't bother me I know what you were saying
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #58

You made a blanket statement about one bad experience, and then get upset when people push back and say that maybe you're being a little sensitive?

I hope you feel better soon, and understand that one individual, that completely complied with your request, does not mean that all respect is gone in the world. It also didn't matter at all what he looks like.
It was one very small incident.
Don't let this stuff ruin a trip for you.
It's not worth it.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #59

There are 7B+ different personalities on this planet, and since no 2 personalities are the same, there will always be differences in opinions and actions. It's just something we have to accept and deal with.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #60

I think I would rather have a guy that according to OP was very skilled with his knife, minding his own business, and probably enjoying the outdoors, next to me than several people playing a game of washers. That constant thump, thump, thump of the washers hitting the board is like Chinese water torture. I probably would've given the knife toss a try if I was in the OP's shoes.

Yes, we have become a cupcake nation, sometimes called by a more crude name not suitable for the forum. Everyone seems to want the person next to them to "toe their line", instead of being free to do what one wants, legally of course. Has anyone ever noticed how many "lawyers" are out there today? No, not the real ones that actually practice law, but the many people that profess to know the law by always telling you "hey you can't do that, there's a law against it".
Old 04-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky bob View Post
Maybe I am just more protective of my grandchildren than most.
Did you tell the children not to go by the tree?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
There are 7B+ different personalities on this planet, and since no 2 personalities are the same, there will always be differences in opinions and actions. It's just something we have to accept and deal with.
Are you saying that heading off to the wonderful world of social media to complain that someone is doing something that I don’t like is NOT the way to go even after that someone complied with your desires and ceased their evil activity? I was thinking that was what social media was for in lieu of actually finding someone with the authority to actually deal with the situation at the moment
Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
We had two guys here get into trouble for shooting each other with a 22 rifle while wearing a bullet proof vest to see how it worked. there were no injuries just some bruises. However this was not at a campground
What happens in Arkansas stays in Arkansas.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #64

I wish this thread was like ole 'grizzly adams' and just STOP

Old 04-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #65

Rude and dangerous

While I agree that it was good that the thrower was talented and the he was kind enough to stop, there is also raineman's comment about not being there: good point.

Good that DavidRVR said that it could have a been a learning experience for the grandchildren.

Dave
Old 04-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #66

You would defiantly ask me to stop if I was tossing the knife .. I have no skills in that area..

As for the post on it being illegal to diaturb the animals or their habitat .. what do you think your doing every time you camp . Just because they mark an area off for you to land in doesn’t mean your not interrupting their habitat .. because they said it was ok your ok? Think of all the exhaust you spill into the their air or bump that tree with your coach or maybe bust the limb when you turned to sharp and so on.. easy arm chair quester backs .. opinions are like belly buttons.. everyone has one..
Old 04-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #67

One of the many types you have to put up with in CG's.................that's why boondocking is the best.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
We had two guys here get into trouble for shooting each other with a 22 rifle while wearing a bullet proof vest to see how it worked. there were no injuries just some bruises. However this was not at a campground
Stupid human tricks..............I've seen people die from such idiocy.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge77 View Post
Are you saying that heading off to the wonderful world of social media to complain that someone is doing something that I don’t like is NOT the way to go even after that someone complied with your desires and ceased their evil activity? I was thinking that was what social media was for in lieu of actually finding someone with the authority to actually deal with the situation at the moment

Yes, that's why camphost, cg managers, and rangers exist to take care of issues like this. The situation could have spiraled out of control when confronted by a fellow camper and at a minimum, the knife thrower may repeat his careless act in another cg, so it needs to be documented and taken to the next level if the knife throwing continues.
For people that think knife throwing is ok in a cg, how about ax throwing? Is drinking beer while throwing an ax also OK, where would you draw the line where it's not OK anymore?
I can just picture some 9 year old kid listening to adults around a campfire bragging about their knife throwing skills. What could possibly happen when the unsupervised kid gets his hand on mom's steak knifes the next day?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
I'm with you on this one, ky bob. I used to throw knives at trees. That was before I grew up.
We are with you also. Please do not apologize for being right and thinking of the safety of your family. Yes, we are the 80%ers. We have been quiet too long. Look what it has done to our country, when we sit back and say nothing... It is time to think of others instead of only yourself and your childish idiotic games.
Closed Thread