RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
HappyCamper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: York, PA
Posts: 160
Windshield wiper problems in Palazzo.

Have any of you had reoccurring problems with your windshield wiper blades? We had to replace the motor earlier this year because the high speed did not work. Today I pushed the wash button and the wipers stopped working. I checked the one windshield wiper fuse but that isn't the problem apparently. Any ideas of what could be happening? Are there multiple fuses? Thanks for your help.
__________________

HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: western NC mountains!
Posts: 4,106
mine stopped working one day as rain began, i believe i had just pushed the washer fluid button. i believe i replaced the 5a fuse several times, tho it blew each time. i finally replaced it with a 10a fuse and they have worked fine since, tho still no washer fluid.
I believe it was fuse F26 near bottom right side of circuit board. I also think that the circuit board has red light indicators for each fuse that may have blown(you probably have to have either the key on or the engine running)...
__________________

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 65
Windshield washer not working

I hope it's ok to jump in here.
When returning home yesterday, I tried to use the windshield washers with no success.
While checking it out this afternoon I found the rubber hose from the reservoir disconnected at the top. I have looked and looked and have not been able to find where it was disconnected from.

Any help would be much appreciated!
__________________
Keith & Beth
Southeast Michigan
Palazzo 33.2, Canyon Black
mcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
HappyCamper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: York, PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
mine stopped working one day as rain began, i believe i had just pushed the washer fluid button. i believe i replaced the 5a fuse several times, tho it blew each time. i finally replaced it with a 10a fuse and they have worked fine since, tho still no washer fluid.
I believe it was fuse F26 near bottom right side of circuit board. I also think that the circuit board has red light indicators for each fuse that may have blown(you probably have to have either the key on or the engine running)...

You are the best. Thank you. I replaced this fuse and the wipers work again. I had replaced fuse f30 labeled wiper motor but that was not the problem. I had failed to realize that the wipers have two fuses. Fuse 26 is labeled Rear Vision/Wiper SW. I assume that the SW may be switch.

Thanks again. We are planning to leave tonight to travel from PA to New Orleans and there is rain in the forecast.
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jones47172's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I hope it's ok to jump in here.
When returning home yesterday, I tried to use the windshield washers with no success.
While checking it out this afternoon I found the rubber hose from the reservoir disconnected at the top. I have looked and looked and have not been able to find where it was disconnected from.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Each wiper arm has a rubber tube pushed on a fitting where the arm is attached to the fiberglass (so look at the back side of the fiberglass where the arm pivots). Follow the tube to a T-fitting. The tube coming from the reservoir attaches to this T-fitting to supply both wipers.
__________________
Mike & Sue Jones
Venetian A40, formally Palazzo 35.1
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Member
 
Petcar's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 83
Had a similar situation on 2014 33.2. Washer pump was seized. Wipers worked till I pressed wash, then wipers quit. Replaced 3 fuses before I looked deeper and found problem. Good luck. Peter
__________________
14 Palazzo 33.2. Peter, Carole, and Buzz. Where am I goin'? I don't know Where am I headin'? I ain't certain
All I know Is I am on my way! (plagiarised)
Petcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
HappyCamper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: York, PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
Each wiper arm has a rubber tube pushed on a fitting where the arm is attached to the fiberglass (so look at the back side of the fiberglass where the arm pivots). Follow the tube to a T-fitting. The tube coming from the reservoir attaches to this T-fitting to supply both wipers.

I discovered that the "T" was broken where the single hose from the windshield washer fluid tank connected to the two hoses going to each of the windshield wiper blades. I will have to by a new "T" connection. I was expecting to see fluid squirting out of the single hose when I pushed the "wash" button. It doesn't but I hope this means that each of the two windshield wiper blades are actually sucking the fluid up to them via a vacuum pressure. Do any of you know? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 65
Broken T

I finally got around to checking my washer hoses this morning. I found a broken tea as well.

The washer fluid does come from the single hose from the washer reservoir.

Any idea where I can find a replacement for the broken T.
mcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
jones47172's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper7 View Post
I discovered that the "T" was broken where the single hose from the windshield washer fluid tank connected to the two hoses going to each of the windshield wiper blades. I will have to by a new "T" connection. I was expecting to see fluid squirting out of the single hose when I pushed the "wash" button. It doesn't but I hope this means that each of the two windshield wiper blades are actually sucking the fluid up to them via a vacuum pressure. Do any of you know? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
If there is fluid in the reservoir, and you activate the pump, fluid should squirt out of the single hose attached to the T fitting. It is not operated by vacuum.
__________________
Mike & Sue Jones
Venetian A40, formally Palazzo 35.1
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: western NC mountains!
Posts: 4,106
Unhappy

tried my washer again today, nothing, and all lines look in place - I did take note of these two fuse block things lighted up on the fuse board ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	115086  
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jones47172's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
tried my washer again today, nothing, and all lines look in place - I did take note of these two fuse block things lighted up on the fuse board ....
My guess is that they are relays, one for when the ignition key is in the acc position and the other for when the ignition key is in the run position. In the acc position the relay closes and applies power to the appropriate fuses. In the run position there would be more circuits getting power. Example: the wipers only work with the ignition key in the run position, not the acc position.
__________________
Mike & Sue Jones
Venetian A40, formally Palazzo 35.1
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
NettieRegina's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
tried my washer again today, nothing, and all lines look in place - I did take note of these two fuse block things lighted up on the fuse board ....
They are relays that control the wiper/washer system. On the Palazzo wiring diagram that I previously sent you, these relays are designated "K1-Wiper High Rly" and "K2-Wiper Low Relay". The diagram attached to your fuse-box cover does not properly describe these relays. But you haven't answered yet whether there is power at the washer motor leads when the washer button is depressed. Do you have the capability to test that?
__________________
Gary & Jeannette
2014 Palazzo 33.2 "Emma"
2012 Hyundai Accent SE "Blackie"
NettieRegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 268
I believe wiper high and low relays are not on the board. They are in the same compartment mounted on the wall next to the AGS.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06990.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	115298  
myarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
HappyCamper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: York, PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NettieRegina View Post
They are relays that control the wiper/washer system. On the Palazzo wiring diagram that I previously sent you, these relays are designated "K1-Wiper High Rly" and "K2-Wiper Low Relay". The diagram attached to your fuse-box cover does not properly describe these relays. But you haven't answered yet whether there is power at the washer motor leads when the washer button is depressed. Do you have the capability to test that?

I just bought a tester to see if I have power at the washer motor.

I replaced the 5 amp fuse with a 10 amp fuse and now the wipers keep working even if I hit the wash button. The fluid just doesn't squirt. I also replaced the broken T with a new one that I purchased at a regular auto parts store. They stock the Ts. I'm hoping I can get this fixed without having to take it to a shop. Thanks for your help.
__________________

HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ems, problems



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windshield Wiper Stroke POPPASMURF Monaco Owner's Forum 9 11-12-2015 10:29 PM
Palazzo Windshield Wiper Replacement Peterrrr Palazzo Motorhomes 8 10-31-2015 08:23 AM
Windshield wiper arm VP Chianese Newmar Owner's Forum 6 03-18-2015 06:44 AM
Sportscoach high profile windshield wiper arm removal The General Forest River Owners Forum 4 08-25-2014 06:24 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.