Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #1

Question Warning Brake Message/beeping Problems-2014 Palazzo 33.2

Looking for some answers to a recent problem. I've been receiving sporadically (more frequent now) a message to set the brakes along with with the beeping sound. However, I've set the brakes, but continue to get the message and the beeping does not stop even when removing the keys. Also started the get engine warning light. I've restarted the engine and repeated the process of setting the transmission on neutral and setting the brakes. This often stops the problem, but sometimes it does not. Also, I'm unable to level the coach as it tells me to set the brakes. Am I doing something wrong? Would appreciate any input. Thanks for your help

David
Dvillalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you putting the transmission in neutral before setting the brake? I don't know if this is the problem or not but I have sometimes put the transmission in gear with the brake still set and get the beeping sound.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #3

Gary & Kay
Thanks. I tried both methods. First setting the transmission in neutral and then setting the brakes. Also, leaving the transmission in drive and setting the brakes and its doesn't seem to have an impact as still receive brake warning/beeping.

David
Dvillalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have a Freightliner dealer or an Allison transmission dealer nearby I would have them check out the problem.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #5

how is the air pressure? Do you have good pressure? If yes, the pressure sensor may not be getting a good read and sending a false alarm... but I agree, have it looked at as well.

here is a recent thread on air leaks...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/air-leak-197357.html

As for not leveling, how does the ATF fluid level look... it should be almost full when the jacks are up.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #6

Ferdinand
Thanks. The air pressure gauges reading appear normal (about 140), The ATF fluid level is normal. So, it appears I may be headed to the freightliner service center. I was hoping/wishing for a quick fix. Thanks
David
Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvillalo View Post
Looking for some answers to a recent problem. I've been receiving sporadically (more frequent now) a message to set the brakes along with with the beeping sound. However, I've set the brakes, but continue to get the message and the beeping does not stop even when removing the keys. Also started the get engine warning light. I've restarted the engine and repeated the process of setting the transmission on neutral and setting the brakes. This often stops the problem, but sometimes it does not. Also, I'm unable to level the coach as it tells me to set the brakes. Am I doing something wrong? Would appreciate any input. Thanks for your help

David
What is voltage of your coach batteries? I picked mine up from dealer service dept a couple weeks ago, batteries were WAY down, and I was getting all sorts of beeps, etc. Got them charged, problem went away.
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #8

Ed

Thanks. I had not checked the voltage of the coach batteries as a source of the problem, but I make it a practice to hook it up to electric power frequently to ensure batteries are charged. I'll keep an eye for this. The unit is at the Freightliner center. They said they'll look at the "check engine" codes to decipher the issue. I hope it;s something simple. Thanks to everyone for their input.

David
Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
David,

Let us know what the problem turns out to be.

Gary
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
I have had this same problem over the winter. Our unit stays plugged in to 20amp service. I've called Freightliner twice over this same issue. They told me I need to bring it in to have it checked out.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #11

Well I picked up my unit yesterday from the Freightliner repair facility ($57 charge-item not covered under warranty). They told me the unit had a loose electrical connection on the brake sensor. The loose connection was behind the yellow brake button. I didn't look underneath (too hard to get in there). It appears the problem has been fixed as I have not had the same problem. Don't know if Gingerela has the same issue, but it may be worthwhile to check the sensor connection. Hope this helps.

David
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #12

glad it all worked out... good to know, thank you for sharing.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good to know that it wasn't anything major. Was the $57 charge to reconnect that loose electrical connection?

Tags
brake