RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #1

Things you didn't know about your Palazzo thread...

What are some things that most people do not know about their Palazzo? Interesting little bits of information, odd facts, interesting tricks....LIST EVERYTHING YOU KNOW THAT YOU THINK SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT NOT!!!!

Please add year and model...

Ill start with a couple... 2014 early build, 33.3.

* I turn the ignition switch to the left (counter clockwise) to turn on the overhead fan.

* There is light in the exterior front hood.

* I press and hold the bottom portion of the generator switch till the flashing light goes solid. This is an indication that the generator is primed. I then press the top portion of the switch to turn on the generator (light turns solid). To shut off, I press the bottom portion of the switch.

* When in travel mode and the pins are in place of the overhead bed, I lower the bed to put pressure on the pins so the overhead bed and pins does not rattle.

Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 10:48 PM   #2

Here are some more useful things to know.

With the Dometic Thermostat in the Off position, push either + or - and the display shows the current temperature. I already posted that you can switch the temperature from Centigrade to Fahrenheit by pushing the + and - simultaneously.
The cable TV hookup is hidden in the compartment with the water connection. It is located upper left.
The only outside 120V receptacle is located in the large bay.

Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #3

Here's a few more...
-there is an Air Supply Connection in the front generator compartment, top left area, for airing up your bike tires, or even your coach tires if needed. I actually leave my 50' air supply line in this compartment(wrapped around one of the main chassis beams) for quick access to air when needed.
-the main slide on my 33.3 bunk house has a 'entry point' into the coach when the slide is out(for the kitchen plumbing, wiring, etc). I use this to run additional coax or extension cords from the outside when needed. This entry is thru the velcroed 'slide bag' under the kitchen drawer area, with access via the wooden panel cover.
-the Exhaust Brake switch not only provides help in downshifting and braking, but also helps contain your speed when downhilling in Cruise Control.
-The BOMB(box of many buttons, for TV devices) in the upper cabinet only has to be 'ON' when searching for OTR(Anntena) signals. Cable, DVD, SAT, etc should all work without the box on.
-the main Awning is designed to accept additional add ons, such as the privacy/sun shade that 'slides in' the groove on the exposed roller. It also allows this shade to be rolled in automatically with the awning - no need to remove.
-your Sound Bar under the main tv can be moved to the front and mounted easily under the front cabinets if you wish to have better sound while driving. It's a plug and play style connection, so switching it to connect to your Sirius/Xm or iPod/iPhone should be easy.
-your Air Bags will not lower when in Drive or Reverse, but I suppose if you really needed to clear a very low object, you could stop, put in Neutral, Lower the bags, quickly put in Drive, and hope to clear the object before the bags re-inflate fully.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ferdinand,

This thread is a great idea!

I did not know that I could turn on the rear camera full time until folks here told me so. To do this, you push the 2nd small button above the volume knob, then scroll down and touch the screen under 'camera'. Will help you watch your toad all the time, but will change to side cameras any time turn signal is on.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Thanks
Now this is a GOOD thread.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #6

Cruse control setting will remain in the computer after you turn the ignition off. Next time you start the engine and hit the road just hit resume to go to your last set speed.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #7

If you are using the onboard air for your tires you can raise the rpm of the engine by engaging the cruise control. This will maintain higher pressure in the line.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

If your cooling fan in the inverter bay keeps running you can replace the non adjustable temp sensor with an attic fan controller from any hardware store. You can set the temp to shut off at a lower temp.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #9

Here are some more.

The top information menu can be cleared on the backup camera screen by touching it. This gives a lot better coverage and lets me see some vital things going on behind me.

I did not like the side camera option that comes on with the turn signal. It switches to the side camera right when I need to check behind me. I unplugged the side camera input into the Jensen so now I only get the back camera.

If the front shade need to be reprogrammed you can follow the instructions supplied by Thor. If you no longer have them you can download them here http://www.mcdinnovations.com/files/...nersManual.pdf
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #10

The black/grey tank outlet will swivel. I turned mine to horizontal and added a 90 degree clear elbow which places the outlet in line with the hole in the floor.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #11

If you have a buzz in your sound bar, install a ground loop isolator between the tv and the sound bar
Old 07-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #12

Must do easy modifications -

- Lower your tire pressure to 95 (definitely not 120 as they come from the factory)
- Replace your shower head with this one - Oxygenics 26481 BodySpa Shower Head, Brushed Nickel
- Get the new fridge latch from Thor. Call Total Value RV in Elkhart to buy one.
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Must do easy modifications -

- Lower your tire pressure to 95 (definitely not 120 as they come from the factory)
- Replace your shower head with this one - Oxygenics 26481 BodySpa Shower Head, Brushed Nickel
- Get the new fridge latch from Thor. Call Total Value RV in Elkhart to buy one.
Do you get better water flow/pressure with the new head?
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
If you are using the onboard air for your tires you can raise the rpm of the engine by engaging the cruise control. This will maintain higher pressure in the line.
Do you just push in the end of turn signal stalk after revving up the engine a bit? What RPM recommended?

Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote