Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
gmadams
That's good news.
I hope the life time warranty is worth something, (and I hope the OP posts a report on how good, or bad, the warranty actually is).

BTW, I suspect that a lightning bolt, after traveling thousands of feet through the sky, has enough energy to pretty much destroy any small electronic protection device.
Mel
'96 Safari
Regarding the Progressive unit, I called the company the following day and was told they have a lifetime warranty. All I pay for is the shipping to get it to them and they will repair or replace and pay the return shipping. The error was E-5. The campground attendant tested the connection at the post and it was fine, and without interruption. The coach next to me had the same Progressive unit I have. His worked fine but mind did not. We also tested it on another post and it continued to give the same error.

Funny thing...the maintenance man who came out to check the post said 'it's probably your unit that's broken. Those things breakdown all the time since they are all made in China.' I quickly assured him the Progressive product was proudly made in the USA and came with a lifetime warranty. I shared how I'd researched other companies and chose Progressive for those very reasons. Needless to say, he was embarrassed and apologized twice for 'sticking his foot in his mouth'. Ha ha ha!
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Keep us posted. I just had one in my hand to buy today at Camping World but checked Amazon and it was much, much cheaper ($38 vs. $56) so decided not to buy it there. I'll wait to order from Amazon until you research further.

No smell today so I'm convinced it was the Oxygenics hose. I am not going to miss it, was not impressed.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Regarding the Progressive unit, I called the company the following day and was told they have a lifetime warranty. All I pay for is the shipping to get it to them and they will repair or replace and pay the return shipping. The error was E-5. The campground attendant tested the connection at the post and it was fine, and without interruption. The coach next to me had the same Progressive unit I have. His worked fine but mind did not. We also tested it on another post and it continued to give the same error.

Funny thing...the maintenance man who came out to check the post said 'it's probably your unit that's broken. Those things breakdown all the time since they are all made in China.' I quickly assured him the Progressive product was proudly made in the USA and came with a lifetime warranty. I shared how I'd researched other companies and chose Progressive for those very reasons. Needless to say, he was embarrassed and apologized twice for 'sticking his foot in his mouth'. Ha ha ha!

from the manual...

E-0 Normal Condition
E-1 Reverse Polarity Condition (hot and neutral wires reversed)
E-2 Open Ground
E-3 Line 1 Voltage High (Line voltage above 132)
E-4 Line 1 Voltage Low (Line voltage below 104 volts)
E-5 Line 2 Voltage High (Line voltage above 132)
E-6 Line 2 Voltage Low (Line voltage below 104 volts)
E-7 Line Frequency High (Line frequency above 69 cycles
per second)
E-8 Line Frequency Low (Line frequency below 51 cycles
per second)
E-9 Data Link Down
E-10 Replace Surge Protector Module

NOTE: If the EMS cuts the power to the RV it will show a PE
code following the E code. This denotes the previous error or
why the EMS shut down. Example: The EMS cuts power for
low voltage on Line 1, and then the power is restored. The Error
Code reads E0, but the PE code reads PE4 which tells the user
low voltage was the reason for the EMS previously cutting power.
This PE error code will be deleted when power is disconnected
from the EMS.

very surprised your unit died... Im assuming you disconnected and reconnected power and still read E-5... def weird. Lifetime warranty is the reason we bought Progressive.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Yeap, I pulled out the manual and read all this when the code wouldn't change no matter what post we plugged it into. Progressive said stuff happens from time to time. It kept flashing the same error code no matter where we plugged it in. Had the guy parked next to us not had the same model Progressive surge protector we have, I might have thought differently.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
No smell today so I'm convinced it was the Oxygenics hose. I am not going to miss it, was not impressed.
Good to know. You just saved me some money!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Yeap, I pulled out the manual and read all this when the code wouldn't change no matter what post we plugged it into. Progressive said stuff happens from time to time. It kept flashing the same error code no matter where we plugged it in. Had the guy parked next to us not had the same model Progressive surge protector we have, I might have thought differently.

If your surge unit showed 255 volts, that is a status that Progressive has built in to indicate a bad board.... maybe due to water... They fixed mine and had it back to me in a week.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Bad odor returns!

This afternoon we noticed the foul odor had returned! It is coming from the rear of the washer/dryer stack. I poured some Blue Power liquid into the drum and ran a rinse and spin cycle just now, but this is obviously a bigger issue than just smelly water sitting in a p-trap. We've been parked at a campground for the past six days with no problems. I've done a number of loads of laundry with no issue. I am just dumbfounded at this point.

I have no idea how to check the p-trap, and assume this is not within my reach as I can't see it anywhere. I believe in the 36.1 it is located beneath the slide. There is an open area under the slide to accommodate it. It would be impossible for me to reach it.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Btw, I checked for a roof vent pipe on the roof, but there isn't one for the washer/dryer. I thought perhaps it might be blocked, but that's not the case.

Tags
smell