Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #15

Difficulty installing cartridge

I have the new cartridge from Anderson Brass and believe I have followed all instructions yet cannot get the brass cap into place. I talked with Don and did check that I had the washer turned in the right direction but no joy. Thing is, I can take off the washer and spring and I still cannot get the brass cap turned into the locking position. Is there some trick to seating the cartridge so that I can get it in further? I have run my finger into the opening and can feel no obstruction.

BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
There's a all tab that must be lined up....... Right Don!

tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:48 AM   #17

Check to make sure that you have the set screw turned all the way out.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:20 AM   #18

I had a lot of difficulty and in fact could not get the cap on until I had everything lined up just right. That means the initial position of the valve handle is just like the picture in the instructions and the washer key is in the right position. As a clue when it is all lined up the cap screws on effortlessly. If I ever do another cartridge I will be ready to turn the valve with a vice grip until I see that all is aligned and the washer goes in all the way. OTOH I am glad to see that I am not the only one having problems with the valve, and Bob is among the handier owners.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #19

Bob, I re-read your post and see that you may have a different problem that I thought. You may have some debris in the cylinder such as a piece of rubber. You could try to look in there or uses a grabber to pull out anything that might be in there.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #20

Success at last

After looking and probing I determined that there was not an obstruction to the water cartridge. However after much head scratching and a few false starts I tried another course of action. With a high degree of difficulty, I reached the back of the valve and unscrewed the pipe from the valve body. Then I inserted the cartridge firmly and was able to put the washer, spring, and knurled nut back in place. Then I reattached the piping to the valve body. I guess that the piping was on tight enough that the pressure filled enough space that I could not insert the cartridge far enough to seat properly. Pretty tight clearance.

Anyway--frustrations and Christmas out of the way, ready for the Tigers to take care of the Sooners on Thursday afternoon in the Orange Bowl.

Go Tigers!
Clemson '69
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #21

Bob, glad you found a way to install the valve. That is a head scratcher about how you succeeded in installing it. It was sort of an air lock issue.
I have one disagreement with you though. I am a Sooners Alumni and all I will hope for is that both teams show up and play their best game.

Tags
water