Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #1

2017 Creekside 23 RKS

2017 Creekside 23 RKS video - good looking unit. I think the Armor package is now standard.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I suggest you keep an eye on the OutdoorsRV web suite for all the changes in the lines. There are some upgrade packages that many will like. The new Titanium level can be ordered in any TT and gives you Blackstone level in a smaller unit. There will also be a complete re-do of the ORV videos that will explain everything.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I suggest you keep an eye on the OutdoorsRV web suite for all the changes in the lines. There are some upgrade packages that many will like. The new Titanium level can be ordered in any TT and gives you Blackstone level in a smaller unit. There will also be a complete re-do of the ORV videos that will explain everything.
Thanks Steve! ORV should reward you handsomely! Maybe a free all expense paid trip for you and Cannon to La Grande.

Mr. Wonderful
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The same good travel trailer as ours with some small cosmetic differences, like black rock guard on the front cap instead of white, a black rubber floor in the storage bay instead of the vinyl flooring, a bigger side window in the bedroom. Other things that really needed improvement on this model have been left untouched.

I like the Mor/Ryde addition to the suspension, other than I wonder if that will raise the hitch that's too high even higher?

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Jim View Post
Other things that really needed improvement on this model have been left untouched.
What are those things?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The full info could be a few more weeks. Wait to pass judgement till after you have all the facts of the new year.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We sure do like our Creek Side 23 RKS. Best trailer we have ever owned.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Jim View Post
The same good travel trailer as ours with some small cosmetic differences, like black rock guard on the front cap instead of white, a black rubber floor in the storage bay instead of the vinyl flooring, a bigger side window in the bedroom. Other things that really needed improvement on this model have been left untouched.

I like the Mor/Ryde addition to the suspension, other than I wonder if that will raise the hitch that's too high even higher?

Jim
d
Picked up our 2016 Creekside 23RKS a few weeks ago and after looking at the video, ours is identical to the 2017. Same colours in the interior, same black vinyl in the pass through, same black rock guard on front cap, larger bedroom window etc. Just finished installing 4 GC-2 batteries on the tongue, 480W solar, and 2000W inverter in the front storage area.

Dave
crosscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
options

the rubber diamond plate, metal shield for awning and tread lite aluminum steps are/were optional as part of the "armor shield package". our 240 has these.

hey dave. would you post some pics of you battery setup?
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #10

Same question Dave! Can you post some pics of your battery setup on the tongue. I have a 2016 Wind River 280RKS with the Propride hitch and have installed a torklift power armor box but only have two lifeline GPL-4CT batteries and want to add two more. I also installed 960w of AM Solar panels and the Magnum Hybrid 3000w inverter. I really want to have all four batteries on the tongue but have only found one box that might work...Century makes it and I think it's just a white molded plastic box and lid. Interested in your setup.

Dan
danboracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:54 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danboracer View Post
I also installed 960w of AM Solar panels and the Magnum Hybrid 3000w inverter. I really want to have all four batteries on the tongue but have only found one box that might work...Century makes it and I think it's just a white molded plastic box and lid. Interested in your setup.

Dan
Nice setup.
I dropped that 4-GC2 Century Box right in between the frame rails of my Timber Ridge. Fits perfectly. Drilled holes through the cap so there was a short, direct run of 2/0 cable to the inverter in the pass-thru.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Nice setup.
I dropped that 4-GC2 Century Box right in between the frame rails of my Timber Ridge. Fits perfectly. Drilled holes through the cap so there was a short, direct run of 2/0 cable to the inverter in the pass-thru.
j
I have a similar setup as brulaz as he was the one who gave me the ideas. 4- 6V GC-2 batteries in a Century Plastics box that just fit that type of battery, behind the propane tanks. Drilled 2 holes in the cap for 2X 2/0 cables, 2X 12-2 wires from shore power into inverter that is to the right mounted on a sheet of 3/4" plywood just below the light and next to the access door and back to disabled converter plus a remote wire to inverter on/off unit next to radio, plus a ground wire to chassis. Just make sure that the platform between the frame rails is sturdy enough for the extra load and drill holes in the bottom of the plastic box as there are holes cut in the top of the box for cables that could allow rain water to get inside the box. I will provide pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Dave
Old 10-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #13

Lets see if I can upload some photos. Battery box is set down in between the yoke rails as there is not enough room for 4 batteries sitting on the rails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0873.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	142499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0874.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	142500  

Old 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #14

Very nice! I think that's my next project. Have you thought about how you might secure it from theft. I have a couple ideas of a bar that spans across the lid but curious what ideas you might have.

Dan
danboracer is offline   Reply With Quote