Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #15

We love our 3013 33.2. We tightened things up to eliminate air migration by sound silicone caulking in many areas inside the coach. We helped silence the air conditioners by reconfiguring items inside the air box. We read about this in this Palazzo blog. We lined the back of all cabinets with the foil lined bubble wrap you get at LOWES. This made an amazing difference. It is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. We also added a rubber bottom strip to the slide cabinets in the kitchen to help eliminate drafts. Coach is nice a cozy even to the mid twenty’s. We are happy happy!
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
36.3 Palazzo

Do your due diligence. Doesn't matter how many are for sale new or used from any brand. Make sure you have a dealer that can and will be able to fix all the things that will go wrong.

I have the 2017 36.3 and hate all the things wrong with it and have had to try and get fixed by dealer and by THOR picking up and taking back to Elkhart and still not fix everything. Have it almost a year and in repair more than in use. BUT I REALLY LIKE THE UNIT - except for the folding king bed.

A/C's work great but are noisy, have used it in Florida in HOT HUMID weather and worked great - heat is a bigger problem in cold weather - but the Fireplace worked better than the furnace.

Big Propane tank - specs say 104 LBS.
Mid black tank gets kitchen sink, and 1/2 bath -
Rear gets sink and toilet - shower goes to grey tank.

the only exterior outlet is in the passenger side small storage bay - nothing in wet bay.

Water filter and pump in bad location next to water tank - hard to reach.
StanleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #17

A few more questions.

I read some make complaining about the shower leaking. It sounded like water coming through the door seal/hinge. Anyone have a problem with this?

If you have multiplex system. What happens if you lose main control pad? Is everything from slides to lights, to water pump, etc. dead at that point?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #18

Also, Stanley or someone what with a 36.3, could you tell me what the cargo carrying capacity is on it (typically yellow stick on door for Thors)?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #19

I had a shower leak issue, water was coming under the track onto the floor, quick fix with clear silicone
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
I had a shower leak issue, water was coming under the track onto the floor, quick fix with clear silicone
Ok, simple fix.

Even though I'm not exactly handy, I came to the conclusion long before I but my ACE that if we were going to do this RV thing, I would have to be willing to trouble shoot and fix things myself.

I'm not about to leave an RV at a dealer for weeks or months for something I can fix myself. I've done a number of things, like replacing the hot water heater control board myself.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, simple fix.

Even though I'm not exactly handy, I came to the conclusion long before I but my ACE that if we were going to do this RV thing, I would have to be willing to trouble shoot and fix things myself.

I'm not about to leave an RV at a dealer for weeks or months for something I can fix myself. I've done a number of things, like replacing the hot water heater control board myself.
Very good !! It does help to be handy with any rv......We have fixed several things on the road, luckily nothing major. It seems there is always a little something that needs attention. I fully expected that when we purchased it. Prior to the Palazzo I always had boats, big and small and they are the same way. I still carry a nice size tool box and a bag of spare parts including a complete set of filters for the motor and gen set etc. and any time I change-replace anything as I just replaced the water pump, the old pump is cleaned up and packed away for parts if needed. A lot of this comes from my off shore fishing days, we reached into our bag of spare parts on many occasions and were able to make it back in to shore. Plus the super people on this forum are a wealth of information!!!!
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #22

We had a 2017 Palazzo 36.1 that we traded in for a 2017 Newmar Ventana 4310.
I believe the 36.3 you are looking at has the king bed instead of the queen in the 36.1. We have taken the coach to Disney world in June and the AC have kept the temperature comfortable for us. You do have to watch out for flying debris(wood chips)from the vents,we got a lots of those and I mean A LOT. Still vacuuming them out after 10mos in it.

We also took it to South Dakota in October and it was in the low 40s but we didn’t use the furnace, we just plugged in a space heater to keep us warm and toasty and it worked fine.

As for the shower leaking, they installed the metal molding on the bottom of the shower door backward.

Reason we traded it in for the Newmar is because I wanted a bigger coach and two full baths since our kids still tag along. They are 26,24,16 and 13 all boys plus two dogs. And we needed the towing capacity in the Ventana which is 15,000lbs.The Newmar has opposite slides on both side so it makes the coach a lot bigger. And the Newmar only have one black tank so I only have to drain and clean one tank as oppose to cleaning two in the Palazzo. The back toilet in the Palazzo has it’s own black tank which is only six gallons and it doesn’t have a tank flush you can’t clean it after you dumped the tank so we pull a water hose through the back window everytime and that gets old really quick.
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote