Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #71

Meanwhile I stuffed the entire contents of my Thor Palazzo's residential size refrigerator into garbage bags filled with ice, five bicycles, all the electronic equipment I could fit (computers, tablets), three kids, a wife, a cat, and various other items into a tow vehicle because I just spent two weeks in a very cramped RV (non working large slide) and have been told that my parts haven't even shipped yet.

The plan was to be enjoying a leisurely trip to Nevada to see my nephew graduate. The trip included enough time to spend a week at The Grand Canyon, a week at Disneyland, two weeks traveling up the coast of California staying at various beaches; then cutting across to Reno to watch my nephew graduate and spend some time with family.

Instead I drove that overloaded toad 200 miles home and am now wishing I had enough money to purchase airplane tickets so that I wouldn't have to miss my nephews graduation (I have a lot of money tied up in this RV thing). This after I pleaded with Thor to get the parts to me as quick as possible. The parts are still not here and I have heard nothing from Thor, not even a simple explanation as to why it is taking so long to get replacement parts for a slide that is widely known to have issues.

I was pretty flexible on most of the trip but when I first started this post I had no idea that this would drag out so long that I would miss the one and only opportunity I had to see my nephew graduate. That and the fact that I reached out to Thor for help well in advance (as soon as I was aware of the possibility of delay due to parts) really bothers me.

I'm doing my best not to sweat it but the lack of empathy for the situation that I've been put in, due to a defect in a product that I put my trust in, by a company that I helped to succeed (by buying their product) is troublesome. I held up my part of the bargain by giving them a large sum of money, I think they are failing to hold their end of the deal. I don't want to be that troublesome customer, but if I was, I'm sure I would see better results.

Barring a miracle, I think my vacation has been ruined. I also am pretty sure that the only thing I could have done differently is chosen to travel with a broken slide, which after spending two weeks in that situation, my vacation would have still been ruined. Although I would have done exactly that to see my nephew graduate.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 AM   #72

I for one am glad for the rants, complaints, and info. We have been beginning the search for a MH to replace the TT in the future. Like some others, wife and I want something shorter but think a Diesel would be better in Western mountains. Through a general online search, the Palazzo turned up. I ordered a brochure online from Thor and received a "thank you for interest in our product" and your brochure will be sent. In the meantime, I read the things on here, wrote Thor and told them never mind on the brochure due to the slide out complaints. I fully understand that anything can have problems, but when the percentage of problems to sales becomes ridiculous, it is time for reaction. Especially if the problems are not addressed IMMEDIATELY. If you don't like to spend money on a horrible dinner at a restaurant, why should you be expected to be complacent about spending $150,000.00 to $190,000.00 or more on a MH from ANY brand. GM recalls made National news, but apparently RV owners have to play nice and hold hands and sing around the campfire while their money and time goes down the drain. As long as people on these forums are not cursing or lying about something, why should they be threatened with their posts being deleted, mine included. It is ALL on topic, RV - ruined vacation and ruined value.
BigBill3111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:17 AM   #73

Thor Owners Club
Am I reading/understanding this correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
First, the staff would like to express sympathy to those that have been struggling with system problems in their RV's - BUT this thread has degraded with little value to readers.

And, because of the change in the flavor of this thread ANY further posts that are off-topic (have you heard the term RV=ruined vacation?) will be considered for removal.

Also, TO ALL, please be aware that iRV2 has become SO POPULAR, that any internet search engine will guide readers to our site. This has become such a foregone conclusion that the staff has received a significant number of member requests to remove old "venting" threads because those owners were having difficulty selling. Many perspective buyers could immediatly see that individual RV's initial problems - documented in detail - but often lacking any remedy.

