Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Visa and MasterCard.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Intellitec 145 water pump controller.$40

Bob
the trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
sorry Im answering so late... I got the relay on amazon and the bird from an RV site (cant remember the name)...

Funny, my water pump just went bad while on the rest stop... pulled in the campground and 30 minutes later... back in business. So Im good in that department for awhile...

I think I will add the water selection valve to the list.... feel like it is getting sloppy when turning.

Are you on your original water selection valve? I am on my second one and feel the same way that it feels sloppy when turning.
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
Are you on your original water selection valve? I am on my second one and feel the same way that it feels sloppy when turning.
yes, still have the original... do you remember the model number of the cartridge you've installed? How long ago was that? TIA
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
yes, still have the original... do you remember the model number of the cartridge you've installed? How long ago was that? TIA
Replaced it in January of this year. Here is the link. Anderson Brass Company | Manufacturers of Miniature Ball Valves, Brass Ball Valves, Drain Valves, Specialty Valves, Check Valves, Mulit-port Valves in Hartsville, SC

Used the repair kit 200RV-RK which Anderson sent me under warranty. In my case when I was hooked up to city water, my fresh water tank would fill and then the overflow would slowly drip. One of the washers in the cartridge was crimped in a spot thus allowing a slow trickle to the fill of the fresh water. It was a very straight forward fix. You have to remember to empty your fresh water tank before changing it, because the back flow prevents you replacing the retainer for the cartridge.
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #20

thanks for the link... in my case, I hear the water pump turn on every now and then. There is no leak anywhere... but I hear circulation at the water select valve area. Im thinking water is getting passed an o ring and the pump sees it as a leak...

yesterday while driving.... while running our generator and 2 ac, our generator shut off... I was thinking bad pressure switch, fuel filter or fuel pump.... after a couple of minutes I noticed I was at 1/4 tank fuel mark.... first time I was happy getting fuel.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
I have the "sloppy" valve. It will click but not be in the correct position and I will get the water pump cycling. So far, placing the handle in the 270 degree position has eliminated the problem.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Boy View Post
Billy,

How many miles on your 33.3 so far? I know you tailgate quite a bit (lots of generator hours) and make the DisneyWorld run fairly often...Any breakdowns of note?

We are pushing 30,000 miles on our 33.3. Have not had much in the way of chassis issues, but I did have a front shock mount get loose and rattle. I thought it was a bad king pin or something, so I was relieved it was so simple.

Gary
Just rolled in from Camp Gulf around Destin, FL a couple hours ago. Hit 23,000 miles on the way home. Not close to the miles you have in such a short time. Coach is 3 years old this month and still kicking.
Also had the generator dropped for the 1, 000 hour service last month. Runs better than ever.. just in time for football season.. ha ha

Love this thing !!! We saw about 7 tuscanys and 1 palazzo at camp gulf. DW actually gave the ok to move up to a tuscany but I dont think I can pull the trigger for now. I have spent so much time and money to get this one just like I wanted I cant let it go.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Just rolled in from Camp Gulf around Destin, FL a couple hours ago. Hit 23,000 miles on the way home. Not close to the miles you have in such a short time. Coach is 3 years old this month and still kicking.
Also had the generator dropped for the 1, 000 hour service last month. Runs better than ever.. just in time for football season.. ha ha

Love this thing !!! We saw about 7 tuscanys and 1 palazzo at camp gulf. DW actually gave the ok to move up to a tuscany but I dont think I can pull the trigger for now. I have spent so much time and money to get this one just like I wanted I cant let it go.
My wife and I fell in love with Camp Gulf this April. We stayed there right before going to the mini-rally in Louisiana. We got to park right on the sand facing the ocean--something she dearly loves.

We still really like our Palazzo. Like you, I just about have everything the way I want it. I installed a central vacuum similar to you. Finally got the Magneshades on it. We want to make a run to Tempe to see our granddaughter in late August, but it is so darn hot...

Billy, I took your advice and opened up the front A/C unit from below. I re-insulated and 'sound proofed' all the ductwork and 'blocked off' the 'quick cool' side of fascia. The A/C is a lot quieter now and I think it puts out a bit more cool air. Now, I need to do the rear A/C unit before we head to Arizona.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts