Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #1

Towel Rack on bathroom door

We got our new 2016 33.2 in November. Unfortunately, we were missing a couple of items--the air mattress for our sofa bed and the door mounted towel rack for the bathroom. Thor sent the items directly to us and we got them today.

The air mattress is fine but we have no idea how three thin metal bars are supposed to be the towel rack. I know they pivot out from the door so you have space to hang the towels but how do you mount these bars? There must be some pieces missing?? Shouldn't there be a couple of vertical metal bars that the horizontal bars mount into??

If someone has this towel rack, can you post a picture of how yours is mounted? I am including a picture of the three bars they sent us. I hope the image is viewable. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if we are missing part of the towel holder or not. Thanks for your help! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449284112.473562.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	113404

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #2

Looks like you need two wooden vertical bars with holes. The picture only shows a portion of it, but it is the only one I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06633.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	113405  

Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #3

We have the same exact year and model, came off the assembly line end of October. There is two side rails made of wood the wire racks fit into, see pic. Just wondering, did you get a remote with you dash camera/radio system. I know of several other owners that were shorted the remote which allows you to access more features I'm told.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151204_191523.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	113406  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #4

Thanks for all the quick replies and pics! I think we are missing the upright wooden mounts. I will check tomorrow at our storage facility. We have the dark red cabinetry in our 33.2 so I will have to request these from Thor as I don't think they are on the door now.

I think we did get the remote for the big screen radio system. I will double check tomorrow. We had difficulty turning ours off and found it was not fully seated into the mounting face. All is good now after we set it into the slot properly.

We had a leak on the washer drain hose at delivery but got that repaired quickly. We also had a popping noise when we turned sharply to the left or right. Took it to Freightliner and it was a piece of trim that needed to be cut away. We had leaks in the air system so Freightliner quickly fixed that issue and it's holding air properly now. All minor issues we expect from a new RV.

We love it and it drives so much better than our Class C we traded in!

Thanks again for the replies and pics! Very helpful and much appreciated!
Old 12-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #5

We too have noticed a popping sound coming from the frame between the two front seats occasionally. Also have a squeaking noise coming from the right rear tires assembly. Removed the hubcap and recentered along with adding some thin rubber where the valve stem extensions clamp on the the rim. Will see if that quiets the noise. Was the fix for the popping sound something that took all day?
Thanks
Old 12-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #6

Our popping noise was the pitman arm hitting the hard plastic interior wheel well trim during tight turns. Freightliner cut the trim out of the way so the arm wouldn't rub against it with every turn. It appeared Thor left the trim too long. After trimming it, the arm easily clears it now. We used Premier Trucks/Freightliner Dallas and got there when they opened so we could get a tech to look at it early. Still took half a day and we had called the day before to make sure we could get in. I don't think they accept appointments. They have a dedicated RV bay but that's about it. No dedicated RV tech. It was the Dallas location at Bonnie View and I-20.

We also had an air leak and they replaced the seal on one airbag that wasn't holding pressure so that took some time too. All warranty work.

We still have one more area where the front tire rubs the black plastic wheel well liner on the passenger side. Looking at the driver side, it appears to be missing a screw to keep the plastic from bowing out so the tire catches on it with really tight turns. Not a huge problem, just annoying.

Tags
door, tow