So, please help us and the RV community. Post the bad AND the good of your RV...and don't be surprised when someday in the future you meet stangers that know all about YOUR RV thanks to iRV2
Not sure of the above with regards to "remove old venting threads"? Maybe I am reading between the lines, but it is obvious that this site is funded by advertisers and maybe getting pressure to have these removed or face reduced business???? I hope I am wrong thinking this! I also belong to a separate Truck camper forum [non-IRV2] where the problems are similair if not identical. With one difference, the site is 99.9% about Lance Truck campers. Who at times has posted a reply as to a suggestion to a fix and a direct email for customer support.
I have had a few issues and presently a couple of new ones that the Factory will take care of in my upcoming July 14th appointment. The biggest concern is the life of the silde mechanism. It isn't an item that can be quickly fixed nor repaired in a timely fashion. I understand process improvement as it pertains to product history. I for one would pay to have my slides on my 2014 33.2 upgraded to the latest engineering configuation. The big slide is not like my bedroom slide to manually push in. I would need a team of people to push that heavy slide in. Having issues with my Truck Camper [That I mostly fixed myself] and a large Boat.....that really does mean "Break out another thousand". I am numb when having issues. Though, I personally called the Vice President fo Quality for the boat company and gave him and ear full of my problems with this "New" boat. They heard me and wanted to do proper customer service that they extended my factory warranty an additional year from Bow to Stern. Boat had all of the issues resolved and I am happy with it still. One would think that a extension of the factory warranty of the slide issue would be in order to calm the waters. I plan on contacting Lippert....who now owns Schwintek for advise on the slide issues. Also, Thor is not the only coach using this slide manufacturer. Search this IRV2 site and you will read identical slide problems for different coachs. Also Lance Truck campers use this Lippert/Schwintek system on their much smaller slides too.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil they say, but if this site decides to "FILTER" owners comments and experiences based on manufacturers intimidation I would not see IRV2 as a helpful trusting tool to use for research. I hope I am wrong!
I really like my Palazzo and would like to have it for the long run. Sorry for the long post, but just had to inject my 2 cents on the subject!
Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
Meanwhile I stuffed the entire contents of my Thor Palazzo's residential size refrigerator into garbage bags filled with ice, five bicycles, all the electronic equipment I could fit (computers, tablets), three kids, a wife, a cat, and various other items into a tow vehicle because I just spent two weeks in a very cramped RV (non working large slide) and have been told that my parts haven't even shipped yet.

The plan was to be enjoying a leisurely trip to Nevada to see my nephew graduate. The trip included enough time to spend a week at The Grand Canyon, a week at Disneyland, two weeks traveling up the coast of California staying at various beaches; then cutting across to Reno to watch my nephew graduate and spend some time with family.

Instead I drove that overloaded toad 200 miles home and am now wishing I had enough money to purchase airplane tickets so that I wouldn't have to miss my nephews graduation (I have a lot of money tied up in this RV thing). This after I pleaded with Thor to get the parts to me as quick as possible. The parts are still not here and I have heard nothing from Thor, not even a simple explanation as to why it is taking so long to get replacement parts for a slide that is widely known to have issues.

I was pretty flexible on most of the trip but when I first started this post I had no idea that this would drag out so long that I would miss the one and only opportunity I had to see my nephew graduate. That and the fact that I reached out to Thor for help well in advance (as soon as I was aware of the possibility of delay due to parts) really bothers me.

I'm doing my best not to sweat it but the lack of empathy for the situation that I've been put in, due to a defect in a product that I put my trust in, by a company that I helped to succeed (by buying their product) is troublesome. I held up my part of the bargain by giving them a large sum of money, I think they are failing to hold their end of the deal. I don't want to be that troublesome customer, but if I was, I'm sure I would see better results.

