Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It must be that time when everyone is getting anxious to set their camping plans. We were on the waiting list since last summer, As of yesterday, we secured a spot in the host campground and therefore cancelled backup spots at the State Park. So, for those still on the waiting list, there is hope. It might not hurt to give Park at the River CG a call to see how things are shaping up.
While there is an extraordinary amount of snow still here, things are progressing, the trailer is being cleaned and restocked for another year and we look forward to trekking down from Calgary to meet all you fine folks.
Cheers
Glen, Marg and a pair of Chi's
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks Lac,
We are very disappointed that we can't make it, I was looking forward to the discussions about our regional bird and our fancy igloos. ;^)
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #31
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump010 View Post
Unfortunately, we had to cancel our spot at Park at the River. My loving wife had an employment change that is extremely positive and couldn't be passed up. Here's looking at 2019, see ya next year.
Sorry to hear you can't make it, but congrats to your lovely wife on her new employment opportunity. Sherry and I were looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Pete
PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump010 View Post
Thanks Lac,
We are very disappointed that we can't make it, I was looking forward to the discussions about our regional bird and our fancy igloos. ;^)
Sorry you guys can't make it down from PG. Did you ever get the trailer tires changed out to snow skiis instead, so you can pull it behind your native cariboo year-round?
....and here we were hoping to put on a class with you guys, on how Canadians build modern igloos for year-round living. An alternative was going to be about conserving electricity in igloos by only using refrigerators on cold days, but then we would need to get electricity in Canada first!
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #33

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Pete,
We are also looking very forward to visiting with you 2 as well, maybe we need to do a north OK / Kamloops / Shuswap rally and get Lac involved for a red solo cup extravaganza!

Altaclipper,
Skis are installed but the truck is stuck. I tried to tow it with my ATV on tracks but it just dug to middle earth!

Cheers All, please let me know what the dates are for 2019. I would like to reserve a spot as soon as the 2018 rally in the books.
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #34
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Famous and infamous Campout not golf trophy

Mr.Wonderful was the lucky and happy recipient of this beauty at last year’s Campout. As Campout tradition dictates he will be passing this thing on,however, in a new and improved look, to an unsuspecting Campout attendee who will most likely deserve it. All attendees are targets!!!
It was handmade in Canada, British Columbia specifically, with nonorganic scrap wood, pesticide free screws and free range balls. All components were donated and no animals were hurt during the construction. It was imported without issue and hermitically transported with care to last year’s Campout.
Good luck or Bonne Chance if you live in Quebec!!!

Coops
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C6107C15-219B-4284-808E-5FC6D783F078.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	197138  
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Mr.Wonderful was the lucky and happy recipient of this beauty at last year’s Campout. As Campout tradition dictates he will be passing this thing on,however, in a new and improved look, to an unsuspecting Campout attendee who will most likely deserve it. All attendees are targets!!!
It was handmade in Canada, British Columbia specifically, with nonorganic scrap wood, pesticide free screws and free range balls. All components were donated and no animals were hurt during the construction. It was imported without issue and hermitically transported with care to last year’s Campout.
Good luck or Bonne Chance if you live in Quebec!!!

Coops
Sorry I overlooked this magnificient post! Yes, I have accepted the challenge of trying to improve upon BC excellence and I am losing much sleep over this daunting assignment. Nevertheless, please rest assured that the original elegance and creativity of this perpetual award will remain in its 2018 embodiment.

Mr. Wonderful
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #36
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Sorry I overlooked this magnificient post! Yes, I have accepted the challenge of trying to improve upon BC excellence and I am losing much sleep over this daunting assignment. Nevertheless, please rest assured that the original elegance and creativity of this perpetual award will remain in its 2018 embodiment.

Mr. Wonderful

For the record:
1) He won it at last year Campout. Lucky him and well deserved.
2) There is no challenge; he broke this Canadian Picasso of trophys...pure and simple. Now he needs to fix it,repair it, replace it or all three.

Knowing Mr. Wonderful as I do... it will be “over engineered” and common sense is out the window.

Coops
Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
For the record:
1) He won it at last year Campout. Lucky him and well deserved.
2) There is no challenge; he broke this Canadian Picasso of trophys...pure and simple. Now he needs to fix it,repair it, replace it or all three.

Knowing Mr. Wonderful as I do... it will be “over engineered” and common sense is out the window.

Coops

Mr. W
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Exclamation openings...

“the park” had us down for space 55 and 17, although 17 was their mistake. we canceled so give them a call.
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #39
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Any takers on this spot

Did anyone pick up spot 17 ?
You may have the us ( Mr. and Mrs.Coops) as a neighbours

Coops
Old 04-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Is there going to be a reservation map out this year?
Rylrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #41
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylrider View Post
Is there going to be a reservation map out this year?
Hi Rylrider. Yes for sure we will have a campground map out for the Campout. I'm just working on it (well at least trying to remember how I did it last year! ) Stay tuned!

Sherry
PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #42
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Many thanks for your efforts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
Hi Rylrider. Yes for sure we will have a campground map out for the Campout. I'm just working on it (well at least trying to remember how I did it last year! ) Stay tuned!

Sherry

Thanks for doing this...

Coops

Tags
door, outdoor, rally