Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #183

How do you access/find the LBCU set up menu.
Thanks,
2018 Palazzo 33.2
HaRVey 74.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey 74.5 View Post
How do you access/find the LBCU set up menu.
Thanks,
2018 Palazzo 33.2
a 2018 will have one of two Firefly panels. In mine, the early smaller monochrome LCD panel, it's one of the buttons in the power menu, possibly called I/C settings or something to that effect. Poke around there and you'll find it.

I don't think it's called Low Battery Cutoff though. I'll be in mine this weekend so if you can't find it i can supply a picture.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo-tek View Post
a 2018 will have one of two Firefly panels. In mine, the early smaller monochrome LCD panel, it's one of the buttons in the power menu, possibly called I/C settings or something to that effect. Poke around there and you'll find it.

I don't think it's called Low Battery Cutoff though. I'll be in mine this weekend so if you can't find it i can supply a picture.
Haha, I said LBCU not LBCO, the LBCU is the screen on the drivers instrument panel. I found how to access the LBCU setup screen on the Freightliner forum (hold joystick to the right for 5 seconds) so you can set date, time, display and checklist items.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey 74.5 View Post
Haha, I said LBCU not LBCO, the LBCU is the screen on the drivers instrument panel. I found how to access the LBCU setup screen on the Freightliner forum (hold joystick to the right for 5 seconds) so you can set date, time, display and checklist items.
Silly me. Learn a little every day. Has you said the dash screen i might have known but LBCU is still a mystery to me. What does it stand for?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #187

Quote:
Silly me. Learn a little every day. Has you said the dash screen i might have known but LBCU is still a mystery to me. What does it stand for?
LBCU = Light Bar Control Unit, not that it makes much sense as it doesn't control anything (except possibly the driver who is constantly frustrated by it...)
Old 09-04-2019, 10:59 PM   #188

Really very easy...... with the key in "accessory"(half turn) position. Hold the toggle switch on the freightliner dash panel to right for 5 seconds. Then you can reset AND add when you want it to come on again. Actually you can do this for oil, air, fuel filters and generator plus others. Set your own warning light times with what you want or stick with what freightliner/ allison chose. It's something I learned by calling in today and had vehicle for 6 years now.
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #189

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sttom View Post
Just so you all know. I'm still very excited about my purchase of the Palazzo. I did a LOT of research and I think I made the right choice. So far, even though new, I've tried the long slide out many times with no hiccups and no metal shavings (knock on wood!). I expect some things that will need fixing which is why some people like to buy a one or two year old RV because they expect the previous owner took care of the minor issues. So far, other than the anomalous transmission thing going on I have found one screw missing from a valance, the back splash in the kitchen was slightly loose and a rattle in the dinette seat. All of these can easily be fixed. I love the ride and overall I think the fit and finish is top notch. I looked at the Tiffin Breeze 32br, Fleetwood Excusion 33d, Tiffin Allegro RED, Winnebago Forza/Solei, Fleetwood Bounder, Thor Challenger 35BH and found the Palazzo on par and in many cases above the others in fit and finish. My dealer has told me they would be happy to take my coach to the local Freight Liner service center to have the transmission hooked up to their diagnostic to determine if there is anything wrong. in the mean time I'm taking a short trip this weekend. The transmission has no issues if I just leave it in "D" and don't touch the up or down arrow. I am a "glass is half full" type and I am so far a happy Palazzo owner!

STTOM - I don't know if you have solved your trans issue, but with our 2016 Palazzo, we had either the same or very similar issue. It turned out that there was a recall on the Allison Trans. We pulled into a Detroit Diesel who plugged a computer into our Palazzo, applied the recall fix, and 30 minutes later we were driving away with a perfectly working trans. It might be something you should look into.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:52 PM   #190

That sounds great. We too love our 2015 palazzo. I have, I think, the exact same problem. I don't dare touch those arrows. About a year ago we took our RV and had the recall work done but it did not fix or issue. In fact I think it might be worse now. When I'm in D, I have to put in reverse before I can put it in neutral. I have the RV at freightliner this week to have them fix the transmission. We have some 12° grades in the NC mountains and it would be nice to be able to manually shift down every now and then. I will let you know if I get it fixed. I'm terrified st what it might cost though.
sttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttom View Post
... We have some 12° grades in the NC mountains and it would be nice to be able to manually shift down every now and then. I will let you know if I get it fixed. I'm terrified st what it might cost though.
12° grades !! Yikes.
When I tackle an 8° grade (for a mile) my speed goes to 30 MPH. I am towing a six thousand pound (+) Expedition. I wonder if I could do something to improve my speed(?)
tucson.don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #192

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson.don View Post
12° grades !! Yikes.
When I tackle an 8° grade (for a mile) my speed goes to 30 MPH. I am towing a six thousand pound (+) Expedition. I wonder if I could do something to improve my speed(?)

Downgrade to an 1800 lb Ford Focus
Old 10-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #193

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can get a pool noodle and cut it into pieces and then slide them onto your blinds to keep them from rattling while you drive. You'd be amazed at how much of the driving rattle comes from those blinds.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:59 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane n Lora View Post
You can get a pool noodle and cut it into pieces and then slide them onto your blinds to keep them from rattling while you drive. You'd be amazed at how much of the driving rattle comes from those blinds.
Actually you can secure the night blind with the knob for the window. I do this and it doesn't rattle. I was looking for pictures and couldn't find any but will be out and about next week and can share if you need them.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #195

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Actually you can secure the night blind with the knob for the window. I do this and it doesn't rattle. I was looking for pictures and couldn't find any but will be out and about next week and can share if you need them.

But, wouldn't that require you to close the blinds? We like to travel with our blinds open. If you do find a photo, I'd be interested in seeing them?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #196

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
As Berlin says---your coach has air brakes--when parked the air locks only the rear tires--- without air the transmission in park will lock only rear wheels.

Russell
Are you sure that the spring lock pods are not on the front axle? I had an IH 1800 truck that had spring lock pods on the front axle as well as the rear axle. I have not been under the Freight Liner to check. We are new owners. Thanks

Tow Dolly with Mini Cooper Countryman R60
OldWrench is offline   Reply With Quote