Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #1

Windows delaminating

Did anybody have a problem with dual pane frameless windows? I have at least 2 with outer glass separating at the bottom. Very obvious as I close them and tighten the handle.
Mike
2015 33.2
myarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I just replaced the one by the dinette table. It popped out and chattered when I was closing it. 2800 to replace and I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement.

Unit comes as a hole unit, you can not just replace the smoked glass.

Don't tighten to much!!!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Price Check

Dave, what was that price?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

I ordered 3M 08609 Window-Weld Super Fast Black Urethane and will try to repair as described here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/hehr...ml#post3010878
But I'm 500 miles from home. I will put some black electrical tape around it to secure it for travel.
myarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.brown View Post
Dave, what was that price?
$2,800 dollars installed. It comes with both windows as a hole unit. Camping World did the work. Glass Co. Wanted $3,500.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #6

Side window replacement

What ??
I have a 2014 33.2 and had the 2 smaller back bedroom windows start to break down, or should I say that the seals were gapping open on the bottom.
I called Herr company and they sent me replacements free, and as I recall I promised to not send them a bill for labor. Sounds like a deal to me! The Herr folks were very pleasant to me. These windows do not come as a whole unit, just the glass (both panes sealed, etc.). They sent replacement hardware but I didn't need the parts as I used the old cranks, etc. as they are already installed. Whoever said the entire unit must be replaced is wrong.
They are relatively easy to change but one has to drill out a small rivet in the top track so the old window can slide out along the top track. The windows are a little heavy but I did the repair with ease. Buy the way Herr made the windows on their line and I had them in a couple weeks or less.
RVL14all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The way they were installed as I watched was as follows. Both windows and frame we're unscrewed from inside the couch. A lot of screws all around, I didn't count them. Then 2 guys on the outside on ladders and two on the inside pushed and pulled to get the frame and window out and gently placed on the ground.

New unit was all sealed up and what ever the sealant was they used and the hole thing went back in the reverse order.

I actually didn't pay anything the insurance paid for it. I saw the bill to the insurance co. I had to sign off on the work.

So the larger windows do come as a hole piece. Maybe the tiny bedroom windows are different.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
... I actually didn't pay anything the insurance paid for it. I saw the bill to the insurance co. I had to sign off on the work.
Hi Dave,

Was wondering when you said the insurance paid for it, is this your RV Comprehensive Insurance or your Extended Warranty insurance?

Thanks.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Hi Dave,

Was wondering when you said the insurance paid for it, is this your RV Comprehensive Insurance or your Extended Warranty insurance?

Thanks.
Regular RV insurance I had a accident with a telephone pole on the other side and tore off the awning and damaged the topper on bedroom slide. Along with scuff marks. I think I twisted the couch a little and when I heard air coming in I tightened the widow and it popped.

Talk about having a bad day!!

On another note I can not say enough about Good Sam insurance (National General). Called them and they handled everything with Camping World (another Good Sam Affiliated Co.) All paper work and pictures done in one day and parts ordered by Insurance and Camping World.

I think it took the six weeks to get the window because Camping World went through Thor for all the parts.

Tags
window