Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

Cool What is the absolute Best part of Palazzo

Just purchased and going to pick up in a week, what do O have to look forward to? What are your favorite features of Palazzo?
vynetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will have good fuel mileage for one. When we purchased our 33.1 it was the only model available and we liked the layout. It is easy to maneuver even with a toad.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2 and congrats on your new RV.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here. Good luck with your Palazzo!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The purchase price is the best feature.

Welcome. Be sure to read all the threads in the forum for great education and to know about the good, the bad, and the ugly. A good education will save a lot of problems.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #6

The beauty of the Palazzo is the bang for the buck... everything we wanted in an RV. The chassis, the engine, the layout, mileage, maneuverability, power, technology, storage... off the shelf components for easy replacement... you will have to ring out the kinks, but once its done and over with... its a nice home on wheels. We love this beast!

Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 AM   #7

Everything below the floor. Motor-transmission- power to weight- all great. Fuel milage good. Enjoy your coach. Lot of info on the Palazzo on this site.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #8

Welcome to the palazzo family!

Besides what has already been mentioned I find the biggest plus for buying the Palazzo is the owners that share their knowledge on this forum so please check back often and share your experiences with the rest of us.

If you have not done so already I would suggest joining the Thor Diesel Club, the first year us free! Freightliner Also has a club that you should consider for nothing else but for the discounts. Freightliner also has a two day course, Camp Freightliner, that provides a wealth of information on your chassis.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
I'd say my favorite thing about my Palazzo 36.1 is the bath and a half and the washer and dryer. My rear bath has tons of storage! My son loves sleeping in the drop down bunk. My usual 11.3mpg keeps me happy, too, as does the large refrigerator. I'm particularly happy that it's not the standard side by side type found in most diesel pushers. The large double door lower compartment is very convenient, too, along with the slide out drawer. I love the The LED lights keep the coach cool. The 'shoe bay' located next to the entry steps is also very convenient.

Congrats on your purchase and may you enjoy it as much as we do.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #10

Freightliner chassis, Cummins engine (10.8-11mpg with gen. running 1 AC, fridge and towing Jeep Grand Cherokee). Palazzo size all for a good value price. :-)
And having $100,000 plus in your pocket isn't to shabby either.
Welcome aboard.
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #11

In my search, this is the best entry level DP out there. I believe if you follow the instructions on how all the components work, they usually do. You will read a lot of postings on what is wrong with this product, but we have loved ours from day one. Make sure you take some shakedown trips ASAP. Only disappoint is the short warranty on the coach, I purchased the 5yr extension, but there are deductibles. Welcome to the family.

2013 palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is the absolute Best part of Palazzo

We've had our 33.2 since March and love it! It drives like a dream... very smooth (much better than the Class A gas we used to have... with much better gas mileage). We really appreciate the residential refrigerator, the storage in the bedroom, the double-door basement storage, the floor plan being all on one level (without any humps or bumps to trip over at night), and having equal room on both sides of the bed. Our high school son loves the drop down bunk over the cockpit... that's his space. Oh... and let's not forget about the 10,000 lb towing capacity! Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy!!

Stacie & Tom - RVTexasYall
Thor Palazzo 33.2 pulling 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #13

the huge nightstands on either side of the bed! Beats putting the c-pap machine on the floor!!
the fuel mileage, and great towing capacity!
The best part overall, I would have to say, is the great family of other Palazzo owners.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
the huge nightstands on either side of the bed! Beats putting the c-pap machine on the floor!!
the fuel mileage, and great towing capacity!
The best part overall, I would have to say, is the great family of other Palazzo owners.

Night stands in bedroom for cpap. Had to reply, I am smiling as I type. Ditto. Small world isn't it.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote