RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #1

TDC rally news

Hi Everybody,
I know there is a list of all of the upcoming rallys on the Thor Diesel Club (TDC) site but it occured to me that some areas of the TDC might be non-excessable to non members. Well, I don't want any prospective Thor buyers to miss out on this information just because they haven't signed on the dotted line yet. So, I am going to be posting some information about the rallys for all to see. For registration applications you will have to go to the TDC website which is ThorDieselClub.org but the general where, when, who information can be posted here.

October 26-30 the Halloween Spooktacular at Camp Hatteras, Waves, North Carolina. There were originally 30 sites available. I am not sure if there are anymore sites still available. Since this rally is so close time-wise, I will have to say just go to the TDC website for contact info to find out if there are still sites available.

January 14-18 2015 TDC Gathering for the Florida Super Show in Tampa Florida. The Show is HUGE but the TDC was only given 20 sites. Many of thosed sites may be already reserved. The TDC would still like to meet people that either haven't joined the TDC yet or aren't Thor Diesel coach owners yet. So if you are already going to the Tampa RV show, come by the group of Thor Diesel coaches and introduce yourself. We would love to meet you.
If you want more information on the Florida RV show (other than the TDC parts) you can go to FRVTA - Florida RV Trade Association

May 3-8 2015 TDC Spring Rally will be at Pine Mountain RV Resort in Pine Mountain, Georgia. The resort is just south of Atlanta right outside Callaway Gardens. the website for the resort is: Pine Mountain RV Resort in Georgia - RVC Outdoor Destination. The location of the resort is Pine Mountain RV Resort
8804 Hamilton Rd Pine Mountain, GA 31822

October 4-9 2015 is the TDC International Rally at the Elkhart Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana. The TDC is still looking for rally masters for this rally. Contact the TDC for more information on being a rally master.

April/May 2016 the TDC Spring Rally will be at the River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. Exact dates have not been confirmed yet. Details for the rally will be posted as they become available.

This list is for the big rallys. Mini rallys have been known to pop up on the calendar from time to time. I will post details as they become available or you can go to the TDC website for more information.

Karen

RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Hi Everybody,
I know there is a list of all of the upcoming rallys on the Thor Diesel Club (TDC) site but it occured to me that some areas of the TDC might be non-excessable to non members. Well, I don't want any prospective Thor buyers to miss out on this information just because they haven't signed on the dotted line yet. So, I am going to be posting some information about the rallys for all to see. For registration applications you will have to go to the TDC website which is ThorDieselClub.org but the general where, when, who information can be posted here.

October 26-30 the Halloween Spooktacular at Camp Hatteras, Waves, North Carolina. There were originally 30 sites available. I am not sure if there are anymore sites still available. Since this rally is so close time-wise, I will have to say just go to the TDC website for contact info to find out if there are still sites available.

January 14-18 2015 TDC Gathering for the Florida Super Show in Tampa Florida. The Show is HUGE but the TDC was only given 20 sites. Many of thosed sites may be already reserved. The TDC would still like to meet people that either haven't joined the TDC yet or aren't Thor Diesel coach owners yet. So if you are already going to the Tampa RV show, come by the group of Thor Diesel coaches and introduce yourself. We would love to meet you.
If you want more information on the Florida RV show (other than the TDC parts) you can go to FRVTA - Florida RV Trade Association

May 3-8 2015 TDC Spring Rally will be at Pine Mountain RV Resort in Pine Mountain, Georgia. The resort is just south of Atlanta right outside Callaway Gardens. the website for the resort is: Pine Mountain RV Resort in Georgia - RVC Outdoor Destination. The location of the resort is Pine Mountain RV Resort
8804 Hamilton Rd Pine Mountain, GA 31822

October 4-9 2015 is the TDC International Rally at the Elkhart Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana. The TDC is still looking for rally masters for this rally. Contact the TDC for more information on being a rally master.

April/May 2016 the TDC Spring Rally will be at the River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. Exact dates have not been confirmed yet. Details for the rally will be posted as they become available.

This list is for the big rallys. Mini rallys have been known to pop up on the calendar from time to time. I will post details as they become available or you can go to the TDC website for more information.

Karen

Rally Masters for Goshen rally are locked on.

tcopeland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Would that be you, Tom? Way to go! Got a feeling that if the Master Gunny plans something, it'll be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Rally Masters for Goshen rally are locked on.
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Not me. Will I'm one of the team. Al is the chief . Gary and I are his goofers.
tcopeland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:23 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Not me. Will I'm one of the team. Al is the chief . Gary and I are his goofers.
Tom,

Not sure if that was an autocorrect, typo or intended, but I think either way it is correct!

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Karen,
I signed up for the Tampa gathering and Pine Mountain so really looking forward to them.

Where did you get the number of spaces at Tampa limited to 20? They flyer said they would like to see more than 30. I left a voicemail with Ron Rickard to find out the current number signed up.
Butte64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #7

Thank you Tom and Gary. (Yes, I think the "goofer" was spot on!!) We are very thankful to our Rally Masters. I know it is a tough job and it takes plenty of time and dedication!

