Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #1

Would you buy a Palazzo again?

I just had a nice conversation with a couple at WalMart here in Cody and they had a new Palazzo (2016) and I asked them what they thought of it. Their only complaint was a window (emergency exit) fell out somewhere in Wyoming and they also said you really had to watch driveways in gas stations etc. as there was not a lot of clearance in the front. In fact she went into one too fast and caught the front cap on the driveway doing $10,000 damage. So they had a new front cap. It looked great! I didn't ask about the insurance etc. but I am sure they were covered. They really like it with the exception of what I just outlined. I also gave them the phone number of a Thor dealer in Billings. Thor is replacing the window.

The question is, would you buy your Palazzo again or something else? Why or why not? Thanks.
BobMontgomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMontgomer View Post
I just had a nice conversation with a couple at WalMart here in Cody and they had a new Palazzo (2016) and I asked them what they thought of it. Their only complaint was a window (emergency exit) fell out somewhere in Wyoming and they also said you really had to watch driveways in gas stations etc. as there was not a lot of clearance in the front. In fact she went into one too fast and caught the front cap on the driveway doing $10,000 damage. So they had a new front cap. It looked great! I didn't ask about the insurance etc. but I am sure they were covered. They really like it with the exception of what I just outlined. I also gave them the phone number of a Thor dealer in Billings. Thor is replacing the window.

The question is, would you buy your Palazzo again or something else? Why or why not? Thanks.
Bob,

I see you own a ACE by Thor. I am assuming you are interested in upgrading to a bigger unit or maybe a diesel unit.

I will say that when I bought our Palazzo I was antsy and wanted to
get a RV as soon as I could. Will, I jumped into a brand new 2015 33.2
laying down $150,000 cash moola.... In retrospect, I kind of wish I would
have slowed down a step or two and maybe took my cash and maybe a little more and bought the DW and myself a little higher quality built coach,
maybe a year or two old.

But I did what I did,,,no take backs,,,,so to speak. I would lose sooooo
much money now that it would be a $50,000 cash loss. Man,,,,I cannot afford such a loss, I will just bite the bullet and live with my Palazzo. I actually enjoy it, having put 10,000 miles on it the first year.

So "MY Final Answer" is...........I like my Palazzo,,,as long as THOR keeps
up their end of the bargain,,,if not,,,,I will not be a Happy Camper...
and a $50,000 loser....

Happy trails,

Dennis
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Yes!

I have just turned 31,000.0 miles and still love it! Granted no coach is absolutely perfect either when you get it or after a few miles down the road. Thor repair center in Wakarusa, IL took care of all of my issues.

Love the 33.2 for it's size and mileage [11.3-12.2 mpg's] towing a car on a dolly at avg of 63 mph.

For the price it's an affordable coach to get into. Yes, the ground clearance is low and you have to be very careful and SLOW when entering higher aprons of stations etc.

Note: as a few things pop up and that due to bouncing down the road, I am able to tweek or fix them myself!

This IRV2 forum is an excellent information highway! For example after reading about house batteries not charging driving down the road. I found that mine weren't either and the fix was their with the part number and installation instructions from fellow Palazzo owners.

I would recommend this coach!

Good Luck!

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #4

No I would not. Just like throwing the dice. Might get a good one?? I didn't. Just not worth gambling $150,000

Lots of better options.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #5

now that I know my 33.3 fairly well... yes I would buy another since the new styling looks pretty good... I would just wring it out all over again. In the end Im pretty happen with ours.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #6

I don't have a Palazzo but I have slides that use the Schwintek drive system in my trailer and I swore I'd never have another rig with Schwintek slides in it.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #7
RV8

Would you buy another Palazzo?

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!! Somebody finally asked and so we will tell. Owned a 2014 33.2 which was in the repair shops more than on the road. Huge number of failures of parts and functions. Four slide replacements, two by factory techs, the others by factory recommended dealers. Refrigerator fell out of its compartment, sound bar fell off wall, breaking table. AC quit in KY four days after we left factory in IN. Storage bins leaked. Windshield wipers failed in torrential downpour. Microwave died, slide seals all needed replacement. All four rear tires deflated while in storage for a month due to poor valve installation. Large slide leaked copiously in heavy rain while parked and closed. And that is just the short list! Readers will remember the excitement on the board when the MH died completely, loosing all power while under way and about to enter I70 outside Kansas City. We traded it in when everything on the MH was finally working perfectly. Hope that continues for the new owner. We loved the layout but could not cope with constant failures at inopportune times. Our new rig which we have had for over a year and driven over 10,000 miles has had zero issues and has performed wonderfully. We could not be happier with RV 9!
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #8

Tell us what you really think RV8. I relate to just what your saying. I've heard so much crap about "every RV has issues"!! Well NO!!

The one I have now has had a water heating issue--fixed by me with help over the phone. and a frig issue fixed by Whirlpool!!

So not ALL RV have issues. I've had 4 now with only the Palazzo being a POS!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8 View Post
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!! Somebody finally asked and so we will tell. Owned a 2014 33.2 which was in the repair shops more than on the road. Huge number of failures of parts and functions. Four slide replacements, two by factory techs, the others by factory recommended dealers. Refrigerator fell out of its compartment, sound bar fell off wall, breaking table. AC quit in KY four days after we left factory in IN. Storage bins leaked. Windshield wipers failed in torrential downpour. Microwave died, slide seals all needed replacement. All four rear tires deflated while in storage for a month due to poor valve installation. Large slide leaked copiously in heavy rain while parked and closed. And that is just the short list! Readers will remember the excitement on the board when the MH died completely, loosing all power while under way and about to enter I70 outside Kansas City. We traded it in when everything on the MH was finally working perfectly. Hope that continues for the new owner. We loved the layout but could not cope with constant failures at inopportune times. Our new rig which we have had for over a year and driven over 10,000 miles has had zero issues and has performed wonderfully. We could not be happier with RV 9!
So what do you own now?
BobMontgomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
RV8

Would you buy a Palazzo again?

2015 Coach House Platinum 271XL FD; 10,000 miles, 16 months old, 163 nights occupancy in temps from 15-98F. All systems and parts function beautifully. Drives like a champ even towing Honda CRV, averaging 8-11 mpg depending on conditions. Manufactured by a family owned Corp, 30 years in business in Nokomis FL, do not sell through dealers. One piece cast fiberglass shell for everything exterior above the floor. Marine grade plywood, 5 ply in all cabinetry, furniture finish. Has one hydraulic slide. Will never own a unit with a Schwintek slide again. JMHO! Visit their website to check it out. Great customer interface at all corporate levels from the construction line to the president. It's a showstopper wherever we go. Couldn't be happier with this unit. And no we are not paid employees.
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #11

Yes I would.

2013 33.2 / 26K miles. Live in Colorado, lots of mountain driving.

My only complaint is that I don't use it enough.
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #12

Love our Palazzo
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #13

Yes. We really enjoy using our 33.3. We did not purchase the extended warranty and we definitely made the right decision to date.

Our biggest mistake was using the service department of the big camping store. We will never make that mistake again.
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
now that I know my 33.3 fairly well... yes I would buy another since the new styling looks pretty good... I would just wring it out all over again. In the end Im pretty happen with ours.
You could actually give Thor some pointers Redridge,, you and many more have

done so many great Mods. Actually,,, some of which should have already have been

incorporated into the design. I for one have a pet peeve against the cheap

bays and bay doors design...Oh well,,,,no biggie.... JMHO
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote