Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #1

2017 Creekside 20FQ - What sewage hose storage solution?

I ended up getting the sewage hose kit at the recommendation of my Outdoor RV dealer.

Valterra D04-0275 20 Feet Dominator Sewer Hose Kit

What is the best way to store it in my 20FQ? Storage tub? Storage tube? Inside the storage bay or mounted under the frame?
stylinlp38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The rear bumper is hollow and the rubber ends come out, this has been the traditional sewer hose storage area on RVs for quite some time now. BTW the rubber ends are vented.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:35 AM   #3

I read a post on another forum that the Valterra Dominator Sewer Hose ends are too big to fit. Is that true?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rubber Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
The rear bumper is hollow and the rubber ends come out, this has been the traditional sewer hose storage area on RVs for quite some time now. BTW the rubber ends are vented.
Regarding the rubber end caps, our Wind River has a thicker rear bumper that
the typical rubber end won't fit. Ours didn't come with them so I purchased replacements from Amazon and they're too small. I'd love to store our hoses there so wondering if there are other sizes available. Anyway, I don't worry about the bumper coming off with our bikes attached!
Thanks
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I built my Rhinoflex holder out of a PVC fence post. Home Depot sold me an extra end cap (drilled holes in both caps to keep out the bugs yet allows great air flow). Used UV resistant zip ties to hold the fence post to the top of the bumper and a cotter key to hold the end caps on. My Rhinoflex came with caps so everything stays high and dry. I had some extra room in my PVC post so I made a container from a plastic eavestrough section (about 8" long) and two end caps. In there I store my rubber gloves, a small container of dish soap and an old hand towel. Once everything is dumped I then can wash my gloves and hands before hopping into the cab of the truck.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
I built my Rhinoflex holder out of a PVC fence post. Home Depot sold me an extra end cap (drilled holes in both caps to keep out the bugs yet allows great air flow). Used UV resistant zip ties to hold the fence post to the top of the bumper and a cotter key to hold the end caps on. My Rhinoflex came with caps so everything stays high and dry. I had some extra room in my PVC post so I made a container from a plastic eavestrough section (about 8" long) and two end caps. In there I store my rubber gloves, a small container of dish soap and an old hand towel. Once everything is dumped I then can wash my gloves and hands before hopping into the cab of the truck.
Great Idea! Thanks
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
Regarding the rubber end caps, our Wind River has a thicker rear bumper that
the typical rubber end won't fit. Ours didn't come with them so I purchased replacements from Amazon and they're too small. I'd love to store our hoses there so wondering if there are other sizes available. Anyway, I don't worry about the bumper coming off with our bikes attached!
Thanks
Our WR bumper holds about 30ft of 15mil "conventional" sewer hoses. I did have to file off some of the excess plastic on the end fittings to make them fit easily. (Our WR came with bumper end caps.) I drilled a vertical hole through both bumper ends and the caps and put a long 1/4" bolt through them to be sure the hoses did make an unwanted escape. Absent end caps, I would think about making ones out of 1-2" thick lumber.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #8

I ended up buying a "Valterra A04-0153XBK Black 64" EZ Hose Carrier"
I'm not sure yet where to mount and drill this yet. It seems that the entire undercarriage and frame is sealed off by that corrugated plastic sheet with 'Rivets" so If I pop off those rivets I have to re-revit it?
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #9

I went wastemaster and could not be happier. Click on the hyperlink in my signature and i have a writeup in there on it.

AJ
ajohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #10

That's one really nice setup.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #11

Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach0.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	164531
We put ours under in a piece of PVC painted black