To Jerry,
The number of 20 spots at the Tampa rally is the number that was on the flyer that was given out in Goshen. If the actual number is 30 then that is even better! Thanks for the update. You said you already signed up for Pine Mountain. Is that just the registration with the TDC or did you call the campground too? I think the registration may be separate. If you did call the campground did they say anything about all of us being in one area or will we be spread out around the park. Either way Rick and I are excited about the Pine Mountain rally, that is a really beautiful area!
Let me know if you get anymore information
Karen
Old 10-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Karen,
I spoke to Ron today about Tampa. He is trying to get 30 sites but so far has heard from only 6 people who confirm they have signed up. He needs to get more people soon to get more than 20 sites.

Concerning Pine Mountain you have to call the campground for reservation to be with the rally group, you cannot use the website except for checking out sites. I did not know before I called that you can reserve a specific site. TDC has sites 106-151 and I reserved 139. I have not looked at the site map yet to see if I want to change but here is a chance for all Palazzos to get together if they don't mind being near Trixie and me.

The phone number is 706-663-4329 option 3.

The signup form also needs to go to Rally Master Judi McGee.
Butte64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Karen,
I spoke to Ron today about Tampa. He is trying to get 30 sites but so far has heard from only 6 people who confirm they have signed up. He needs to get more people soon to get more than 20 sites.

Concerning Pine Mountain you have to call the campground for reservation to be with the rally group, you cannot use the website except for checking out sites. I did not know before I called that you can reserve a specific site. TDC has sites 106-151 and I reserved 139. I have not looked at the site map yet to see if I want to change but here is a chance for all Palazzos to get together if they don't mind being near Trixie and me.

The phone number is 706-663-4329 option 3.

The signup form also needs to go to Rally Master Judi McGee.
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for the info. I am thinking since we had 19 people at the Goshen rally that added their name to that list for the Tampa Show, people are probably thinking they are already signed up. I will call Ron tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
As far as the Pine Mountain rally, I haven't even looked at the campground website yet. But thanks for the info.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #10

OK Palazzo Owners,
If you all want to be in the same area at Pine Mountain Ga. since Jerry has said that he is in site # 139 then from looking at the map, if you have a Palazzo you may want to focus on sites 124-139 (Just a suggestion). The TDC has sites 106-151 reserved for the rally.
As you make your reservation and you know your site # if you will post it either here or on the TDC website rally forum I can try to make a list of where everyone is along with your name.
Thanks,
Karen
Old 10-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #11

For the Tampa Show January 13-18 You have to FIRST go to FRVTA - Florida RV Trade Association and sign up and pay. Make sure in the NAME OF GROUP line you put THOR DIESEL CLUB Jan. 13-18. Next enter all of your credit card info and hit submit. Once you do that you will get an email showing your payment reciept. Next call Ron Rickert and let him known you have paid and he will add you to the list. 732-233-6864
Our group will assemble between NOON and 1PM on January 13th and caravan into our section. YOU MUST ARRIVE ON TIME AS PART OF OUR GROUP TO BE PARKED TOGETHER!
Our arrival is actually BEFORE the show opens so we want to be together and orderly to go into the parking area to avoid causing a "why are they allowed in and not us" nightmare for the convention center staff. PLEASE be on time!
Once we are parked in our section we will get 30amp service but not till about 5PM so plan accordingly. In other words come with a FULL TANK OF FUEL, EMPTY WASTE TANKS, AND FULL FRESH WATER TANK. This will assure you are operational until 5PM when we get our hook-ups.
No reservations will be excepted after December 15, 2014. Please make this as easy as possible on Ron and the TDC by getting your registration in EARLY!

Thank you, and hey, let's have fun out there.............
Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #12

Our sea of Palazzos has started!! I have heard from a couple other Palazzo Owners about the Pine Mountain, GA spring rally May 3-8 2015. Here are some of the sites/owners:

131 Don Voyage (Don)
132 BoDu (Bob and Rita)
138 RKNOLA (Rick and Karen)
139 Butte64 (Jerry)

I am trying to get a list of site #/name together for the rally. It makes it so much easier to remember everyone's names that way. So, if you have called the campground and reserved your spot already (706-663-4329 option 3). Post your site # either on IRV2 or the TDC website so I can include your name on the list.
As I said before, the TDC has sites # 106-151 reserved for the rally. If you have a Palazzo and you would like to be parked next to other Palazzo Owners, focus your site choices on sites # 124-137 (JUST A SUGGESTION). You are free to pick any site, the map of the park is available on the park's website: Pine Mountain RV Resort in Georgia - RVC Outdoor Destination

The dates for the spring rally 2016 have been determined. The dates will be: April 24-29 2016 at River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. Registration for that rally will start on/around the time of the 2015 Goshen, Indiana rally which will be October 4-9 2015 at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. You will still be able to register for the 2016 spring rally if you don't go to Goshen in October 2015. All you will have to do is go to the TDC website and click on the "rallies" link for more information.

If anyone has any further questions you can feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
Karen
Old 10-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #13

Susan and I have site #130.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
Susan and I have site #130.

Thank you Ron and Susan. I will add you to my list. We look forward to seeing you at the rally!

Tags
rally