Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #15

I hadn't looked at the ORV site in several months before today and it looks like they don't even make our Creek Side 23DBS anymore. At least I couldn't find that floorpan I'm surprised how much they changed their lineup.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK, if the kayaks or boat are short enough, it may be simple.

But longer kayaks and boats (>12' ?) are an issue with 5th wheels.

AFAIK the cab-over-hood set up is all that works, unless you can lift them on top of your trailer.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
I hadn't looked at the ORV site in several months before today and it looks like they don't even make our Creek Side 23DBS anymore. At least I couldn't find that floorpan I'm surprised how much they changed their lineup.
Our Creek Side 23RKS has been changed in many ways. Looks to be a cheaper build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
OK, if the kayaks or boat are short enough, it may be simple.

But longer kayaks and boats (>12' ?) are an issue with 5th wheels.

AFAIK the cab-over-hood set up is all that works, unless you can lift them on top of your trailer.
I would have to order this kit for the boat and yes the cool looking factor has gone out the window. As they say this would be function over form.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001-5th-Wheel-Pole-Mount,w.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	153988
Old 03-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
They still build the floor plan, but it is no longer a Creekside. Now you get it in a black rock without the outside kitchen or even a tv or you get Timber Ridge set up pretty much the same as our Creekside for a lot more money.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:21 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not sure about where you live, or how far you travel, but if you were only towing in Ontario, you could double tow that boat behind your 5er. See a lot of that here.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
They still build the floor plan, but it is no longer a Creekside. Now you get it in a black rock without the outside kitchen or even a tv or you get Timber Ridge set up pretty much the same as our Creekside for a lot more money.
Okay, I see those versions now, thanks. I think I'm happy with what we already have.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
.... I have special ordered several trailers in the past with negative results as far as build quality. My only thought as to why the build quality would go down on a special order is because the trailer is separated from the standard run and not getting the attention to details as the others. However, if I were to buy another trailer I would like to special order if ORV would accommodated my requests......
Were those special orders from ORV?
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
~6 yrs ago, one of my buddies ordered a custom ORV Wind River with features including:

* additional market lights in the side skirting that flash with blinkers.
* 7pin plug wiring with a real hitch on back of trailer.
* additional 110V exterior sockets (both sides).
* additional 12v exterior lighting flood lighting (both sides).
* 2 custom windows (1 change location, and 1 a different size)
* misc custom cabinetry (pockets instead of drawers in places)
* custom battery tray
* extended frame

ORV used to do very custom work.
(not sure if they still accommodate those requests today)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Not sure about where you live, or how far you travel, but if you were only towing in Ontario, you could double tow that boat behind your 5er. See a lot of that here.
I would do that in a heart beat if the lovely state of Washington would change the laws to allow tandem towing.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMonk View Post
Were those special orders from ORV?
No, ORV was not even in business yet.

1-I special ordered a AF 22H in 2004. I had them do cabinet work, add and subtract items and add a larger refer.

2-I special ordered a AF 25R in 2006. This was the first year of the wide body. I had them do generator prep, cabinet work, larger refer, larger hot water heater and add and subtract items.

3-I special ordered a Komfort 277ts in 2008. I had them to cabinet work, thermal pane windows, heat pump, solid surface counter tops, upgraded suspension and tires and wheels and add and subtract items.

All of these trailers came with unique problems not with the any of the special order items but with build quality in general. The worst one yet was the Komfort, I took it in to the dealer for some warranty work and was informed that the wrong glue was used on the siding and that the fiberglass skins were falling off. That trailer went back to the Komfort factory 3 time before I gave up. Komfort is now out of business thank God.

So far with the ORV Creek Side I have not had a lick of problems with this standard run of the mill build. Knock on wood.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:07 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Okay, I see those versions now, thanks. I think I'm happy with what we already have.
Oh yes! I think to get what we have we would have to upgrade to a much more expensive model and wouldn't get anything we don't already have. I am really disappointed that ORV decided to downgrade the Creekside by removing the fiberglass front cap etc. I am going to the big Portland RV show this week and it will be interesting to see the changes.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Oh yes! I think to get what we have we would have to upgrade to a much more expensive model and wouldn't get anything we don't already have. I am really disappointed that ORV decided to downgrade the Creekside by removing the fiberglass front cap etc. I am going to the big Portland RV show this week and it will be interesting to see the changes.
We can't tell you how disappointed we are missing the boat on the old designs. However something in our tow range and still properly insulated are just hard to find. We are in discussions now with the some dealers about our selection. We would love to hear about any and all of your observations when you get back!
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMonk View Post
We can't tell you how disappointed we are missing the boat on the old designs. However something in our tow range and still properly insulated are just hard to find. We are in discussions now with the some dealers about our selection. We would love to hear about any and all of your observations when you get back!
ModestMonk,

Wow, over 650 post since October regarding a future TT. A lot of due diligence.

What is your tow vehicle and your tow range? Someone asked you that question before and I can't remember what you answered.

Dave
2016 Creekside 23RKS 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex inverter, 4 GC2 batteries 450AH, 2016 F350 CC SB diesel 4x4, Cooper 275 R70 17 studded snows in winter, Michelin 245/75R 17 A/T2 the rest of the year. https://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca
crosscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:40 AM   #28

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
So I got the bug the other day and stopped by the dealer to see what is new and exciting. I discovered that trailers have not changed much in the past three years, however new is always fun to look at. After looking it seems that there are a few models missing in most dealers inventory. The models I really wanted to view is the Timber Ridge 24RKS and the 24RLS in the Titanium series but they are not to be found as of now on dealer lots. This leads to my question of special ordering. I have special ordered several trailers in the past with negative results as far as build quality. My only thought as to why the build quality would go down on a special order is because the trailer is separated from the standard run and not getting the attention to details as the others. However, if I were to buy another trailer I would like to special order if ORV would accommodated my requests. I would like for them to do simple things in my mind but might be out of the question for ORV since they are a production line operation. Simple meaning, delete outside speakers, delete outside shower, move power/water/CCTV connections, larger water heater, replace A/C with a heat pump, delete power stabilizers, upgrade awning, single bowel sink, delete hair dryer, run wire for trimetric/inverter charger/solar, delete window in bedroom door, radiant heat pads in the floor and others. Has anyone been able to get ORV to do anything like this on a special order?

I have not seen ORV on here lately, but I think we should start a thread just for ORV factory for suggestions regarding the models in production. They were all ears several years back being involved but seems they have taken a back seat ride since times have gotten better in the economy.

Then I started looking at 5th's so now this has started a whole new venture. Seems that 5th's are a little better constructed and there are some higher end companies out there as well. My only problem is where do I put my 12ft aluminum boat when going to the lakes and I dont know if I can bring myself to drilling holes in the bed of my truck.
I have been quite busy these days with plenty on the slate....still monitoring posts and answering PMs but not much posting. All models are built in a 'run' of specific quantity so there are none built all by themselves. The 24RLS/RKS are current product. Your list of special order requests is pretty extensive and we would not be able to accommodate all of them but would possibly do a few of them. Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion and that I do not necessarily have the final say as to what non-standard build items are allowed. Hope this helps.

Jamie

Tags
vent