Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #1

Shower problems

We have a 2016 Palazoo 36.1 and we love it, our issue is the shower seems loose from the wall and it leaks from the hinge corner. We have even had the hose from the shower swing and turn on the shower while we were driving. When we stand in the shower the floor gives a lot. Does anyone else experience these problems or know how to fix them?
ChipPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #2

Having shower issue myself.......while in shower water runs down inside of door and goes into metal track and leaks out front. Even though there is a rubber "gasket" it doesn't seem to work. Anyone have this issue?
deano777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #3

yes - and after several attempts at 'sealing' it better - we finally just decided 'why all the work, we don't like the glass doors anyway", so we removed it and replaced with a simple adjustable shower curtain rod. No more problems, and it sure does weigh a lot less!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #4

if problem with loose panels then just shoot some expanding foam in, you can even drill a hole to do it...I was a remodel, home builder since '80...the homes we built always had concrete under base for solid floor...in many rv's you can still do this with removing the access panel or some other way..just have to know that it expands a lot and not over do....
Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Yea we had the same thing with our 2016. Water leaking out of the bottom rail where the door opens. I put caulk inside where the track meets up against the wall where the door opens. So far it has not been leaking.
TSump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Can you post a photo of where you caulked?

I expect to be looking at a new Palazzo today.

I have read many post of other Thor brands lacking good support under the showers. Is that not an issue with the Palazzo?

What other common problems should I expect?

I like the lower height of these and that the entrance door is behind the passenger seat.

Thanks,

Bobby
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

We have the same issues with our 2017 Palazzo 36.1. The first night we used the shower, water was pouring out through the bottom shower door. They installed the metal track backward. The side where it has the raised side is supposed to be on the outside.
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #8

Ours also leaks terribly. Has the soft spot on the floor. It's going in soon and the shower is on the list. In the mean time we installed a shower rod and curtain. Works perfectly, but we shouldn't have to ad lib like that
Aubrey2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thor Shower Issues

Hello all, We had the same exact issue in our brand new Tuscany last August.
Every time someone showered, mass water would literally pour out all over the floor. Having been on the road on our maiden voyage, i had to buy 3 tubes of clear silicone to caulk all around the inside frame. after the fourth shower and 3rd tube of silicone, no leaks!
RollingWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #10

My shower issue has been fixed. Like Browndoggie my bottom metal track was installed backwards. I had to remove the door, and both metal sides to get to bottom track. Flipped it, re caulked all and good as new. Great QC Thor.....lol
deano777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #11

You would think someone in QC would by now get it!
Aubrey2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey2014 View Post
You would think someone in QC would by now get it!
Maybe that someone in QC no longer exists. 'downsizing. ''
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #13

I believe it is installed backwards also. My 2017 36.1 is in the shop now trying to fix that issue along with several others.
Slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #14

Photos please

Can someone please post a photo of the track installed correctly or backwards? Thanks.
mountainpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, shower