Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #1

Slide Out Locking Bar for Palazzo?

I was going over the manual again looking for special items and read where I am supposed to ensure the slide out locking bar is off prior to opening slide outs?

I believe 99.9% that our new Palazzo does not use locking bars but am posting this question to be 100%?
Mean1255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean1255 View Post
I was going over the manual again looking for special items and read where I am supposed to ensure the slide out locking bar is off prior to opening slide outs?

I believe 99.9% that our new Palazzo does not use locking bars but am posting this question to be 100%?
I use one on the large slide but only snug, not too tight or it will sqeak if you are on uneven roads.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #3

I use four....two on each slide......hand snug.....
patch-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch-y View Post
I use four....two on each slide......hand snug.....
We use four on the front slide (we have the 33.1 model) -with only the sofa and dinette on the slide. Two on each end; positioned at the top and bottom and hand snug.

None on the bedroom slide.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #5

Two on the large slide. I don't move without them in place.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Mine didnt even come with locking bars..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #7

Got one--don't use it.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Challenger (same slide mechanism as Palazzo) came with two slide locks. The dealer told me the only time I should use them is to lock a broken slide closed to get the coach to a dealer.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
RV8

Slide Out Locking bars for Palazzos

From our owners manual on pg 54: Under instructions to retract the slide out, item three states "install the room locking devices if equipped."

We have two devices. On our test drive at the Syracuse NY FMCA gathering in June 2013, Ryan Rebar, Thor Product Manager, sat behind the drivers seat as both Pat and I drove. He was quite insistent that we remember to install the devices in the large slide before the MH moved.

The combination of the manual and his directive was sufficient to insure that the bars are always installed in our large slide. A label on the wall of the large slide should show where to install them. A colorful label we installed under the slide button reminds us to remove them. The manual also states that it is the operator's responsibility to remove the devices prior to extending the slide so as to avoid damage.
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #10

Quote:

I now use two on the large slide. They gave me a second one when I was in Elkhart. I learned about slide locks when I had a Winnebago VIA. To operate that slide you needed a key. The key was attached to the slide bar. That meant you had to take the slide bar off before you could extend the slide. It also meant you had the slide bar in your hand when you retracted creating an incentive to install it. I decided Winnebago thought the slide bar was important so I carried that premise to my Palazzo. Now Thor has given me a second. They must think it is important as well.

I have had no slide problems and there is no sign of wear on the tracks. My big slide has the washer and drier in it as well as the frig. 😃

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #11

2 locks front of large slide
1 lock rear of large slide
1 small slide

I understand that if you loose power you wish you had locks.

We also do not have any noise going down the road.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
My coach only came with one lock. Hmmm...
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #13

my coach also came with one....I purchased three more on-line from ppl
patch-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #14

weird, mine came with one... but don't use it. Having 4 for the big slide makes sense to me.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out