Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #15

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170802_175757479.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	177823
This is backwards.
Slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey2014 View Post
Ours also leaks terribly. Has the soft spot on the floor. It's going in soon and the shower is on the list. In the mean time we installed a shower rod and curtain. Works perfectly, but we shouldn't have to ad lib like that

Update: Shower leak fixed. Dealership REVERSED the bottom seal. It was installed backwards. The lip was mounted on the inside.
Aubrey2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Update: Shower leak fixed. Dealership REVERSED the bottom seal. It was installed backwards. The lip was mounted on the inside.
Aubrey2014 which dealer did the work for you? Demontrond Conroe has been my dealer. I mentioned to the service writer last time I took the RV in that I think it's backwards but of course they didn't do anything but add more caulk. Going to try it this morning but I don't have much faith.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick View Post
Aubrey2014 which dealer did the work for you? Demontrond Conroe has been my dealer. I mentioned to the service writer last time I took the RV in that I think it's backwards but of course they didn't do anything but add more caulk. Going to try it this morning but I don't have much faith.

Houston. They never baulked at the issue. However I bought it in Texas City. When I told them (TC) about it they said the factory said there’s nothing they could do. Talked to Shawn in service. Or have Conroe call. It ended up in Houston because of an overload in Texas City. That’s where I’m keeping it for service from this point on.
Good luck.
Aubrey2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #19

we removed ours several years ago and replaced with a articulating 'extend-a-shower' rod and curtain... no problems since.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:07 AM   #20

It may be good to drive without the pump on. Take pressure off the pump. Turn it on if you need to use it and then turn it off and then relieve the pressure. Lost many pumps before we learned this. Also if you need to replace the pump, buy a marine pump. It would be the same pump only more heavy duty. No problems with water turning on while driving.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well that took care of the leaks but what about the soft floors. This is our third MH and while the floor isn't to bad we are not big folks and I still don't like floor movement as I shower.

I pulled the front cover below the shower and can see where to place 2 to 4 simple devices to strengthen the softness of the floor.

I'll use two roughly 3" to 4" square pieces of wood for each support. On the top piece which will be next to the shower floor I'll double side tape a piece of dense rubber mat. You want something with a little give but not to much or the floor will still be soft. I've got several different kinds of rubber mat around the garage. I think I know what I'll use but that's to be decided. I think the 4' X 4' interlocking floor mat will work best. It will compress a little but still give good support. In the middle I'll place a 1/4" or 3/8" carriage bolt with a 3/4" long threaded insert in the piece of wood on the bottom.

The length of the carriage bolt is determined by the space needed between the RV floor and the bottom of the shower. With the bolt facing up the smooth rounded end is on the top piece of wood.

Prior to inserting this device under the shower I'll place it in a vice and unscrew the bolt so it dents a rounded hole in the top piece of plywood. That will allow the top piece of wood to pivot based on any slope of the shower floor. I'm using this set up because the shower floor is not always flat but a bit sloped towards the drain so it will do just that drain. The top piece of wood with the rounded side of the carriage bolt up will allow the wood to slant as needed.

Insert these simple, cheap expandable devices as you determined are necessary and wrench them in place to support the sagging floor. There really won't be a great deal of weight on these and you can adjust the sizes as needed. In fact if I need to I'll make just two and run them front to back or side to side with a carriage bolt on either side. It all depends on how much room is under there and where the soft spots are. There's a drain in the middle with pipes as well as maybe some other wires or make believe floor supports which are usually just blocks of wood which as you can tell don't work very well.

This fix is as simple and cheap as it can get and it's almost fool proof. Adjusting the length of the carriage bolt will be the most difficult. You will only have 3/4" of adjustment (thickness of the plywood) so measure carefully.

Plywood works the best as the grain pattern runs at right angles and the wood will support the load along all sides.

I have not done this fix on the new RV but I'll can make up a sample of the support and post it on this thread if anybody needs or wants a picture showing how to do it.

Just drop me a PM and I'll get-er-done.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Houston. They never baulked at the issue. However I bought it in Texas City. When I told them (TC) about it they said the factory said there’s nothing they could do. Talked to Shawn in service. Or have Conroe call. It ended up in Houston because of an overload in Texas City. That’s where I’m keeping it for service from this point on.
Good luck.
Ok. Thanks for the info. On trip right now and of course water pours out.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Well that took care of the leaks but what about the soft floors. This is our third MH and while the floor isn't to bad we are not big folks and I still don't like floor movement as I shower.

I pulled the front cover below the shower and can see where to place 2 to 4 simple devices to strengthen the softness of the floor.

I'll use two roughly 3" to 4" square pieces of wood for each support. On the top piece which will be next to the shower floor I'll double side tape a piece of dense rubber mat. You want something with a little give but not to much or the floor will still be soft. I've got several different kinds of rubber mat around the garage. I think I know what I'll use but that's to be decided. I think the 4' X 4' interlocking floor mat will work best. It will compress a little but still give good support. In the middle I'll place a 1/4" or 3/8" carriage bolt with a 3/4" long threaded insert in the piece of wood on the bottom.

The length of the carriage bolt is determined by the space needed between the RV floor and the bottom of the shower. With the bolt facing up the smooth rounded end is on the top piece of wood.

Prior to inserting this device under the shower I'll place it in a vice and unscrew the bolt so it dents a rounded hole in the top piece of plywood. That will allow the top piece of wood to pivot based on any slope of the shower floor. I'm using this set up because the shower floor is not always flat but a bit sloped towards the drain so it will do just that drain. The top piece of wood with the rounded side of the carriage bolt up will allow the wood to slant as needed.

Insert these simple, cheap expandable devices as you determined are necessary and wrench them in place to support the sagging floor. There really won't be a great deal of weight on these and you can adjust the sizes as needed. In fact if I need to I'll make just two and run them front to back or side to side with a carriage bolt on either side. It all depends on how much room is under there and where the soft spots are. There's a drain in the middle with pipes as well as maybe some other wires or make believe floor supports which are usually just blocks of wood which as you can tell don't work very well.

This fix is as simple and cheap as it can get and it's almost fool proof. Adjusting the length of the carriage bolt will be the most difficult. You will only have 3/4" of adjustment (thickness of the plywood) so measure carefully.

Plywood works the best as the grain pattern runs at right angles and the wood will support the load along all sides.

I have not done this fix on the new RV but I'll can make up a sample of the support and post it on this thread if anybody needs or wants a picture showing how to do it.

Just drop me a PM and I'll get-er-done.
In a previous travel trailer I had, I took some plywood and ripped several pieces so it would fit between the bottom of the shower pan and the floor below it. I then wedged them in place under the shower pan about 4" apart and parallel to each other. I then filled the space between them with expanding foam. Once it cured, the floor was solid as a rock and never felt soft.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, shower