RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Two big trips and a fair well

I just completed two big trips, one to Yellowstone N.P. and one to the area of Denver, more specifically to the Longmount Camping World Facility. My Palazzo 33.2 behaved flawlessly. The dashboard panel never went down as it did that one time I reported here. I do not know why it only happened once. The only difference this time was that I used the engine key by itself, separated from the rest of the bunch. May be less stress on the key assembly? No idea. It could be a coincidence or it could be a simple important remedy to that glitch, at least in my case. I encourage the use of the separated key for the engine, in case there is something true to it. The slides behaved flawlessly as well. No other glitches to report. The only weakness I found, which is not specific to the Palazzo is that of considerable sensitivity to gusty winds, of which there were plenty on both trips, up to forty miles per hour. We the stabilization bar I felt I could control the coach quite well, but it was work, especially if you add one big rig after another speeding past you and adding their own pushing and shoving. But this is typical of the driving in the west high desert regions. It is always windy and gusty. This brings me to the reason of the second big trip to Longmont, Colorado. I wanted to change to a tag axle rig, following the advice of my son who had already gone from a faeton single axle to an American Coach, tag axle. He insisted that the tag axle drives much better in windy conditions especially when gusty. I got convinced and just yesterday I traded in my Palazzo for an Entegra Coach 42QRB an intimidating beast forty three feet long with a tag axle. I have definitely mixed feeling about saying good buy to my Palazzo, because I sincerely believe that it is a beautiful coach, that, in my case was practically perfect from the get go. Not everybody will ever experience the bad situations we have seen on this forum, Palazzoblues comes to mind. I believe those are rare unfortunate cases of bad luck. I think you have a very good machine in your hands and should be proud of it. I think people that are considering buying a Palazzo, but are scared by the few unfortunate incidents, please by with confidence, there are many more satisfied customers like myself, than frustrated angry customers. The latter will be all over this forum, quite the former will probably go driving their coaches silently and perfectly happy. Fair well, and thanks to all of you who helped me so much through this forum during the year of ownership of my Palazzo. I was completely new at RVing and you were very helpful in many respect. I will continue to follow your forum to still feel as part of the family.
Mauro
Former 2014 Palazzo 33.2
Present 2014 Entegra Coach 42QRB
2014 Jeep Cherokee

Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Setting in Monument Valley for our final day before moving on.
Finally had a fellow Palazzo owner here with use. They have a 2014 33.2.
His coach and ours have run great.
Back on the road tomorrow to Zion NP.

tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I just completed two big trips, one to Yellowstone N.P. and one to the area of Denver, more specifically to the Longmount Camping World Facility. My Palazzo 33.2 behaved flawlessly. The dashboard panel never went down as it did that one time I reported here. I do not know why it only happened once. The only difference this time was that I used the engine key by itself, separated from the rest of the bunch. May be less stress on the key assembly? No idea. It could be a coincidence or it could be a simple important remedy to that glitch, at least in my case. I encourage the use of the separated key for the engine, in case there is something true to it. The slides behaved flawlessly as well. No other glitches to report. The only weakness I found, which is not specific to the Palazzo is that of considerable sensitivity to gusty winds, of which there were plenty on both trips, up to forty miles per hour. We the stabilization bar I felt I could control the coach quite well, but it was work, especially if you add one big rig after another speeding past you and adding their own pushing and shoving. But this is typical of the driving in the west high desert regions. It is always windy and gusty. This brings me to the reason of the second big trip to Longmont, Colorado. I wanted to change to a tag axle rig, following the advice of my son who had already gone from a faeton single axle to an American Coach, tag axle. He insisted that the tag axle drives much better in windy conditions especially when gusty. I got convinced and just yesterday I traded in my Palazzo for an Entegra Coach 42QRB an intimidating beast forty three feet long with a tag axle. I have definitely mixed feeling about saying good buy to my Palazzo, because I sincerely believe that it is a beautiful coach, that, in my case was practically perfect from the get go. Not everybody will ever experience the bad situations we have seen on this forum, Palazzoblues comes to mind. I believe those are rare unfortunate cases of bad luck. I think you have a very good machine in your hands and should be proud of it. I think people that are considering buying a Palazzo, but are scared by the few unfortunate incidents, please by with confidence, there are many more satisfied customers like myself, than frustrated angry customers. The latter will be all over this forum, quite the former will probably go driving their coaches silently and perfectly happy. Fair well, and thanks to all of you who helped me so much through this forum during the year of ownership of my Palazzo. I was completely new at RVing and you were very helpful in many respect. I will continue to follow your forum to still feel as part of the family.
Mauro
Former 2014 Palazzo 33.2
Present 2014 Entegra Coach 42QRB
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Wow, quite a story.
Well as much as I like my Palazzo I can understand moving up to the Entegra and can't say I would not do the same if I could. I got to walk through one recently and was impressed.
Good luck and thanks for the nice farewell message.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Enjoy it mauro!! Post a pic of that new rig.. would love to see it.
We looked at 2010 and 2011 phaeton qkh and qth yesterday. Told them to email me numbers on both with my trade in next week... we'll see if they want to get it off the lot or not..
Really love our coach so will only pull the trigger on an excellent deal..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #5

Thanks for the farewell message and you honest evaluation of your Palazzo experience! Good luck with your new rig and we wish you safe travels! Please check in from time to time and let up know how it is going and post some pictures.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CONGRATS on the Entegra! And thanks for the positive remarks. You are so right, that there are many, many satisfied owners for each unhappy one - and that applies to all brands.

This does not need to be "Farewell"...but "I'll be over here: Entegra Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums "

There's lots of Entegra owners on iRV2.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #7

Yeah, lets see the new Tag!

I for one agree with you on the nature of forums... you see alot of problem threads and not so much of the good stuff. We are in the catskills right now and will be headed out west soon... I know about the gusty winds and driving slow, but I didnt know that the Tag was that much better in high winds... sounds like the ultimate upgrade! Good luck to the new rig and see you down the road one day.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Here is a picture of the new Entegra Anthem 42RBQ with the Jeep Cherokee in tow, as some of you requested.
Mauro
2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140620_163443.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	66340  
Old 06-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Here is a picture of the new Entegra Anthem 42RBQ with the Jeep Cherokee in tow, as some of you requested.
Mauro
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Very nice! Keep us informed of your experiences with it.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Mauro
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Glad to hear you are ok after the blowout..especially on that big beast..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Yes, everything is fine after the initial scare. I think the big beast saved the day, since it tracked pretty well with not much effort on my part. Definitely, the tag axle helps a lot in stabilizing the ride, both in normal and emergency situations. Unfortunately, this coach will not fit where my good Palazzo 33.2 was fitting comfortably. Got to look for a different (spell more expensive) arrangement. Still following this great forum,

Mauro
ex 2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee