Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

Really wasn't too hard to decide. Looking at the new 24 rks or the 25rds and $$$$. Putting in a sofa was an easy upgrade for the money. I want my kids to come with us and without a real sleeping situation for them they will just say no thanks. I'm looking to do a few upgrades to make our trailer more comfy.
Realfunone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realfunone View Post
Really wasn't too hard to decide. Looking at the new 24 rks or the 25rds and $$$$. Putting in a sofa was an easy upgrade for the money. I want my kids to come with us and without a real sleeping situation for them they will just say no thanks. I'm looking to do a few upgrades to make our trailer more comfy.
My 24RKS has water lines, air duct, and wheel well under the couch. Did yours? If it does, how did you get the recliners in.

PS - I've come to like the current sofa. I've added a couple of simple things like a bolster.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #17

I have the 23 fs aka rks with the jack knife sofa. My new sofa looks like the one in the 24 rks. Much better. The jack knife was unsleepable..... for an adult.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscheck View Post
Ya beat me to it. I agree the sofa is not that comfortable, but I pulled the sofa forward off the carpet and there ain't,t no pipes or rads, just carpet. Can I ask you Pappa Jim, sofa brand? Supplier? Cost? Item #?

Thanks

Dave
Dave I removed the jack knife sofa and installed a Thomas Paine 68 inch trifold sofa. It looks the same as what orv puts in the 24 rks now.I purchased at camping world. On sale now and with the 10 % off coupon it made sense to me. It is a nice upgrade.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realfunone View Post
Dave I removed the jack knife sofa and installed a Thomas Paine 68 inch trifold sofa. It looks the same as what orv puts in the 24 rks now.I purchased at camping world. On sale now and with the 10 % off coupon it made sense to me. It is a nice upgrade.
I checked it out. Looks a whole lot nicer to use as a bed than the existing jack knife sofa. We might try and see one at camping world when on our next camping trip. Is it more comfortable to sit on than jack knife sofa?

Thanks.

Dave
2016 Creekside 23RKS 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex inverter, 4 GC2 batteries 450AH, 2016 F350 CC SB diesel 4x4, Cooper 275 R70 17 studded snows in winter, Michelin 245/75R 17 A/T2 the rest of the year. https://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca
crosscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #20

I sat on it only for a few minutes. I just installed it last weekend. I did savor it though. Lol.. it seems to be a very nice upgrade . That will make my trailer more user friendly. The old sofa is useless for sleeping on. I didn't sit on the old couch that much. It wasn't a issue for sitting on. Only sleeping.