Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #15

Thanks. I think I got it. Was the technician able to do most of the work by himself?

Regards...
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #16

yep...I helped for a couple of things but he could have done it without me if he had to.

I was errand boy and tool supplier...but didn't mind since it was helping me out. I ran to get a pneumatic riveting gun from Harbor freight. They use stainless steel rivets and a manual riveter would have been real tough.

I also had 2 floor jacks and boards to help raise/lower the big slide. Also a ladder.

As I said above, the dealer didn't come through as they expected so when we moved the repair to my hangar, I figured I had all the extra things that the dealer would usually provide.

Lastly, I think I got him hooked on Cheese Runzas...ha ha. Runza is a regional fast food place that has a wide variety of things to eat but started out with a meat, cabbage, onion and cheese filling within a bread roll. You should try it if traveling through Nebraska :-)
alindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
I saw the installed third track installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Not at all surprised. Took them 7.5 weeks to answer my E-mail. By then I had already traded my palazzo off.

When they did answer it they stated they found it in their junk mail. Lol
(Along side my palazzo I think ha)

You need to get aggressive I think. I am rather sure that they just sent techs out to fix one that broke. And I believe that they got to it in less than 3 weeks.

Im also hearing that they are putting the 3rd rail on some of the older coaches. I've heard of two coaches that they have done that on. (Note I did not talk to either owner -I got both stories 2 hand??)

Russell
In my touring around I had the pleasure of a few overnights at the home of our friend Mr. PalazzoBlues.

He had a slide jam up and in a few weeks is planning to take his family to Disney. Working and such a short time schedule, Tony at Thor Customer Service arranged for two techs to fly down and fix his slide at the camping world he originally purchased from. They were both very well trained and professional in their service. They replaced both ends of the large slide with a new Lippart/Schintek Drive assemblies. With an additional top third track. Total repair time was approx 2 1/2 hours and the slide works perfectly.

But here is the catch, The third track installed at top was secured to side wall with 3M Double sided high strength tape with screws into side skin. Their is no backer support on the older coaches for these screws to go into just the skin. But I think with the 3M high strengh tape and the screws being added support in a shear load will help. The new assy had the additional bearing block to drive this new track.

Mitch.....aka Mr Palazzoblues was so pleased that he wrote a beautiful thank you email commending the two tech's, the customer support with his up coming trip. I can see that Thor when out of their way to help him even with all of the bad press he had given on them in the past. I was impressed also.

Additionally, while at CW.......One would think they would have their own tech's stand by and look over the shoulder's of these highly trained tech's..........they scattered! So when it comes to a slide issue, Thor should be the only ones to touch it!

Just my 2 cent's on the Great Customer Service and ability of others [CW]
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, thor