Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
So why is the title of this thread "Yet another Palazzo problem.."? This is a first. You lock yourself out of your house and fault the builder for installing locks......
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #16

It's called let's see how bad we can kill resale value. When they want to move up to a bigger coach they will wish they did not put all this stuff on the blogs.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
So why is the title of this thread "Yet another Palazzo problem.."? This is a first. You lock yourself out of your house and fault the builder for installing locks......
Yes this was a Palazzo problem. If you'd read the all the replies, you would not jump to conclusions. So, I will summarize here now. She said the door was already replaced. I will not even try to get her to answer why it needed to be replaced. The door locked on itself apparently because something on the locking mechanism was loose and the lock vibrated down or in the locked position by itself when she closed the door. So there.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
It's called let's see how bad we can kill resale value. When they want to move up to a bigger coach they will wish they did not put all this stuff on the blogs.
It's not our fault that Thor Motor Coach has poor quality control. Let's face it. Thor offered a low cost affordable DP at the expense of poor quality control. Furthermore the only thing that is going to hurt the resale of any motor home is signing the paperwork and driving it off the lot for the first time. 30 to 50K was dropped right there. Keep it a few more years and another 20 to 30K is dropped right there.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Thank you, Palazzoblues. 'Nuff said.

The reason I titled this post the way I did is because every single time we have taken out our coach, something happens. Here are some examples: The valve extenders leaked on our inner duals to 53psi so I had to drive to Sears and buy a compressor which we now carry with us and have had to use numerous times (delayed five hours), the loose washing machine hoses flooded the entire front end of the coach and interior walls, the kitchen sink faucet began leaking from within the fixture, and each of the elbow fittings under the sink burst (each on a different occasion). Do you know how hard it is to find a compression fitting on Christmas Eve? Very. Spent Christmas Day with no water until the following morning when I could find a replacement part.

So now you can count the exact number of times we've taken out our Palazzo. We all face the same issues when it comes to resale. Unless you shut the internet down, potential customers will always know what the issues are. Dealers and competitors talk. I heard plenty from the Winnebago folks speaking poorly of the Palazzo when I attended the Hershey show last fall. Did it deter me from buying my Palazzo? Absolutely not.

I always respect the comments of others and don't care to partake in controversy or unnecessary drama. Life is too short for that kind of stuff. I'd appreciate the same respect and consideration in return. We're all adults here. Let's try to keep it friendly.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
the lock vibrated down or in the locked position by itself when she closed the door.
I did read the post so unless I missed it, this is the only reported case of a lock mechanistic "vibrating" to the locked position.

That's her story and she's sticking to it

So there!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #21

Quote:
I did read the post so unless I missed it, this is the only reported case of a lock mechanistic "vibrating" to the locked position.

So there!
DG,

I was locked out of a Keystone Fifth wheel back in 2006 when the lock itself spun the barrel. Basically I locked the door and was not able to unlock it because something in the latch/lock got screwed up. Again, that was a perfect example of cheap parts. Hate to go off topic here, but really it's not.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #22

only thing I will say about our Palazzo problems is that we need to fix our MH as the problems arise... this is the only way we will get to know our coaches and finally enjoy them. We have a good bunch here that will share the problems and its fixes. I would rather have a nice helpful supportive virtual community rather than rants about Thor this and that (though that has its place as well). At the end of the day it is the owners that will dictate what the Palazzo community is like... Love it or hate it, I prefer to remember the good aspects of why we bought the Palazzo over the other brands we passed up. Since we all bought new, we could of easily bought the other brands.
I am sorry for the troubles we all had... but I still do not regret my purchase... thats my story and Im sticking to it.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Quote:

So there!
A little respect goes a long way.

Would a video of the loose red knob satisfy you? Not that your condescending response warrants it. I have nothing to prove here, especially to you. Believe what you want to believe if that makes you feel better, but please refrain from making such nasty comments. They are uncalled for and tend to start problems where there aren't any.

We're adults, remember? Please, let's try to maintain this a friendly environment for all.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
only thing I will say about our Palazzo problems is that we need to fix our MH as the problems arise... this is the only way we will get to know our coaches and finally enjoy them. We have a good bunch here that will share the problems and its fixes. I would rather have a nice helpful supportive virtual community rather than rants about Thor this and that (though that has its place as well). At the end of the day it is the owners that will dictate what the Palazzo community is like... Love it or hate it, I prefer to remember the good aspects of why we bought the Palazzo over the other brands we passed up. Since we all bought new, we could of easily bought the other brands.
I am sorry for the troubles we all had... but I still do not regret my purchase... thats my story and Im sticking to it.
Ferdinand,

I hear ya. I am with you. I am not worried so much of all the problems. It's just the process and length of time it takes to get the problems fixed.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #25
Community Administrator

Let's cut out the personal comments as it's not allowed here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Thanks.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Pulled the Palazzo out of my storage bay, and went to close the garage door. When I went to get back inside, the door was locked. So here I sit, with the Palazzo running and the door locked. I'm over an hour away from home. Called Camping World Roadside Assistance who proceeded to tell me that they will send a locksmith out, but the locksmith may charge me a fee that won't be covered by my CW roadside assistance.

Ironically, I am right next door to a Camping World. It's closed, not that they'd be of any help. In any case, I'm livid, cold and frustrated.

Every time we are getting ready to take this thing anywhere, there is always a problem.

So far, I've been on hold for 20 minutes and no locksmith is available yet.

I love the idea of RVing, but damn, is it nerve wrecking!
A few weeks ago when we were camping in Monroe, LA the RV (Fleetwood Providence) parked next to me was locked out of his $400K RV. He had electronic door locks with a remote key fob and locked the door on his way out only to discover he left his key fob inside. After some searching throughout the campground he found another Fleetwood camper who had a standard key that opened his door.

I think that locking yourself out happens more frequently then this forum would suggest but it seldom gets reported. The good thing that will come out of this conversation will be the awareness that it can and will happen so others will hide an extra key someplace outside. THANKS GINGERELA!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
A few weeks ago when we were camping in Monroe, LA the RV (Fleetwood Providence) parked next to me was locked out of his $400K RV. He had electronic door locks with a remote key fob and locked the door on his way out only to discover he left his key fob inside. After some searching throughout the campground he found another Fleetwood camper who had a standard key that opened his door.

I think that locking yourself out happens more frequently then this forum would suggest but it seldom gets reported. The good thing that will come out of this conversation will be the awareness that it can and will happen so others will hide an extra key someplace outside. THANKS GINGERELA!

Here's a link with just a small sampling of previous threads regarding " locked out "

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lock...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Think whats more interesting is that a key from one MH opened another MH. LOL. On the subjects of locks, Thor failed to provide me with all the correct keys I needed to open one of the compartments behind the Washer and Dryer to access the valve. I took the number off of the lock, when in the house and pulled an old key off my key wring with the same number and voila, it opened the lock. GO figure.
Road Master base plates