Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
How about printing up a bunch of T-shirts that state "Dissatisfied Thor Owner" with a photo of the slide out. Then just hang out at all the RV shows. As long as you don't pass out flyers, they would have a really hard time throwing you out of the show. You probably wouldn't even have to hang out at their booth. That kind of thing gets around pretty quick, especially if there are a lot of you.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #44

O. It's around. I can't believe Thor is not addressing it. It can only get worse. They know they are patching these units and as time goes along and people use them as some of us have they will get worse.

Every dealer knows it-- that's why we are getting killed when we try to trade.

My plan is to cost Thor every chance I get. If they come up with the proper fix I'll reverse my comments and resolve it that way.

I'm the perfect one to let them test the proper fix on. I'm just 3.5 hr from there & could be there tomorrow. Lol. I am in no way interested in another patch!!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #45

Hey Russell, This is how us F.R.O.G. members deal with that kind of stuff.

al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Hey Russell, This is how us F.R.O.G. members deal with that kind of stuff.

LMAO

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #47

Yep. I got strong arms and plan to hang around. Lol
Old 05-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #48

Anybody else ever have trouble getting answers from Thor. Usually it takes a couple of emails or a couple of phone calls or a couple of both before they reply. I've been trying to get them to expedite the parts we need for the slide, the ladder, the water pump and the valve switcher. I got a Yes at first but haven't been able to get a hold of them since.

A big portion of our vacation has already been ruined. Although the RV is all packed up and ready to go it is now sitting in the Camping World parking lot. We stuffed our toad with whatever we could (including the contents of a fully loaded refrigerator) and made the 200 mile trip home.

I know I can get Thor to answer me, maybe even help with what I need but I'm just fed up that it takes so much work on my end to even get a hold of them. I sent an email last week and still have not received a reply. I suppose I could send another and make a couple of phone calls too, but I shouldn't have to dangnabit. How can you get away with treating your customers like this?
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #49

Every forum I read there is always a the comment about buying gently used rvs. I have been looking on and off for a year at "gently" used and the majority stink of sewer or mildew or he both, no service records. Or some other issue. I know we are fussy when it comes to cleanliness but I am now convinced we would never be happy with anything but new. Even if there is a deprciation hit.
msi1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #50

How about getting some cash together and hiring a plane with a banner that says "Thor sucks" to fly around Rv shows and factory.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #51

Heading out for long camping weekend---no doubt I'll get the chance to tell a few people to for sure not buy Thor units.

Turn about fair play. They cost me I'll cost them. My bet is that I'll cost them much more than they ever cost me. I continue till they do a proper large slide fix.

Russell.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #52

Challenger if it's that bad retain legal counsel but don't run down Thor across the board. I couldn't be happier with my Astoria and you are killing my resale.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #53

Ur resale been killed for a long time-- I tried to trade for another Thor product long ago--and the value on the Palazzo is junk!!!

So until Thor decides to make it right I plan to let everyone everyplace know how they are. Thank you

Russell
Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
challenger if it's that bad retain legal counsel but don't run down thor across the board. I couldn't be happier with my astoria and you are killing my resale.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #55

Hey look guys-- there a thread that says something about "I love my palazzo". Or something like that. I don't post there?? Maybe you might want to post something over there???

Russell
Old 05-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
Anybody else ever have trouble getting answers from Thor. Usually it takes a couple of emails or a couple of phone calls or a couple of both before they reply. I've been trying to get them to expedite the parts we need for the slide, the ladder, the water pump and the valve switcher. I got a Yes at first but haven't been able to get a hold of them since.

A big portion of our vacation has already been ruined. Although the RV is all packed up and ready to go it is now sitting in the Camping World parking lot. We stuffed our toad with whatever we could (including the contents of a fully loaded refrigerator) and made the 200 mile trip home.

I know I can get Thor to answer me, maybe even help with what I need but I'm just fed up that it takes so much work on my end to even get a hold of them. I sent an email last week and still have not received a reply. I suppose I could send another and make a couple of phone calls too, but I shouldn't have to dangnabit. How can you get away with treating your customers like this?
I would suggest that your problem is CW. I have huge issues evertime their service department is involved; however, when my private independent service facility is involved they clarion that Thor is very helpful. I'm not dealing with warranty issues but that's my story.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat