Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #1

Thor Palazzo 33.2

I am new to RVing and now i the market to purchase my first unit. I have been looking for a Diesel Pusher mainly due to the advantages it will provide. I have limited my choices to three units; Fleetwood Excursion 33D, Thor Palazzo 33.2 and the Tiffin 32 BR. Each has different advantages and disadvantages, I have my favorite. Put at this point I am more concern with the workmanship, construction, durability, and manufactures ability to stand behind their product. If anyone has any insight or experience with the Thor Palazzo 33.2, I would appreciate it.
PaulE253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
KC

I don’t own one but I looked at two at the Elkhart RV show and I did not like the fit in finish. It felt like the interior compartment doors were going to fall off.

KC
Old 08-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

Had one and traded it. Best thing I can tell you as you are new to the forum is to go to the search forum an key in "palazzo 33.2" there will be 600 or so comments. Under just that search.

And welcome to the forum.

Russell.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Palazzo is TMC's entry level DP. They were a brand new product just a few years ago and had growing pains for slide issues (now seen in several brands that use the same system) but if buying new, TMC has reportedly been working the bugs out.

The rest of the RV is made with systems standard to the industry and the Palazzo line offers a price point that is rare in the market segment...plus all Thor motorhome have metal frames bonded into the walls and ceiling, and extra long sub-flooring that is not seen in other brands to reduce joints (joints squeek).

There are many happy owners here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/list...189689-16.html
If looking at a DP, the new Palazzo would be high on my shopping list.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE253 View Post
I am new to RVing and now i the market to purchase my first unit. I have been looking for a Diesel Pusher mainly due to the advantages it will provide. I have limited my choices to three units; Fleetwood Excursion 33D, Thor Palazzo 33.2 and the Tiffin 32 BR. Each has different advantages and disadvantages, I have my favorite. Put at this point I am more concern with the workmanship, construction, durability, and manufactures ability to stand behind their product. If anyone has any insight or experience with the Thor Palazzo 33.2, I would appreciate it.
Maybe I missed it but.. what year 33.2 ???
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #6

Hard to tell-- OP posted similar post on Fleetwood & Tiffin sites. Looks like maybe he considering a 2016 Tiffin?

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE253 View Post
Visit a couple of different campgrounds and talk to owners of Motorhomes of all makes and models. That is usually where you are going to get your best unbiased opinions on the various brands. Do A LOT of research before you buy! Regret can be expensive and frustrating no matter what the reason is for the regret!
Good Luck!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #8

Thor Motor Coach has been upgrading owners' slides (Large full wall slide) to triple rails. The earlier 33.2's had only two rails which were problematic for some owners. Good Luck!
paid-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #9

love ours... 25k miles in 12 months : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor