Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

What is this bracket for

I was checking the bottom slide seal on my 2013 Palazoo 33.2, when I reach behind it I touched this bracket and it fell out. I then found a second one just laying on the floor under the slide, there is a square cut out that these can drop thru just above the propane tank. It appears they are bolted to the floor and extend up thru the cut out so the T can slide thru the slots under the slide out. Question is are they needed, or is it something used to install the slide out, they where not secured very well so I find it hard to believe they are guides.
Attached Images

therewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #2

i always thought they were the supports to anchor the seatbelts in the booth seats
but, you're probably right about it being something for the slide - thou I really don't know what purpose they serve
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Just and FYI the 2016 models still has 2 of these above the propane gas tank which would be located under the booth seats floor, so they are still being used. I'm was thinking they were some kind of stop used to put less stress on the slide rails and slide exterior frame where seals are located.

Not really sure but going to follow this to see if someone knows for sure what they do!

Safe Travels to All
RDFTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I have a 2016 Palazzo 33.2 too. The ones I have are just hanging on by one bolt. Was wondering what they were used for too. If it is for safety belts mine are worthless. I have an email question for warranty work if I remember I ask him what they are.
TSump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What is this bracket for

Looks like a homemade Samson Post?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #6

Perhaps they are used to support/align the slide when it is first installed
Old 10-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #7

after my previous post, saying that maybe these are as seat belt ANCHORS for the booth seats, I believe I am correct - here's why...
the automotive industry has regulations in place about where/how seat belts are anchored, specifically in this case to the VEHICLE, not to a Slide. If the seat belts where only anchored on the booth seat floor, this would not provide the correct connection point on the vehicle.
Therefore, the seat belts have to be anchored to the Chassis/Vehicle floor itself, which is BELOW the booth seat floor/slide. Since these anchored points cannot MOVE with the slide, these T BRACKETS are used to provide an anchor point, but can stay at the same place as the slide extracts/retracts.

but, maybe I'm wrong - let's call the factory : ?
Old 10-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #8

Mister T I see your logic but don't see how the seat belt can be attached to the chassis and also move the slide in and out.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:48 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
There was a previous posting here discussing those brackets, about a year ago. I believe the answer was not for seat belts but to do with slide function (unfortunately).
Old 10-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
I asked the warranty guy at Thor and he said he did not know what they are for. Asked would he find out and so I am waiting for an answer from him. Hope to find out what they are.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #11

Tsump,
Thanks for looking into this bracket, let us know if you find anything. Last year the wife and I did a 5 month trip thru Canada and Alaska, got to visit Homer stayed on the Spit and took one of the bush plane grizzle bear tours it was great. We did not have our Palazzo at the time, we did it in a 5th wheel.
therewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Tsump,
Thanks for looking into this bracket, let us know if you find anything. Last year the wife and I did a 5 month trip thru Canada and Alaska, got to visit Homer stayed on the Spit and took one of the bush plane grizzle bear tours it was great. We did not have our Palazzo at the time, we did it in a 5th wheel.
Well if you are every this way again need to stop and say hi. Watching the bears is a neat thing to watch. I hope he will get back with me on those brackets mine are about to fall off.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
The person that I have been talking to about my warranty work at Thor told me that these are called a T bar. This goes under the slide to prevent it from moving forward or back while it is all way in. I am thinking it must lock the slide some how so it does not slide out while driving. He was very short with his answer. So I am going to bolt mine down better for sure. Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #14

that might make sense, though I'm not sure why you'd have two so close together, up front, and none all the way back through the 20' super slide like mine - but, I guess it makes sense in keeping the floor of the slide room from shifting forward/backward when hitting the brakes or heading up hills. This would provide a case to keep the room from 'racking' out of plumb.