Barring a miracle, I think my vacation has been ruined. I also am pretty sure that the only thing I could have done differently is chosen to travel with a broken slide, which after spending two weeks in that situation, my vacation would have still been ruined. Although I would have done exactly that to see my nephew graduate.
Well said, so sorry you had to go through that.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill3111 View Post
I for one am glad for the rants, complaints, and info. We have been beginning the search for a MH to replace the TT in the future. Like some others, wife and I want something shorter but think a Diesel would be better in Western mountains. Through a general online search, the Palazzo turned up. I ordered a brochure online from Thor and received a "thank you for interest in our product" and your brochure will be sent. In the meantime, I read the things on here, wrote Thor and told them never mind on the brochure due to the slide out complaints. I fully understand that anything can have problems, but when the percentage of problems to sales becomes ridiculous, it is time for reaction. Especially if the problems are not addressed IMMEDIATELY. If you don't like to spend money on a horrible dinner at a restaurant, why should you be expected to be complacent about spending $150,000.00 to $190,000.00 or more on a MH from ANY brand. GM recalls made National news, but apparently RV owners have to play nice and hold hands and sing around the campfire while their money and time goes down the drain. As long as people on these forums are not cursing or lying about something, why should they be threatened with their posts being deleted, mine included. It is ALL on topic, RV - ruined vacation and ruined value.
Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Glad there is a forum like this to help folk make better decisions. I can understand singled out issues with this or that, but it sounds like the issue is not a single unit.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
Not sure of the above with regards to "remove old venting threads"? Maybe I am reading between the lines, but it is obvious that this site is funded by advertisers and maybe getting pressure to have these removed or face reduced business???? I hope I am wrong thinking this! I also belong to a separate Truck camper forum [non-IRV2] where the problems are similair if not identical. With one difference, the site is 99.9% about Lance Truck campers. Who at times has posted a reply as to a suggestion to a fix and a direct email for customer support.
I have had a few issues and presently a couple of new ones that the Factory will take care of in my upcoming July 14th appointment. The biggest concern is the life of the silde mechanism. It isn't an item that can be quickly fixed nor repaired in a timely fashion. I understand process improvement as it pertains to product history. I for one would pay to have my slides on my 2014 33.2 upgraded to the latest engineering configuation. The big slide is not like my bedroom slide to manually push in. I would need a team of people to push that heavy slide in. Having issues with my Truck Camper [That I mostly fixed myself] and a large Boat.....that really does mean "Break out another thousand". I am numb when having issues. Though, I personally called the Vice President fo Quality for the boat company and gave him and ear full of my problems with this "New" boat. They heard me and wanted to do proper customer service that they extended my factory warranty an additional year from Bow to Stern. Boat had all of the issues resolved and I am happy with it still. One would think that a extension of the factory warranty of the slide issue would be in order to calm the waters. I plan on contacting Lippert....who now owns Schwintek for advise on the slide issues. Also, Thor is not the only coach using this slide manufacturer. Search this IRV2 site and you will read identical slide problems for different coachs. Also Lance Truck campers use this Lippert/Schwintek system on their much smaller slides too.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil they say, but if this site decides to "FILTER" owners comments and experiences based on manufacturers intimidation I would not see IRV2 as a helpful trusting tool to use for research. I hope I am wrong!
I really like my Palazzo and would like to have it for the long run. Sorry for the long post, but just had to inject my 2 cents on the subject!
Don
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for speaking out. I also wanted to reply to the moderator, but was afraid to get banned. Now that I think about it, who cares. I'm not getting paid, however; I do enjoy helping others.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #77
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
iRV2 Sponsors have no input or control over member's posts. Sponsors are aware of this when they advertise on iRV2.

Any moderation of posts is a result of posts not conforming to our rules and not from Sponsor input or iRV2's attempting to remove negative comments.

There is no problem with negative posts as long as they are within our rules.

iRV2 Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
Not sure of the above with regards to "remove old venting threads"? Maybe I am reading between the lines, but it is obvious that this site is funded by advertisers and maybe getting pressure to have these removed or face reduced business???? I hope I am wrong thinking this!

Don

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
iRV2 Sponsors have no input or control over member's posts. Sponsors are aware of this when they advertise on iRV2.

Any moderation of posts is a result of posts not conforming to our rules and not from Sponsor input or iRV2's attempting to remove negative comments.

There is no problem with negative posts as long as they are within our rules.

iRV2 Rules

Thanks so much for clarifying this Route 66. Just some things that transpired last week left me wondering. I feel much better about irv2 knowing the above. Thanks

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #79

I'd like to know how much of Scarab008 post still stands. I'm confused.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #80

Thor Owners Club
Thank you for your response Route 66, But!

I thank you for your response and clarification that manufacturers do not influence this site's basis of operation. But for members trying to unload a defective coach without documentation of repairs or fixes.......shame on them. Not to mention they could be held liable if defect was proved to be know and caused injury......will leave that alone!!!

But, the link provided for the "Rules" I clicked on and read. I fail to find where or what section the "RV=Ruined Vacation" statement violates. Could you please point me to the respective section and how it violates?

I see by your response, you are not the original adminstator who objected to this post and that their must be many. So the intrepretation of the rules could be viewed differently for each adminstrator?

Additionally, the origin of this "RV=Ruined Vacation" was posted by hearing manufacturer's company rep state that at a recent rally. Note: I was there also and heard it loud and clear. I know the origin doesn't weigh to much when it comes to the rules, but no resposne to that persons post was never addressed by the objecting adminstator.

Again, thanks for your your reply and await the clarification of the where this stated violation is found in the rules. I hope I am not in violation of the rules for following up for questioning and trying to understand the rules of this privately owned site. This will be my last post concerning this matter.

Don
Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #81
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The thread title doesn't violate any rules.

Quote:
"RV=Ruined Vacation"

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #82

Thor Owners Club
Thank You!

Thank you Route 66!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #83

Thank you Don.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags